Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: I think I'm getting burned out...

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    You know, I'm honestly surprised that we are 9-3 right now. This defense has worried me from day 1. They have played better lately, but they showed their true colors in the 2nd half today. There is no way this team is gonna go on the road in the playoffs and win. If they don't get at least one home game they will be one an done. The offense has been inconsistent all year long. Flashes of greatness, then flashes of ugly. So I've not built up any expectations that this team will win a SB this year, therefore I don't get to pissed when they lose. As much as I hate the steelers, I respect that they are a better team then we are right now.
    Agree 100%.. this team is what it is..

I've been a season ticket holder since Day 1. Been through all the ups and downs, and walked out of the stadium tonight not surprised at all.

This team just isn't that exciting.. and it's not a SB contender. I'll keep rooting til the last snap of the season by nothing at all will surprise me between now and the end of Week 17.

Blog Entries

What do you expect? Harbaugh comes from the Andy Reid tree of never winning anything besides some playoff berths. And Cam has never won a thing Throw in Pees who has a ring ONLY because of Brady and what do you get? A bunch of mediocre clowns who shouldn't even be coaching college ball.

This thread pretty accurately mirrors my feelings.

I do not demand a chapionship every year. I have followed the Cleveland Indians for over half a century (yes, over 50 years) and the Philadelphia 76ers as long as I can remember, so I'm certainly not a fair weather, bandwagon fan.

Something is wrong with this team. As a contrarian, I look beyond the people's choice villain (Cam). I wonder about the FO. I love Ray Rice, but he is far less effective running between the Ts (between OUR T's, anyway). I wonder why we don't have a Dwyer or a Redmon -- a big, tough short yardage back. (Or why we don't use Leach in that role). I wonder why the FO STILL has done virtually NOTHING to prepare for life after Ray Lewis. Why are we trying to fill in for Ray with UDFAs. I'm very unhappy that we have no depth at C or G, or T.

Yes, I'd like to see a new OC. And a new DC. And a new OL coach. But I'll keep rooting.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    This
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by darthpemo View Post
    This
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by SimiValleyFan View Post
    Ditto.
    Could not agree more. I used to jump up and down yell at the TV. But this year
    Im deviod of emotion. Burnt out? Absolutely

I feel pretty burned out too. A loss like this can suck the life out of you.

I long now for the offseason....tbis BS week in and week out is just too much to take! But, I am sure Harbs will tell the team how proud he is of the way they competed tonight ....more BS - the D should be ashamed of themselves! Oh, btw, don't forget to get your playoff checks in the mail!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Every season has its ups and downs. Every season is stressful if you love your team.

Every time I think I am burnt out though, I just think back to the days when this town had no team and I quickly remember why I love this game and team.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I agree with this whole thread. I'm not even that upset right now. Just like, "Blah, I'm not surprised."

What a misuse of talent and opportunity. This team, with its current players and coaches, is UNDERWHELMING. I think that's the word.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Man this loss blows. Hard.

But wow you all sound like a bunch of pussies.
    We got the 4 skins next week and then a huge game at home vs Denver. They know they backed themselves into a corner. And they know its time to Annie up. No guarantees in this league fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Man this loss blows. Hard.

But wow you all sound like a bunch of pussies.
    We got the 4 skins next week and then a huge game at home vs Denver. They know they backed themselves into a corner. And they know its time to Annie up. No guarantees in this league fellas.
    Name-calling isn't necessary, especially sexist name-calling.

No one said the game was guaranteed. What we're saying is that, like usual, we sleptwalk through our own bed-shitting in a situation where all the stars were aligned for us.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh