Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I remember the 1999 Ravens who outplayed most of their opponents only to lose (see both Jacksonville games just to name a few).
    The Ravens have issues but they are winning which is the only thing that matters.

I know everyone wants consistency and dominance but this level of adversity may serve them well down the road.

Relax
    The only consistency that matters to me is consistently going deep in the play-offs and that takes consistently winning game. 75% is pretty consistent and that's their winning percentage at the halfway point. 100% is their percentage for making the play-offs since 08...that's as consistent as it gets. They might not be pretty all the time but they win and that's what matters.

Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    The only consistency that matters to me is consistently going deep in the play-offs and that takes consistently winning game. 75% is pretty consistent and that's their winning percentage at the halfway point. 100% is their percentage for making the play-offs since 08...that's as consistent as it gets. They might not be pretty all the time but they win and that's what matters.
    I agree. All this crap about winning pretty is bullshit.

The Steelers were down 10 in the 4th quarter to the Giants and basically on one big play turned the whole game around. If you didn't watch the game, you'd have thought the Steelers won going away based off a dominant performance. They played well when it counted and won which is all that matters.

The Browns shut down the Chargers who have a better offense than Ravens yet despite the Ravens scoring 25 points because the offense was shut down in quarters 2 & 3, the Ravens were somehow losers despite winning.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 11-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.

The Ravens just know how to win. I hear the same pessimism every year. We didn't light the Browns up in Cleveland last year. We will win more than we lose over the next 8 games. We have a team of winners. The Texans game was an exception. They knew they outplayed us in the playoffs last year and still lost. They had this game marked on their schedule. Our team is one of the big boys now and has been for a couple of years. Stop thinking the worst and lets conduct ourselves as if we are fans of an elite team because despite what I'm reading in this thread we are elite. Our fans panic to quickly. Pitt looked horrible early in the year but I knew they would be in the thick of things because even though I despise them they have similar DNA as the ravens. They are winners.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

I think we can pull off 2 more wins regardless of Cam getting his head out of his ass.
    Raiders
    Skins

The rest I am really up in the air the way the team has been playing.
    We should beat the following.... but both are on the road.
    Bengals
    Chargers
    vs Steelers

I'm really concerned with the rest.
    Denver coming off of 10 days, they play Thursday the week before us, that gives Manning (who usually finds a way to beat us even with a dominate D) 10 days to prep.
    Giants
    @ Steelers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grandraven View Post
    Pitt looked horrible early in the year but I knew they would be in the thick of things because even though I despise them they have similar DNA as the ravens. They are winners.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
    And their schedule was one of the easiest in the league, look at the rest of their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I will say this...the Ravens season is somewhat eerily similar to how the Orioles season went for most of the year...they are consistently winning despite almost all the "important stats that are supposed to show how good you are" not being in their favor.

In the end, it doesn't really matter as long as they find ways to win though.
    But then the Orioles got great defense on the left side with Machado and Mclouth. Great SP from Gonzalez, Tillman & others. The Orioles trended upward and reversed the run differential.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    But then the Orioles got great defense on the left side with Machado and Mclouth. Great SP from Gonzalez, Tillman & others. The Orioles trended upward and reversed the run differential.
    That stuff didn't happen until they were significantly into the second half of the season.

Hopefully the Ravens can do the same during their second half.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    How does this team get to 10 wins?
    They don't. Sell your tickets and take hikes on Sundays.

Win tomorrow gets us to 7.

Split with the Steelers = 8

Win @ Washington = 9

Win vs. either Giants or Denver (we aren't losing both of those) = 10

That's what I think.. then you take one more roadie, either San Diego or Cincy.. and I think we'll get to 11.

10. Re: How does this team get to 10 wins?

The key is to not get swept by the Steelers. If that happens, they lose any real hope of taking the division.
    However, looking at the other wild card contenders in the AFC, it looks like 9-7 might be good enough for that 5th or 6th seed. The Colts & Steelers are the only teams that look to be legitimate competition for the wild card.
    I don't see the Dolphins and Chargers making it this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    The key is to not get swept by the Steelers. If that happens, they lose any real hope of taking the division.
    However, looking at the other wild card contenders in the AFC, it looks like 9-7 might be good enough for that 5th or 6th seed. The Colts & Steelers are the only teams that look to be legitimate competition for the wild card.
    I don't see the Dolphins and Chargers making it this year.
    Exactly, if we can split with the Steelers it would have to take a complete collapse not to win the division. We'd be 2 games up AND have the division diebreaker(unless we were to lose to Cinnci and depending on what they do with the Browns), than we still have AFC and Common opponents tiebreakers.

Blog Entries

Split with Steel-City: 7
    Win @ San Diego: 8
    Win today: 9
    Atleast 2 with Broncos, Giants, @ Washington & @ Cincy: 11

Who wins the division then if Steelers-Ravens tie at 11 and they split???