Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The Giants lost to the Bengals, the 49ers to the Rams, and the Steelers to Oakland and Tennessee...

Point I'm trying to make is that everyone needs a little perspective. I know most of our wins haven't been pretty. But we're still 9-3. Every team has a couple of games where they just collapse.

I know most people think losing to Batch at home is unacceptable, but horrible losses like that aren't uncommon nor are they a total indictment of how good a coach and his staff is.

Everyone needs to breathe.

Re: The Giants lost to the Bengals, the 49ers to the Rams, and the Steelers to Oakland and Tennessee...

Well I never! The unmitigated gall! How dare you come in here with perspective and reasoning!!!!!!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Re: The Giants lost to the Bengals, the 49ers to the Rams, and the Steelers to Oakland and Tennessee...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    Everyone needs to breathe.

Breathe? I haven't been able to do that as Ravens fan for the past 4 -5 years.

The reason (IMO) everyone is ready to throw their hands up and say "ah fuck it", is because the keep it close to the vest, limit mistakes by minimizing risk has caused this team to lose games we shoulda won and won close games that shouldn't be close.

Now I don't pretend to know whats going on behind closed doors, maybe the coaches look at the team and go "these dudes suck, we gotta play this way to have a chance". If that's the case, okay, I disagree. But judging by the same type of game plan and foot off the pedal when were up (if that happens before the 4th quarter with a minute to go) tells me this is the approach no matter what.

Breathe... yeah, maybe when the seasons over.

This should be stickied. If I showed most of the guys the schedule in August and told them we'd be 9-3 after dealing with the eagles, texans, chargers, steelers twice, patriots, cowboys, etc I'm sure most of them would be pleased. Thankfully the Ravens won't see a D as ferocious as the Steelers the rest of the season and the only team in the afc with a better record than the Ravens STILL has to play the patriots on the road and Colts twice. Id much rather have the Ravens problems than the Giants right now. They drop another game or two and they may not get into the playoffs at all. We drop 2 more games and could still win the division.

Following this team is a never-ending roller coaster ride. I readily admit that I expected the Ravens to come out of the 3-game stretch of @PIT, @SD, vs PIT 2-1 and they delivered on my expectation. But once they beat San Diego the positive feelings were so strong that you just felt that grip of destiny like the team wouldn't lose again.

You assumed that the Ravens would be amped up and ready to go, after all, it's Steelers week! A chance to sweep for the second year in a row and possibly lock up the division! Team of destiny, ready to stand tall!!

Then they came out and shit the bed--offense, defense, coaching staff. A pathetic, uninspired effort that left you crestfallen and revitalized every question you ever had about the 2012 Baltimore Ravens.

It would be different, I think, if this team were prone to swoon, then get hot, then swoon again, etc. or if they had a couple flaws that were ever-present that they were able to transcend. It just seems like when it rains, it pours--ALL the flaws come out and they have NO chance to overcome them.

Blog Entries

Also take a look at how many close games there are and how many games go into overtime now. The league has parity like never before, and that's just what they strive for. One play here or there can decide a game and usually does.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Also take a look at how many close games there are and how many games go into overtime now. The league has parity like never before, and that's just what they strive for. One play here or there can decide a game and usually does.
    Yep, I'm sure the Atlanta Falcons board must be extremely entertaining based on all the close games they've had in spite of the weapons on O they have.

Blog Entries

at home, division and playoff berth on the line, you have everything working for you. you got beat by a 38yr old QB, the same issues we have on the road we are now having at home , its the same old song with these Ravens the last 5 yrs we can't get it done when it counts.

iggyman555 Guest

cool story bro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Yep, I'm sure the Atlanta Falcons board must be extremely entertaining based on all the close games they've had in spite of the weapons on O they have.
    Falcons are overrated anyway, they've had the easiest schedule in the league, by far.

If they make it to the Super Bowl it's only because someone else beat the 49ers for them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Falcons are overrated anyway, they've had the easiest schedule in the league, by far.

If they make it to the Super Bowl it's only because someone else beat the 49ers for them.
    Exactly. I was using them as the example for the quoted message to show just as they could be 11-1 they could easily have a much worse record if some of those plays went for whoever they were playing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

This. They will be one and done again this year.