Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Perfect example.

Complete hyperbole.

Getting shit on?

The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

A little criticism and boom.

Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

PP
    Whatever. Reason people have to run to his defense is because someone is calling him overrated or not good. Sorry, but I listen to enough radio to know I'm right here.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: My Flacco Theory

I think Flacco is a very good quarterback. The criticisms of him typically don't seem to take into account there are 10 other Ravens players on the field each offensive play- not to mention the 11 on the other side of the ball paid to disrupt the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

I could easily see Joe walking because I don't think he likes Cam's offense and play calling
    and I think some teams like the Jets or Eagles will offer alot more money for him then we will .
    The upcoming NFL draft is looking weak on QB's unlike this year's bumper crop so there
    could be alot of bidders for his services.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypowder View Post
    I could easily see Joe walking because I don't think he likes Cam's offense and play calling
    and I think some teams like the Jets or Eagles will offer alot more money for him then we will .
    The upcoming NFL draft is looking weak on QB's unlike this year's bumper crop so there
    could be alot of bidders for his services.
    But if he's being allowed to lobby for or call his own plays now, such as the 3rd and 2 call against the Steelers, then I don't think the Cam issue is there anymore.

I bet right now there are 9 teams easily who would love to have Flacco over their QB without even blinking an eye. The Eagles, Browns, Chiefs, Cardinals, Jaguars, Titans, Bills, 49ers, and Raiders would love to have Joe Flacco right now if he was available.

And if anyone here would rather have Michael Vick, whoever QB's the Browns (over multiple years), Matt Cassel, or Carson Palmer over Joe Flacco right now, than I have nothing for you. Right now the only QB's I would absolutely take over Flacco would be the obvious choices; Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and maybe Drew Brees.

LOL @ anyone thinking Joe is going to walk. He doesn't care what a few half-retarded fans say. He knows the organization is top notch, and they aren't going to just let him walk anyway :)

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Good grief. If I'm Joe Flacco I'd say fuck this and let another team with a shitty QB sign me where the fan base actually appreciates me.

It still amazes me after all the crap quarterbacks that this city has had to endure that we have a winner and he gets shit on like this.

You would think if any fan base would appreciate a good QB it would be this one. Do people really want to go back to suffering years of Eric Zeier, Jim Harbaugh, Tony Banks, Stoney Case, Scott Mitchell, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, Randall Cunningham, Jeff Blake, Chris Redman, Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, Steve McNair and Troy Smith.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Perfect example.

Complete hyperbole.

Getting shit on?

The guy gets praised beyond belief on this board.

A little criticism and boom.

Do you really think the majority of the fan base doesn't appreciate him? Sure, there are some who are whacked out and say "he sucks" or whatever. Maybe that's just who people here.

Me? I see and hear FAR more people who love the guy.

PP

Thank you. I have never once blindly claimed that joe flacco "sucks" or demand he be benched or anything of that nature. Just pointing out the facts. He's an average QB in a league where nearly every team has a guy who can get the job done, thanks to Goodell's NFL pushing the offensive envelope far beyond where it needs to go (look no further than the Reed suspension and fine).

Guys like Flacco ten (even five) years ago were hard to come by. Now you are getting comparble production from pretty much anyone not named Matt Cassell or Blaine Gabbert. That may be hyperbole, but it isn't drastic hyperbole. Are the Ravens a significantly worse team this year with guys like Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, Russell Wilson, Matt Schaub, or Andy Dalton at QB? No. That's where the issue arises. A few years ago it was hard to find a good QB. Now everyone seems to be getting at least serviceable production from the position. And at what point does the premium you have to pay become not worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's pointless, almost all of his posts here are about how Flacco is just average etc... It's as if he just wants to be proven right about it, as if he wants Flacco to fail so he can tell us he told us so. Guarantee he won't post for a while the next big game Flacco has, or he'll just pull some meaningless stats that nobody really cares about to try and suggest that his good performance was only because said team are terrible.

After 5 years I have been proven right about it. It isn't something I hope for. It's not like I don't want to have a top QB, as it goes, of which, by the way, there are only a few.

Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, maybe RG3 and Roethlisberger probably. That's really the list of dominant QBs. The bottom of the pile would be Cassell, Gabbert, whoever the Cardinals QB is in a given week, Sanchez, and maybe Tannehill and Weeden but certainly the jury is out on them. For all the QBs in between, pretty much go ahead and put them in a hat and pull one out. You'll get quality production from any of them if you give them good receivers, a good running game, and a good OL (which seems to be the criteria the Flacco-coddlers demand for him).

That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    After 5 years I have been proven right about it. It isn't something I hope for. It's not like I don't want to have a top QB, as it goes, of which, by the way, there are only a few.

Brady, Brees, P Manning, Rodgers, maybe RG3 and Roethlisberger probably. That's really the list of dominant QBs. The bottom of the pile would be Cassell, Gabbert, whoever the Cardinals QB is in a given week, Sanchez, and maybe Tannehill and Weeden but certainly the jury is out on them. For all the QBs in between, pretty much go ahead and put them in a hat and pull one out. You'll get quality production from any of them if you give them good receivers, a good running game, and a good OL (which seems to be the criteria the Flacco-coddlers demand for him).

That's my point.
    You just lost crediblity with me by listing RG3 as a top QB.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Flacco's struggles have come on the road. I think it is more of a product of a young offense and the growing pains that come along with that along with a below avg offensive line. Give it another year or two and i'll bet we have when of the better and more consistent units in the league. Joe is fine, his best is yet to come.

My theory on Joe is that he has an inconsistent OC. Cam is inconsistent in his play calling and schemes. The entire offense is inconsistent. Rice is inconsistent. Maybe not to the extent that Joe is but that is only because the Ravens offensive philosophy has been conservative due to a great defense. Rice will go long stretches of getting little to no gain on runs just like Joe will go through rough patches. Cam just does not have a feel for play calling and becomes predictable. Rice is not nearly as productive as he could be with a good OC. There is no reason why the offense should not be like it was early in the year where Rice was ultra productive as well as Flacco. It is not all or nothing. Why on the road does the play calling go conservative? On the road it is like the middle of the field does not exist. It becomes run heavy as well relying on outs and dump offs. I just don't get it. The Ravens would rather win a war of attrition vs taking it to the opponent on offense. If I am Joe I don't sign a contract and make the Ravens franchise me. The only way I sign a long term contract is with a change at OC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    My theory on Joe is that he has an inconsistent OC. Cam is inconsistent in his play calling and schemes. The entire offense is inconsistent. Rice is inconsistent. Maybe not to the extent that Joe is but that is only because the Ravens offensive philosophy has been conservative due to a great defense. Rice will go long stretches of getting little to no gain on runs just like Joe will go through rough patches. Cam just does not have a feel for play calling and becomes predictable. Rice is not nearly as productive as he could be with a good OC. There is no reason why the offense should not be like it was early in the year where Rice was ultra productive as well as Flacco. It is not all or nothing. Why on the road does the play calling go conservative? On the road it is like the middle of the field does not exist. It becomes run heavy as well relying on outs and dump offs. I just don't get it. The Ravens would rather win a war of attrition vs taking it to the opponent on offense. If I am Joe I don't sign a contract and make the Ravens franchise me. The only way I sign a long term contract is with a change at OC.
    :word