Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jarvis Landry Photo

I certainly hope they wait to draft him. His hands concern me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have issues with Landry too. I think he's going to have make a big adjustment if he's going to get open in the NFL. He can't just bull his way through defenders like he did in college.

Blog Entries

His hands?

Ok.

I would understand if you said his speed or ability to separate...his hands are pretty top notch.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    He probably has the best pure hands in the draft. There are other concerns to his game.

Right now, he'd be a solid 3rd rd pick. Sit behind Steve Smith for a year or two, and contribute where he can. He's actually similar to Steve Smith as a player in a lot of ways.

Blog Entries

Hands arent an issue, not sure where thats coming from. As any prospect does, he has flaws but thats probably his greatest strength.

i like him as our 2nd, maybe if we traded back to early 2nd id be ok with him there as a high. If hes around in the 3rd i see it as a steal. I dont see him as a first rounder and frankly if we want somebody to sit and learn from smith, Cooks is more of a clone. I see Landry as more of a possession WR that uses size, body control. More like Boldin, where hes open even when he isnt. I think hes shown that ability and that will translate to the pros much like it did for jeffery.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    His hands?

Ok.

I would understand if you said his speed or ability to separate...his hands are pretty top notch.
    I admit I don't follow the draft prospects as much as others, but I am not the only one with this concern. CBS has his drops as a concern. Goes along with the few LSU games I watched this year ....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../jarvis-landry

Blog Entries

I admit I don't follow the draft prospects as much as others, but I am not the only one with this concern. CBS has his drops as a concern. Goes along with the few LSU games I watched this year ....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p.../jarvis-landry
    compares to... Eric Decker, with better hands. I think whoever wrote that did a major contradiction. Unless they meant conectration drops as in as much as anybody else would, which isnt implied those two sentences dont go together.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I don't follow it as well as other guys either, but they're comparing him to Crabtree. Good route runner, possession slot type of guy. The best part was his hands according to bleacher report, draft scout and a couple of the other top hits when you google it. I wouldn't mind using our 2nd rounder on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    compares to... Eric Decker, with better hands. I think whoever wrote that did a major contradiction. Unless they meant conectration drops as in as much as anybody else would, which isnt implied those two sentences dont go together.
    Perhaps. I do know what I saw (3 games) and in every game he had at least one drop. Now maybe they were the only three drops of his college career and I just happened to watch it live.

I like Landry.

I've read comparisons to Boldin and Hines Ward...I can get behind a player like that here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    I don't follow it as well as other guys either, but they're comparing him to Crabtree. Good route runner, possession slot type of guy. The best part was his hands according to bleacher report, draft scout and a couple of the other top hits when you google it. I wouldn't mind using our 2nd rounder on him.
    I'd use a 2nd on Matthews, but a 3rd on Landry... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I didn't even see the shirt. My first thought was, "I hope the NCAA doesn't find out it's his Audi."
    My impression is that players arrange loans through their agents that are essentially advances on their signing bonuses.

Recall that Aaron Wilson had a story from about a month ago that Landry had a meeting/workout with the Ravens and John Harbaugh was at that meeting.