Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Coverage?

Re: No Coverage?

There is a large contingent of fans here who have already put a W in the win column for the Ravens....please note that the game is still to be played............

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    This is by far and away the least marketable game of the weekend, thus it's going to get the least amount of coverage. Just the way it works
    Why is it that Baltimore games are always the least marketable?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Why is it that Baltimore games are always the least marketable?
    Because of it's market.

Baltimore is a small TV market and not a large presence of fans outside of Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Probably because Houston got beat the last time they were here and that was with their starting QB.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just watched the overnight Sportscenter. No real mention of any NFL game really -- all college and pro hoops mostly.
    Which is why I rarely watch ESPN anymore. Not a hoops fan.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    The Ravens seem to always play better when they are ignored. They will kickoff at 1:00 regardless of the national news, what else does one need?
    This is how I feel about it. Couldn't could less what the talking heads on ESPN, etc., have to say. I don't even watch them. Well, that's largely because I don't have cable/satellite, but still. Talk is cheap, and what spews from the talking heads is as cheap as it gets. And as others have said, the coverage will happen if the Ravens advance.

Blog Entries

Sirius XM NFL Radio has done a nice job talking about this game. The difference is they talk football and aren't concerned with one liners and putting entertainment into sports.

I am not really worried about this. It has as much to do with the Texans as it does with the Ravens. They have a really good team but they lack the personality and controversy that reporters like to talk about during the week. Reporters can always talk about Ray Lewis or get a sound bite out of Suggs. There is no Texan that can provide a sound bite that will get ratings outside of Houston. There is no history between the Texans and the Ravens so there is no rivalry. The game we played was in week 6 and while it was close through 3 quarters, there was no controversy like the Packers-Giants.

The winner of this game will get hyped plenty. On Monday morning I want to see ESPN digging up the footage of Ray Rice scorching the Patriots a few years ago. Or the possibility of Harbaugh Bowl II. Doesn't matter. Win this game and they will start talking about the Ravens.

I love how all the times Screaming A Smith has come on 105.7 to bash Joe he never mentioned that he's a lifelong Steelers fan. Only this week on ESPN has he come clean. But he's just another objective reporter. LOL. I'm sure his Steeler fandom and hatred of Joe are just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    I love how all the times Screaming A Smith has come on 105.7 to bash Joe he never mentioned that he's a lifelong Steelers fan. Only this week on ESPN has he come clean. But he's just another objective reporter. LOL. I'm sure his Steeler fandom and hatred of Joe are just a coincidence.
    No, he's not. And he is not paid to be.

He's on ESPN to give his opinion, not be a journalist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, he's not. And he is not paid to be.

He's on ESPN to give his opinion, not be a journalist.
    Yea, but you can give your opinion based on facts, evidence, and research.

The problem is these guys deal out obviously biased opinions left and right, but they almost always make no sense whatsoever and it seems like they let emotion get involved in it far too much.

Calling Flacco soft? Makes no sense. The guy has taken a beating over the last 3 seasons and played most of an entire season hurt. That's not soft. Hanging in the pocket in Pittsburgh, down in the final seconds of the game and throwing a TD pass to a rookie WR who had dropped the previous game winning TD pass is not soft.

Calling Flacco inconsistent? That makes sense, because this season he has been inconsistent.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sirius XM NFL Radio has done a nice job talking about this game. The difference is they talk football and aren't concerned with one liners and putting entertainment into sports.
    What have they been saying about it?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore