Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...Willis-McGahee

"Unable to perform duties to the abilities of other runningbacks"

Which is true but Ouch! Harsh

Although I have a hard time believing he doesn't realize that his contract was also a major reason.

Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

Yikes, they gave him a letter when he was cut with that message

Bit classless if true.
    Maybe classless is the wrong word, it hurts anyway

And he was compared to the other running backs. He doesn't say running backs around the league, just the running backs
    Rice ok but not up to the level of McClain and Parmele? Realy?

I wonder if Kevin Byrne or someone in the team will reply on this

He was cut, why not send him away on a good note and wish him well

Blog Entries

Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.

That's hard to believe. But I can't imagine Willis would just make that up. Wow. Not good if true.

btw... Willis has some white teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Well, first all, my internet connection's shit so I didn't watch the video, but I think the Ravens were wrong if they thought R Williams was an upgrade over Willis. Now, obviously, Williams was more cost effective so I think therein lies the reason for their decision, but based solely on ability, it's hard not to say we'd be better w Willis over Ricky.
    Williams wasn't on the roster at the time so that left Ray Rice who is probably who the team is referring to as "other runningbacks"

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Yikes, they gave him a letter when he was cut with that message

Bit classless if true.
    Maybe classless is the wrong word, it hurts anyway

And he was compared to the other running backs. He doesn't say running backs around the league, just the running backs
    Rice ok but not up to the level of McClain and Parmele? Realy?

I wonder if Kevin Byrne or someone in the team will reply on this

He was cut, why not send him away on a good note and wish him well
    The Ravens need to address that right away. That is just bad for future FA and UFA's
    If true... but why would Willis lie. And who was DUMB enough to send any letter saying that Sheet!!!!!
    2 words CAP casualty!!!

Blog Entries

didn't watch the video but everyone on this board knew for months that he wouldn't be back. His contract was prohibitive

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't know for sure, but it is possible that when you cut somebody under contract you have to give a reason and this is standard language for "we are cutting you." Ricky Williams is not better than Willis, but he does a great job as a back up and is over a million dollars cheaper than Willis.

Willis being released had more to do with the Ravens salary cap and the fact that Rice is the man than anything to do with Willis' abilities.

I'm at work and can't watch the video, and I'd be curious to hear someone with a little behind the scenes knowledge, but on the face of it, this strikes me as a procedural thing. As in, we have to officially notify you in writing that you're being cut, and we have to have an official reason other than salary being too high. Seems to me Willis is just using this as a motivational exercise. Personally I don't think the Ravens did him wrong or owed him anything more than that, he didn't perform up to the cost of the picks spent to acquire him, nor the contract he had while he was here. Tempest in a teapot if you ask me.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

10. Re: What The Ravens Tolds McGahee

Classless. if True.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Harbaugh told at some point this season early on, which at that time seemed a bit strange.. that McGahee was the one they wanted back if it was possible, not the more popular Heap, Gregg and Mason. The CAP did not make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    That's hard to believe. But I can't imagine Willis would just make that up. Wow. Not good if true.

btw... Willis has some white teeth.
    Ravens paid him bagfuls of money to be a backup runningback. He could afford cosmetic dental work.

He earned $3.6million in 2010, while Rice earned $600k. I don't why he's talking smack about the Ravens organization. The coaching staff lengthened his career by splitting his carries with younger players. Plux, the club paid him like a starter even though he wasn't.

Have a nice time in NE, buddy. I hope your team wins, so the Ravens get another home playoff game after they dispose of the Texans.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.