Page 1 of 35 123 ... LastLast
  1. Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

Raiders waived ILB Rolando McClain.

McClain is owed base salaries of $4.005 million (2013) and $5.805 million (2014), so it's a safe bet that he'll clear waivers. He will generate some interest once he hits the open market. McClain is a two-down inside linebacker with next to no coverage ability and has off-field issues, but he's a serviceable run defender and is only 23 years old. It's perhaps worth noting that new Browns GM Mike Lombardi -- an NFL Network analyst at the time -- compared McClain to former Giants great Pepper Johnson coming out of Alabama in 2010. Cleveland could use competition at the inside linebacker position next to D'Qwell Jackson.
    Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Apr 5 - 4:09 PM

I'm somewhat interested. What say you?

Blog Entries

Re: Rolando McClain cut by Raiders. Any interest?

Food for thought, this came from Aaron Wilson today...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 8h
    No, I don't think Ravens should pursue Rolando McClain now that he's being cut by the Raiders.
    Odd that he'd go out of his way to say it, Albert Breer was joking around with him about saying that so quickly, I think Aaron is frustrated with all the people asking about cut players signing with Ravens when it usually isn't the case. But, would seem that it's unlikely to happen.

Someone else mentioned that Rolando was never really happy about going too far from Alabama, so he might be looking for teams close by to there. MD is closer than Oakland, but...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

iggyman555 Guest

There is a discussion about him in the offseason thread, but no, no, no, a thousand times NO.

That guy is not only everything we seem to not want on our team, but nobody wants to accept the fact that he isn't a good football player.

Spewing the "he played well at Alabama and in the SEC" doesn't prove anything...as if there aren't any NFL busts who played well there.

Sucking on the field, plus doing your best Lawrence Phillips impersonation off the field = Not a Raven.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

The risk would be minimal so there would be no harm in scouting him out.If Ozzie and Harbaugh sign off it could provide a bit of depth just in case the draft doesn't pan out the way they want.Never a good idea to limit your options.

Blog Entries

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...abama/1712553/

I'm not disagreeing, but we've had Ravens who have been charged with stuff that later got dropped, and we're okay with that. Guy has had multiple run ins with Johnny Q Law, so my guess is, unless something big changed and he's able to convince Ozzie and Harbaugh of that, we'd likely just let someone else deal with his character rehab case.

But I don't think just because he had an incident, which the charges were later dismissed, means he's definitely off the radar.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

alright, i don't really want him, but this is funny...

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.

really? A window tint violation, and you felt the need to lie about your name? I could see if he had a suspended license or something, but window tint violation is a tiny thing, right? Guy just doesn't sound bright. Pass.

Blog Entries

The player, yes.

The person, no.

Im sure oz and company will at least consider it.
    -JAB

If they can get him for a price like they got Huff or possibly a little more, whats the risk?

he is a 2 down player and would be replaced on passing downs by an LB that can cover or we would coach him up to at least cover some but I dont see him as the LB that would be playing coverage he would be the one staying in the middle area not covering a TE, he could cover an RB in the flat like Ray did but not a TE.

We are still drafting an ILB in the first 3 rounds either way or waiting till after the draft to sign a vet for cheap like Dansby. Would also not mind Charles Woodson, interest is low and would fit well next to Huff as a stop gap till the saftey we draft this year or next can start.

I really dont see any more signings until after the draft though. the only one I see is re signing McKinne, players cost less after the draft as there are less needy teams as most would have filled the position of need in the draft if a player is still out there now which is a month into FA.

Dansby/Woodson can be signed after the draft for cheap since the demand will even be lower then.

Blog Entries

I'd even say McKinnie would be post draft. It depends on our haul from the draft...if we didn't get a strong OL player for this year, bring back McKinnie. If we did get one, use that money on another need that didn't get filled via draft.

I think Ozzie will again, let the market set itself before throwing himself in. If there's a ton of interest in McClain and we really want him, we'll make our move. If the interest isn't there, Ozzie will wait it out. Or, Ozzie doesn't really want an ILB at all and that's that.

Perfect fit for the Bungles or Jets