Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Football Gameplan's 2013 NFL Draft Grades - Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I enjoy EmDiggys weekly game break downs during the season even if he comes off slightly antiRavens at times, but I thought he was way off with the Tyran Mathieu to the Ravens mock prediction. But that wasn't the most outlandish player I'd seen mocked to the Ravens.

PS I thought the draft grade was too low. As someone posted above, we got two first round talents in the first round plus a top five DT in this draft in the third.
    Funny thing is Ravens are drafting LAST cause they win SB and get two first round starters and get a B. Even if they drafted 7 punters after that they should get a B.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    You wish my football knowledge was poor. My MOCK DRAFT is and will always be based off what I would do. You can continue to led major media tell you how to think. Its cool with me
    dude nothing against you trying to make a name for yourself and having fun do what you love, that's cool. But your information needs to be good, and it isn't.

I respect EmDiggy for his effort and ambition. It wasn't like he blasted the Ravens draft. Like some posters on here he was critical of not addressing wide receiver. While I understand that view considering Boldin is gone, more knowledgeable fans that follow the team can see there is talent waiting in the wings. I don't know who EmDiggy is biased towards, but I applaud his effort to attempt to be unbiased. Ozzie is the best GM in football. I would think he appreciates the pitfalls of being critical of the draft master.

Blog Entries

He looks like a fat, post haircut torrey smith

If someone could arrange a screengrab comparison, i'd be much obliged

EmDiggy is trying to make a name for himself. Nothing wrong with that. However his football knowledge IS lacking. Every video I have watched of his is recycled talking points from the national media.

I wish him luck and hopes he increases his knowledge base.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Funny part is that I've been here longer than you
    Em, I've pointed this out to you once before. You can't expect the members of this board to take you seriously if all you do is this drive-by style of posting that's nothing more than self promoting.

I give you props for trying to make a name for yourself, but you can't come to our home, make minimal at best contributions, crap on some of our best members and expect anyone to take you seriously.

You get what you give. If people get stupid, then you get that response back...it is what it is.

The only person that has to take you seriously is yourself. Could care less. The funny part is that many of people haven't played, coached nor scouted YET question the football knowledge & intellect of one who has. If you take the hate out of your heart, you'd see the logic and may learn a thing or two.

If people think guessing correctly in a 'mock draft' is a supreme display of football knowledge, then we're worse off as a society than originally thought.

This is a Ravens Message Board where Ravens fans talk Ravens football...dropping by to share Ravens-related content in my mind is adding to the conversation whether you agree or not.

You're missing the point entirely and not winning any fans, Em.

Rule #1 of Holes: When you're in one... stop digging.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Em,

I feel like I've always been pretty straight with you and to my recollection, I don't believe that I have ever bashed you or what you're trying to do (I do get it). I mean, WalterFootball is one of the more popular draft-based websites out there and it took him a while to generate the foot traffic that he does. So, from that angle, I do understand why you post your vids to several different football forums.

WalterFootball also just doesn't seem to have a clue on how GMs draft...not only has he been wrong more times than I can count, his assessments are baseless. For example, he had the Ravens taking a corner in round 2 for months and his reasoning was "The Ravens are in cornerback trouble with Webb coming off an ACL injury". Nevermind the fact that the Ravens still have Corey Graham, Chykie Brown, Jimmy Smith, and Asa Jackson.

However, I think one thing that may help you a bit more is if you actually took the time and responded to feedback, etc. I am a huge proponent of mock drafts. I think they're fun, but I also know that don't know everything. And yes, I did play through college, so I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the game and what to look for when analyzing a player.

The reason why the Tyrann Mathieu pick stirred the pot, so to speak, was because it just didn't make sense for any GM to take him in round 1. He was a tweener (i.e., not fluid enough to be a true corner, but not big enough to be a true safety) and that alone - from a football stance - means it would have been really REALLY difficult for any GM or coach to justify taking him in round 1. And that isn't even taking into account the off-field red flags this guy has. I think Mathieu is genuine when he says that he has turned his life around and wants to do whatever it takes, but let's be honest here, there is a reason why he was drafted in round three, is going to have to succumb to multiple random drug tests, and there is even a distinct possibility that his contract may not include any guaranteed money.

Tyrann Mathieu from a locker room/football/off-field perspective is an entirely risky draft and given the high-bust percentages from the draft, a lot of GMs are not willing to use a 1st round pick on such a high-risk player. Case and point: Da'Rick Rogers. He is infinitely better suited for the NFL when you look at his size/speed combination, upside, and current level of ability. Yet, he went undrafted. Had he not been a dumbass in college, Rogers legitimately would have been a round 1 pick. Had Mathieu not been a dumbass in college, he would have been a 2nd rounder at best.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Em,

I feel like I've always been pretty straight with you and to my recollection, I don't believe that I have ever bashed you or what you're trying to do (I do get it). I mean, WalterFootball is one of the more popular draft-based websites out there and it took him a while to generate the foot traffic that he does. So, from that angle, I do understand why you post your vids to several different football forums.

However, I think one thing that may help you a bit more is if you actually took the time and responded to feedback, etc. I am a huge proponent of mock drafts. I think they're fun, but I also know that don't know everything. And yes, I did play through college, so I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the game and what to look for when analyzing a player.

The reason why the Tyrann Mathieu pick stirred the pot, so to speak, was because it just didn't make sense for any GM to take him in round 1. He was a tweener (i.e., not fluid enough to be a true corner, but not big enough to be a true safety) and that alone - from a football stance - means it would have been really REALLY difficult for any GM or coach to justify taking him in round 1. And that isn't even taking into account the off-field red flags this guy has. I think Mathieu is genuine when he says that he has turned his life around and wants to do whatever it takes, but let's be honest here, there is a reason why he was drafted in round three, is going to have to succumb to multiple random drug tests, and there is even a distinct possibility that his contract may not include any guaranteed money.

Tyrann Mathieu from a locker room/football/off-field perspective is an entirely risky draft and given the high-bust percentages from the draft, a lot of GMs are not willing to use a 1st round pick on such a high-risk player. Case and point: Da'Rick Rogers. He is infinitely better suited for the NFL when you look at his size/speed combination, upside, and current level of ability. Yet, he went undrafted. Had he not been a dumbass in college, Rogers legitimately would have been a round 1 pick. Had Mathieu not been a dumbass in college, he would have been a 2nd rounder at best.
    Fair enough point Wicked!

Mathieu isn't even going to play CB in Arizona.

It just made zero sense to put him there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.