Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Rice

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Rice

Rice did make some questionable decisions on runs last night, which is unusual for him. That 2nd and 7 play was a big one, can't figure it out.

Can't really say any more than has been said though. Birk getting dominated like he was throws everything off, and when Birk wasn't getting dominated, you had poor blocking schemes (or great defensive gameplanning by the Steelers) that led to matchups like Dickson trying to block Woodley, which is like having nobody block Woodley...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I said on another tread that i would have liked to have seen if pierce could have been more effective. I think certain matchups dont necessarily fit Rice well, that a big power back would. This being one of those. However that doesnt mean i think hes overrated and sucked to the point he didnt need any touches. Pierce did have 20% of the yards Rice did in 10% of the carries but if he carried 20 times and rice 2 it may have been similar. I just would have liked to see him get a few more to determine if he was more effective or not. It would have been worth seeing if he could wear them down a little more for Rice later in the game. Im just glad we didnt get away from the run game all together.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Casey Hampton was making Matt Birk his bitch last night.

They were trying to run outside zone to make the Center-Nose Tackle less of a factor but he still couldn't hold up enough.

I'm more apt to understand Joe's low YPA in this game solely due to the fact that we had zero threat to run the ball. Absolutely none. Our offense works best when we can run the ball at least a little bit.
    Ain't that the truth. Birk was completely demolished over and over again by Hampton. I haven't seen Hampton play that well in years. He was dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This and did you also notice how poorly our TE's were attempting to block their LB's?
    Yes on the 3rd and 2 when we tried to run the ball Dickson got shoved back into Rice before he could hit the LOS.

Yes the Steelers have a good defense, but they've been giving up 3.8 YPC. Ray Rice essentially had half that. I wouldn't trade Rice for any other back but he just disappears in every Steelers game. Would have liked to see some Pierce action.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    I wouldn't trade Rice for any other back but he just disappears in every Steelers game.
    Um... Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality instead of subjective perception
    When the Ravens swept the Steelers last season, Ravens running back Ray Rice totaled 235 yards from scrimmage and scored three touchdowns, becoming the first player in 11 years to reach those marks against the Steelers in the same season.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Rice makes plays in the passing game to. But last night the running room just was not there for him. The Steelers teed off on him. Clearly they took the stop Rice approach. It's just a damn shame we couldn't make them pay for it. Any other team would have had a field day with the Steelers keying in on two players. No other offense in the NFL stalls like ours when a RB and Wr are taken away.

Ray seems to me like he gets too cute sometimes, instead of just following his blocks. I think Coach (and Leach) took him to task about that last year during the 49er game.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    Yes the Steelers have a good defense, but they've been giving up 3.8 YPC. Ray Rice essentially had half that. I wouldn't trade Rice for any other back but he just disappears in every Steelers game. Would have liked to see some Pierce action.
    Where are the numbers to support your claim?

We played the best run defense we'll probably see all year. And when we are on the road we are always offensively challenged. I'm confident the results will be different when we are at home in two weeks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr OC View Post
    Ray seems to me like he gets too cute sometimes, instead of just following his blocks. I think Coach (and Leach) took him to task about that last year during the 49er game.
    There weren't too many blocks to follow. There was no push anywhere and that includes from Leach. If you're o-line can't execute then it doesn't matter how good your RB or FB are. They need a least a little daylight and there wasn't any.

Well when the playcall is up the middle against Casey Hampton... That maybe part of the problem. It is almost like CAM does it on purpose!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN