Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens sign QB Dennis Dixon to PS

Sure he isnt gonna kill you in the pocket, but Tyrod would be effective in the red zone with his running threat. Don't understand why Cam wouldnt want to use him as a role player from time to time. Isn't there a rule now that the #3 QB can play if the #1 & #2 get hurt in a game, even when the #3 is inactive for a game. Call up Dixon as the #3, and use Tyrod as #2 in 'Slash' like roles. That #53 on our squad (like Harewood) is probably never gonna be active for gameday anyways. Get some use out of Tyrod's skills in a game by having the #53 be Dixon.

(An obviously biased Hokie alum who never thought TT was a true NFL QB but thinks he can make plays with his wheels)

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

shas-
    Competition is what makes this country GREAT!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loco Ravens Fan View Post
    Definitely agree. I would rather have Dixon as the teams's #2 qb. How in the world can the Ravens not see what has been evident during the preseason games... Tyrod Taylor does not have the NFL quarterbacking skills to win games if something happens to Joe Flacco.
    See, this is a one sided argument...

Dennis Dixon didn't have ANY evidence in the preseason to compare to. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY FOR ANY TEAM IN PRESEASON!

Yeah, Tyrod struggled. You have NO idea if Dixon would light it up or not. Apparently 31 other NFL teams didn't care to bring him in for a chance either.

The argument isn't about finding a way to shit on a signing. It's about bringing the same people who were sure Eron Riley was the second coming of Jerry Rice down to earth and make them realize that Tyrod Taylor and Dennis Dixon are, for the most part, interchangeable.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Ravens signing former Steelers QB Dennis Dixon to their practice squad. Tyrod Taylor, their No 2, had shaky preseason though team likes him

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Ravens had Dixon in for offseason workout, chose to sign Curtis Painter instead. Painter, since cut, was with QB coach Caldwell in Indy.
    Seneca Wallace, Josh McCown were available and much better than Dixon....Dixon is no better than Painter and Tyrod is worse than both....Wasted signing.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I have an idea!

Put Tyrod Taylor on the Practice squad and put Dennis Dixon on the 53 man roster. That makes a lot more sense than keeping Taylor as the #2
    I don't think Tyrod can be placed on the PS. He was on the 45 man roster every game last year. If you're on it for more than 9 games over your accrued seasons you can't be placed on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    I don't think Tyrod can be placed on the PS. He was on the 45 man roster every game last year. If you're on it for more than 9 games over your accrued seasons you can't be placed on the PS.
    Absolutely correct. The official rule is: "To be eligible, a player has to have not been on a team's 46-man active game-day roster for more than eight games in any accrued seasons, and cannot have been on a practice squad for more than two years."

Dixon has the physical tools to succeed. The knock on him was always learning the offense and decisionmaking.
    Last edited by DkBlue; 09-03-2012 at 10:32 AM.

8. Re: Ravens sign QB Dennis Dixon to PS

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I'm telling you - someone in the Ravens hierarchy has this masochistic fetish for "Michael Vick" type quarterbacks. Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor, Dennis Dixon, et al. Evidently there is no end in sight. Thank God Joe is nearly indestructible. If we have to rely on either Taylor or Dixon to win a game for us this year our goose is cooked.

Lets just hope that in the next draft they go out an pick themselves a developmental QB to back up Joe.
    This and two words: Matt Moore. You can't tell me that he couldn't be had for a seventh round pick in next year's draft. There's no way his current team continues to carry 4 quarterbacks. With Super Bowl aspirations, we need a QB that can step in and keep his hand on the rudder for 4 games, god forbid Joe goes down. We don't need a "change of pace guy" who runs around and is notoriously inaccurate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    See, this is a one sided argument...

Dennis Dixon didn't have ANY evidence in the preseason to compare to. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T PLAY FOR ANY TEAM IN PRESEASON!
    Yeah, but he's also actually stepped into real live NFL games in the past, and started, and actually won games. That is something Tyrod has not done, I personally don't give two craps about pre season, maybe the 3rd game has a little importance, personell wise.

DeputyDawg Guest

Quote Originally Posted by perryw9202 View Post
    Maybe not, but I would be for it, if we have to go with those 2 bums.
    Should get someone at least able to manage a game if needed.
    These 2 couldn't manage tying a shoe string in my opinion.
    Ozzie must be drunk or something. wow