John Eisenberg interview

Over at baltimoresportsandlife.com(now part of the 24x7 network with RSR and ESR), I co-host a show with Mike Weber.

Last night, we were able to interview John eisenberg, from baltimoreravens.com.

John, as you all know, has been around the Ravens to years and he is very well connected.

The biggest takeaway, IMO, from last night were his thoughts on Webb.

Here's the interview...we do a 2 hour show(a lot of Os talk last night)..John's interview was at the 7:20 mark and lasted about 17 min:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/sportst...-with-rob-mike

Blog Entries

Re: John Eisenberg interview

Quote Originally Posted by bslrobshields View Post
    John's interview was at the 7:20 mark and lasted about 17 min:

No it isn't. It starts at the 20:40 mark. (I'm listening to it right now.) You have it wrong here & your website has it listed wrong as well.

ETA: Eisenberg thinks Webbie will be ready to go in the opener but (big shocker) he also expects the team to look for someone "a little more proven" to provide CB depth. More concerned about the D being "pushed around" in the run game than the lack of a pass rush--the middle is holding up OK but the edges are a concern. More likely to try & get Cody healthy & into the rotation than to look for another team's cuts.
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 08-20-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Interesting....we did the interview at 7:20. Not sure why it's different.

Eh, one of you is probably referring to the time lapsed in the recording (20:40 out of 2 hours), while the other is referring to the time (of day) it was during the radio broadcast. The Eisenberg part can indeed be found during the ~20:40-37:00 part. Maybe you should think about changing the way you communicate this on the site, Rob.

Anyway, good listen!

Thanks for posting Rob. I've been hopeful that will be Webb's timeline. And it would be nice to add depth @ CB. I like Webb, Smith and Jackson, but as many on the board have noted, there is legitamate concern about their durability, so a quality backup is a must.

Lack of pass rush and rush defense has been my biggest concern for months, still is. Based off of how they were doing at the end of last year and changes to the roster. Give a lot of QBs in this league a ground game to learn on and a clean pocket to throw out of and it will kill us. Cody on the roster scares me. He doesn't seem to be able to hold his ground and anchor with his huge mass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Featherman View Post
    Eh, one of you is probably referring to the time lapsed in the recording (20:40 out of 2 hours), while the other is referring to the time (of day) it was during the radio broadcast. The Eisenberg part can indeed be found during the ~20:40-37:00 part.
    Quite possible. I slid the audio ribbon to the right until it said 7:20 & got blather, so I kept going until I found Eisenberg introduced at what the ribbon listed as 20:40. As Einstein showed, time is relative....
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

John Eisenberg is very intelligent and one of the few opinions on the Ravens that I always read. ...I always get Colin Cowherd's opinion too, but am working when he is on the air.

It is going to be interesting to heard his take on Webb.

8. Re: John Eisenberg interview

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Featherman View Post
    Eh, one of you is probably referring to the time lapsed in the recording (20:40 out of 2 hours), while the other is referring to the time (of day) it was during the radio broadcast. The Eisenberg part can indeed be found during the ~20:40-37:00 part. Maybe you should think about changing the way you communicate this on the site, Rob.

Anyway, good listen!
    Right, this is correct. The show is Tues, Wed, Thurs 7-9pm (est). (Show actually off tonight.)

Eisenberg came on Tuesday night at 7:20pm.

Last night, Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) joined Rob & Mike. Came on at 8:20pm (80 minute mark):