Page 153 of 377 FirstFirst ... 151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 1,825 to 1,836 of 4524
    Blog Entries

Re: 2017 Draft Thread -- because we have an unhealthy obsession

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I havent seen a lot people talking about Jamal Adams but he should be in play at 16, no?

Depending how the team stacks its board at safety, Adams could theoretically be their top S available when were on the clock. Theyve said they like the S as well as the CBs so im not sure they prefer one over the other. GOTA im sure has an insightful opinion on him, honestly i know little than he seems to be a good all around safety from scouts. I also read on his combine profile hes a natural leader, I think it would be good to get some youth in the secondary that has that mentality.

Obviously that would make cutting Webb more likely. Theres also the possibility they try to cut his cap and use him as abackup at both CB and S. Personally as bad as Webb was at CB, hes still been better than some of the garbage weve put out there. maybe the team sees it the same way and alright with a tweener.

that cap number though...
    Jamal Adams is a top 10 player and maybe top 5. I don't see him as a CB in the NFL. Adams is smart in an Ed Reed kind of way. He just sees everything. It's actually similar to what we saw Weddle do last year only Adams is more physical. I don't even bring him up because I see no possible way for Adams to be close to #16. Fournette has a better chance of falling because of his position than Adams does.

If you want a LSU CB then the kid to look at is Tre'Davious White who could be there where we pick in round 2. White is a really good man to man cover guy who is a little light but one of those Corners who always seems to get a hand in to make the play. He's a great special teams player too. White would definitely be the punt returner and play defense. He could sneak into the bottom of the 1st round but that's the kind of player I'd trade up in round 2 to get.

LSU has an incredible recent history when it comes to secondary players. Only Morris Clayborne busted, like I said he would before that draft. Look at the success;

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid
    Ron Brooks was pretty good for the Bills

That's a good amount of talent for NFL secondaries. Adams is going to be right there with the top guys. White has a shot at it. He could be awesome lining up in the slot and I could see that being a real specialty. White we at least have a chance to get but it would take some huge surprise negative medical condition for Adams to drop to 16

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jamal Adams is a top 10 player and maybe top 5. I don't see him as a CB in the NFL. Adams is smart in an Ed Reed kind of way. He just sees everything. It's actually similar to what we saw Weddle do last year only Adams is more physical. I don't even bring him up because I see no possible way for Adams to be close to #16. Fournette has a better chance of falling because of his position than Adams does.

If you want a LSU CB then the kid to look at is Tre'Davious White who could be there where we pick in round 2. White is a really good man to man cover guy who is a little light but one of those Corners who always seems to get a hand in to make the play. He's a great special teams player too. White would definitely be the punt returner and play defense. He could sneak into the bottom of the 1st round but that's the kind of player I'd trade up in round 2 to get.

LSU has an incredible recent history when it comes to secondary players. Only Morris Clayborne busted, like I said he would before that draft. Look at the success;

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid

That's a good amount of talent for NFL secondaries. Adams is going to be right there with the top guys. White has a shot at it. He could be awesome lining up in the slot and I could see that being a real specialty. White we at least have a chance to get but it would take some huge surprise negative medical condition for Adams to drop to 16
    Tbf didn't Claiborne really step up this year?

Blog Entries

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid

Thanks for the insight. It appears i was out of the loop and thought he was more in that 10-15 range than 5-10 range. I saw he said that he felt he should be the first pick, but i thought it was a story only because it wasnt really possible. my mistake.

I wasnt trying to imply Adams was a corner, only if the team would value top S over 2nd or 3rd CB on their board. My guess, theyd take the S at that point. Now hearing that hes likely a top 10 not top 15, that seems even more set in stone. That said, your option in the 2nd sounds like a quality addition as well.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid

And even Claiborne rebounded a bit in the last two seasons.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid

And even Claiborne rebounded a bit in the last two seasons.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I havent seen a lot people talking about Jamal Adams but he should be in play at 16, no?

Depending how the team stacks its board at safety, Adams could theoretically be their top S available when were on the clock. Theyve said they like the S as well as the CBs so im not sure they prefer one over the other. GOTA im sure has an insightful opinion on him, honestly i know little than he seems to be a good all around safety from scouts. I also read on his combine profile hes a natural leader, I think it would be good to get some youth in the secondary that has that mentality.

Obviously that would make cutting Webb more likely. Theres also the possibility they try to cut his cap and use him as abackup at both CB and S. Personally as bad as Webb was at CB, hes still been better than some of the garbage weve put out there. maybe the team sees it the same way and alright with a tweener.

Heck yeah. He's the guy I want at 16. But most think he will be off the board before we pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This franchise is circling the toilet bowl of mediocrity waiting to be flushed.

Patrick Peterson
    Tyrann Mathieu
    Jalen Mills
    Jalen Collins
    Eric Reid
    Thats a shocking amount of talent

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Anyone else feel like there's a lack of slot WR's in this draft?
    As in small, quick cats? Or something else?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Don't even think he will make it out if the top 5. Jax will pick him I think

I'm holding on to whatever sliver of hope there is regarding Adams making it to #16.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    As in small, quick cats? Or something else?
    I'm more interested in a Q type guy. So I guess I shouldnt say "Slot receiver", but I see Wallace and Perriman as the outside guys. I'd like a guy to play the Smith role. The guy who is sure handed, tough, etc. That being said if it's a short shifty guy (ala Ryan Switzer) I would be good with that. Imagine the speed in that offense...wuh
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'm holding on to whatever sliver of hope there is regarding Adams making it to #16.

#4 on my Big Board.
    Highly productive out of the gate.
    10+ year pro easily.

We won't sniff him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver