Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thursday Injury Report Status: Ravens @ Texans

RAVENS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: T Ramon Harewood (head); LIMITED PARTICIPATION: DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (knee); T Bryant McKinnie (thigh);DT Haloti Ngata (knee); CB Jimmy Smith (abs)

TEXANS

DID NOT PARTICIPATE: CB Johnathan Joseph (groin); LIMITED PARTICIPATION: NT Shaun Cody (back); S Quintin Demps (thumb/forearm); DE David Hunter (toe);OLB Jesse Nading (foot/neck); RB Ben Tate (toe); FULL PARTICIPATION: OLB Bryan Braman (knee); G Antoine Caldwell (concussion); ILB Bradie James (calf); WR Lestar Jean (knee); C Ben Jones (knee); S Shiloh Keo; (neck/back/thumb); C Chris Myers (hip); G Wade Smith (knee)

No Ed Reed
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Thursday Injury Report Status: Ravens @ Texans

Am I missing something??? Shouldn't Suggs be listed, like limited participation or something, too? Just saying...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Am I missing something??? Shouldn't Suggs be listed, like limited participation or something, too? Just saying...
    Thinking the same thing.

Unless he wasn't limited....

Blog Entries

Still think Haloti is going to suit up.

Blog Entries

Suggs didn't appear on the injury report because he is not (yet) on the 53-man roster,

I think the problem here is with terminology. Suggs was not "activated off the PUP list" as one article I saw stated. Horrifically bad choice of words by someone who probably doesn't fully understand the situation himself. (He's still on the PUP list at the team website, but that may only be because there's no other category he fits at the moment.)

Right now Sizzle is in this 3-week window/limbo during which he can practice with the team & can be (but does not have to be) added to the 53-man roster. At the end of those 3 weeks they must add him to the 53-man or he returns to the PUP list for the rest of the year (effectively going on IR).

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Suggs didn't appear on the injury report because he is not (yet) on the 53-man roster,

I think the problem here is with terminology. Suggs was not "activated off the PUP list" as one article I saw stated. Horrifically bad choice of words by someone who probably doesn't fully understand the situation himself. (He's still on the PUP list at the team website, but that may only be because there's no other category he fits at the moment.)

Right now Sizzle is in this 3-week window/limbo during which he can practice with the team & can be (but does not have to be) added to the 53-man roster. At the end of those 3 weeks they must add him to the 53-man or he returns to the PUP list for the rest of the year (effectively going on IR).

What sense does that make though? Why only have 52 players when you can have 53? Since Sunday, the Ravens IRed two players (one on reversable) and only activated one player to their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    What sense does that make though? Why only have 52 players when you can have 53? Since Sunday, the Ravens IRed two players (one on reversable) and only activated one player to their roster.
    Maybe keeping the texans on their toes?

Who knows, they could activate Adrian Hamilton or Nigel Carr(highly doubt it though) at the last minute, depending on the suggs outcome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I have a better question: What the hell gave you the impression that I thought it made sense? All I did was offer a possible explanation as to why #55 didn't appear in Tony's injury report even though other accounts had him limited to tossing a football around.

As for having "only 52 players," keep in mind they can only dress 45. Probably they've already decided on the gameday actives. Who knows, they might figure that it's a better use of the slot keeping the Texans guessing about whether they'll put Suggs on the roster & activate him just before kickoff.

Blog Entries

Are you sure Suggs isn't on the active roster right now? Because at least there is at least a little speculation that he can play on Sunday, so surely he is on the roster, and if that's the case it still doesn't explain Suggs not being on the injury list.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Are you sure Suggs isn't on the active roster right now? Because at least there is at least a little speculation that he can play on Sunday, so surely he is on the roster, and if that's the case it still doesn't explain Suggs not being on the injury list.
    If I understand it correctly, he is not active, but will have to be so by Saturday in order to be eligible to play on Sunday.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

I thought they brought Rainey and Bynes up from PS, to take slots vacated by Lewis and Webb? Entirely possible I misread...