Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Can Ray 'will' This Team To Victory

If Ray could will the win in 2001, he can will this team to win in 2009. I am not saying the teams are in any way the same. In fact, they are not similar in many ways. However, in the Final Four, it is about leadership and experience. Personally, I would take our leadership and veterans over any other teams' left in the Final Four. Willing a team to win is not simply about 60 minutes- it is about the over-all, long term impact of being around solid leaders for an entire season or more- that over-all impact will work its way into Sunday's game. I can't see how Ray (& Ed) will allow one team to prevent them from the ultimate experience- regardless of who that team may be.

Sunday is about a legacy- it is about cementing his name in the record books as the GOAT- I can't fathom how anyone is going to stop him. The opportunity that awaits Sunday is something Ray probably never thought would be possible again- and here it is- and, with it comes the ability to remove doubt (from those who still even debate the topic) from the argument about who the most dominating MLB ever is. I don't know many things but I do know if Ray Lewis is this close to the above situation, based on his track record, I am confident he will not let this slip away.

Bring on the Steelers!

One other thing - we are pretty much all that stands in the way of shitsburgh from being the 6 ring team.
    That is unacceptable.
    that must be stopped.

Ray and Stover need another ring.
    It is that time for Rocky to come back and beat Drago at the finale rematch.
    It is time for Rex to figure out Arians' pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.

Lets go kick some stooler arse!
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!

Its not the Leadership of Ray Lewis at this time that is needed to win this game.

The offense is going to have to lead this week. Joe Flacco is going to have to be the one to will the Ravens this week.

The defense is tired, and we saw it. 18 games in a row, I don't care who you are, that has to wear you out, especially since we are playing a team that pretty much glided through their last game after a bye week.

The offense MUST put up clock-eating drives, which they haven't done in weeks. They must also put up more than 13 points.

That's who has to will this game to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Can someone get me a bucket to puke in? The Ravens will win because they are a better team than Pittsburgh. OJ has had the disease for a while. It's repulsive to see people use it as some sort of rallying cry for a win.
    It is so sad that you choose to see what you read here in a negative light. The team has felt that Mr. Brigance has been an inspiration to them because of his faith and positive attitude in light of his circumstance. I have been watching this team and listening carefully to what they are saying. Did you see that Ray Lewis video after Saturday night's game? It wasn't even about winning. He thanked God and said that the only thing that mattered was having his teamates around him. As crazy as it seems, I don't think this team is focused on winning. I think they are focused on excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Its not the Leadership of Ray Lewis at this time that is needed to win this game.
    I have to actually respectfully disagree with this. I really think the outcome of this game is going to come down to whose will is the strongest - Ray's Will, or Big Ben's. Both are leaders, and both are winners! However, if I was going to choose one guy to go into battle with, it would have to be Ray! This is probably Ray's last best shot at getting a SB ring, and I believe Ray's Will will prevail!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

6. Re: Can Ray 'will' This Team To Victory

[QUOTE=ebs40476;123989]Now if Ray said "I"m gonna kill somebody" ,

Been there, done that.

Here is a quote from an article about Brendan Ayanbadejo. The article is about the Bear's, from a Chi. paper, but Brendan is comparing the differences between the two teams.

Maybe we were a bit too cool in Chicago. Or we just didn't give it our hearts and soul. Whereas here, with [middle linebacker] Ray Lewis being that emotional leader and as spiritual as he is, it takes us over the top with that emotional advantage we have over every other team on Sundays.''
    Ray is an advantage we have over every other team.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/footb...arol13.article

Quote Originally Posted by RavinDonnie View Post
    Can someone get me a bucket to puke in? The Ravens will win because they are a better team than Pittsburgh. OJ has had the disease for a while. It's repulsive to see people use it as some sort of rallying cry for a win.
    I know what you mean about O.J Briggance. I heard a guy on a radio show this morning call in and ask if the Orioles could come over and rub his belly. He's not some sort of stuffed doll good luck charm. He's a courageous guy fighting a deadly and very debilitating disease.

As far as Ray "willing" us to win. It's a nice thought. Positive energy does help. I think it helps the players focus and get psyched, but it only will take us as far as it will take us. We still have to execute on the field.

I'm more in the Johnny U. school of thought on this. As he used to say, "talk's cheap, let's play."

[QUOTE=ravens4ever;124119]
    Quote Originally Posted by ebs40476 View Post
    Now if Ray said "I"m gonna kill somebody" ,

Been there, done that.
    Moderators, why hasn't this dipshit been put out its misery yet?

For fuck's sake, not one decent football take has spewed from ravens4ever's cock-holster since the day he arrived here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    As far as Ray "willing" us to win. It's a nice thought. Positive energy does help. I think it helps the players focus and get psyched, but it only will take us as far as it will take us. We still have to execute on the field.

I'm more in the Johnny U. school of thought on this. As he used to say, "talk's cheap, let's play."
    One's will enables one to do and accomplish things that he might not, otherwise, be able to do. Ray instills such an attitude, one that will be extremely critical in order to get by the Stillers this weekend. Ray versus Big Ben - Ali versus Frazier. The team that wants it the most will advance; the loser will go home and watch the SB from the comfort and security of his lounge chair.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    One's will enables one to do and accomplish things that he might not, otherwise, be able to do. Ray instills such an attitude, one that will be extremely critical in order to get by the Stillers this weekend. Ray versus Big Ben - Ali versus Frazier. The team that wants it the most will advance; the loser will go home and watch the SB from the comfort and security of his lounge chair.
    I'm not saying it's unimportant mind you. Just that it will only go so far. If Ray could "will" us to win then why didn't he do it every year?

I don't think the team that wants it the most wins. I think it's the team that executes best. In order to execute you need good players and coaches and a good game plan. AFTER all that, the will to win factors in. I could want to win that game more than any other Raven but if I lugged my 54 year old body out on the field they'd pulverize me. :) Although that doesn't stop me from having fantasies of playing pro football. LOL.

[QUOTE=RAVENOUS52;124145]
    Quote Originally Posted by ravens4ever View Post

Moderators, why hasn't this dipshit been put out its misery yet?

For fuck's sake, not one decent football take has spewed from ravens4ever's cock-holster since the day he arrived here!
    I have to agree. The post you referred to borders on libel/slander.