Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I was more specifically speaking Gen3 vs Gen 4?

My 19 is looser after 1000 rounds then the new in case gun.
    Both.

Keep in mind what you may be feeling is metal wear, not a loose spring. A spring should not loosen to the point where it's noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Both.

Keep in mind what you may be feeling is metal wear, not a loose spring. A spring should not loosen to the point where it's noticeable.
    so you are basically saying reduced friction?

entrely possible.

They also only had the sub-compact 40 Cal, which could have a heavier spring... compared to my 9 MM.

They also only had the sub-compact 40 Cal, which could have a heavier spring... compared to my 9 MM.
    Larger round = Larger slide = Larger, more taught spring

Is CheaperthanDirt still the best place for ammo? Looking at their site, almsot everything is out of stock, and even 500 rounds at a time, $.25 per round is about as cheap as it gets for 9mm Luger. Brownells has 500 packs with Ammo Cans for pretty much the same $.25 per. But my problem with all of that, is that I only spend I think 13 per 50 at the range, so I'm failing to see the point in stocking up ahead of time.... except for times like these when it's almost impossible to find them.

Hints, tips... I know you buy in bulk HR.

Is CheaperthanDirt still the best place for ammo? Looking at their site, almsot everything is out of stock, and even 500 rounds at a time, $.25 per round is about as cheap as it gets for 9mm Luger. Brownells has 500 packs with Ammo Cans for pretty much the same $.25 per. But my problem with all of that, is that I only spend I think 13 per 50 at the range, so I'm failing to see the point in stocking up ahead of time.... except for times like these when it's almost impossible to find them.

Hints, tips... I know you buy in bulk HR.
    Sorry, just now seeing this.

CTD or Brownells are great places. I favor Brownells now after two shipments of 9mm ammo came up lost the last time I used CTD. I buy in bulk simply out of convenience and not too interested in the price per round unless it's outrageous.

I'd wait to buy till this panic goes down. I don't think there's going to be any ammo ban so just ride it out for a few more months and start to order again.

thanks, pretty much what i had gathered.

Blog Entries

If I was able to sell my house right now (Stupid market) I'd seriously consider moving to Texas.

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/main...ticle=10700507

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If I was able to sell my house right now (Stupid market) I'd seriously consider moving to Texas.

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/main...ticle=10700507
    It's a good thought, but it wont stand up in court, if it ever gets to court.

Suppose the AG has a federal agent arrested. There's still the Supremacy Clause to deal with.

Any edict Obama imposes is going to get overturned by a federal court. I doubt it will even get all the way to SCOTUS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's a good thought, but it wont stand up in court, if it ever gets to court.

Suppose the AG has a federal agent arrested. There's still the Supremacy Clause to deal with.
    Yeah, not a fan of that one, what ever happened to sovereign states?

Any edict Obama imposes is going to get overturned by a federal court. I doubt it will even get all the way to SCOTUS.
    You know, I agree, at the same time, with all the BS that has happened lately, I wouldn't be shocked if it (anything he did) was upheld...

Blog Entries

60,000 expected to show up at Vegas Gun Show. Check out pic.

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2013/01...egas-gun-show/

Blog Entries

So I went by the Gun store yesterday and wanted to pick up a new Glock. They obviously were in short supply, but they did have a new G22 gen3.

My question for those who have or have shot a gen3 and gen4, is there that much of a difference between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So I went by the Gun store yesterday and wanted to pick up a new Glock. They obviously were in short supply, but they did have a new G22 gen3.

My question for those who have or have shot a gen3 and gen4, is there that much of a difference between the two?
    I think you'll find the modular grip / backstraps to be helpful. You'll appreciate being able to change the grip size. The larger mag well is nice but you'll only notice that if you you're doing some sort of competition type shooting or a live fire exercise, requiring you to change mags on the fly. The mag release is larger and ambidextrous.

The spring is the main feature for me. Takes away lots of wear and tear on the frame and the action is noticeably smoother.