Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Season in a microcosm....one play

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    What else is relative is that these were also all playoff teams a year ago: Texans, Vikings, Redskins, and Falcons. A lot of people had a Texans-Falcons Super Bowl penciled in for this season.

If this is what a "down year" looks like in Baltimore, I'll take it.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Glad someone mention it but it's clear that RR wasn't happy about something and Harbaugh giving him the "What do you want me to do" look.
    Wait...I thought the Ravens were "quitting"....why would they care?

I need to watch that sequence again. I was at the game and didn't really get good view or replay coverage. But on that 4th and 1 play, I recall us calling a timeout, then after the timeout seeing what appeared to be an audible out of shotgun, and then barely, and I mean barely, get the snap off before getting a delay of game, then the run getting stuffed.

It was just terrible football all around. Wasting the timeout, then having to rush just to get avoid a delay call after your own timeout, and apparently audibling into that garbage call (though maybe it was by design), then executing so poorly we couldn't muscle a single freakin' yard with the season on the line. Really, just embarrassing. Sums up the game, and to some extent the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I need to watch that sequence again. I was at the game and didn't really get good view or replay coverage. But on that 4th and 1 play, I recall us calling a timeout, then after the timeout seeing what appeared to be an audible out of shotgun, and then barely, and I mean barely, get the snap off before getting a delay of game, then the run getting stuffed.

It was just terrible football all around. Wasting the timeout, then having to rush just to get avoid a delay call after your own timeout, and apparently audibling into that garbage call (though maybe it was by design), then executing so poorly we couldn't muscle a single freakin' yard with the season on the line. Really, just embarrassing. Sums up the game, and to some extent the season.
    They made a yard. They needed a yard + an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever_com View Post
    Word :word Total Agreement ... We have the most spoiled fans in football. We went to the playoff in Flacco and Harbs first 5 years, won the Super Bowl last season and have a winning season with a chance to make the play offs again. Baltimore .... be Thankful we have the RAVENS !!!!!

GO RAVENS !!!!
    Yeah...no. New England just won their 11th division title with Brady. Unless I'm forgetting a year, they've only missed the playoffs once since he became the starter, not counting the year he was hurt and they still went 11-5. Manning and the Colts made the playoffs and won bunches and bunches of games every season but one after his rookie year. There just isn't any reason that you have to expect some sort of cycling down to a non-playoff season (especially in a division with the Browns and a combination of the Bengals front office and a salary cap strapped Steelers), and fans who are upset that a combination of bad coaching and outdated roster building philosophies are costing the team at the margins.

I mean, hell, for as much as you can say they've been to five playoffs, you can also note that they've only won the division twice, and only been seeded in the top 3 once.

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Yeah...no. New England just won their 11th division title with Brady. Unless I'm forgetting a year, they've only missed the playoffs once since he became the starter, not counting the year he was hurt and they still went 11-5. Manning and the Colts made the playoffs and won bunches and bunches of games every season but one after his rookie year. There just isn't any reason that you have to expect some sort of cycling down to a non-playoff season (especially in a division with the Browns and a combination of the Bengals front office and a salary cap strapped Steelers), and fans who are upset that a combination of bad coaching and outdated roster building philosophies are costing the team at the margins.

I mean, hell, for as much as you can say they've been to five playoffs, you can also note that they've only won the division twice, and only been seeded in the top 3 once.
    Hmmm...I wish the Ravens had played the last 10 years in a division with the Jets, Bills and Dolphins...or the Titans, Texans and Jaguars.

I don't see any of those 6 teams on a par with the Steelers over the last 10 years...or the Bengals for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

They had no one over center. I was screaming for a qb sneak. I think flacco saw something, but called on rice and not himself to run it in

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    They had no one over center. I was screaming for a qb sneak. I think flacco saw something, but called on rice and not himself to run it in
    Yeah, audibling to a run with no one over center isn't a bad decision. It's just that, once again, the O-line/Rice totally shit the bed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Hmmm...I wish the Ravens had played the last 10 years in a division with the Jets, Bills and Dolphins...or the Titans, Texans and Jaguars.

I don't see any of those 6 teams on a par with the Steelers over the last 10 years...or the Bengals for that matter.
    yup. People that recite the brady/manning success rate rarely mention the poor divisions they took advantage of.

Now of course NE and IND contributed to those other teams woes, but those other teams were bad regardless. Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years.

Since the realignment is believe the AFCN has sent the first or second most teams to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    yup. People that recite the brady/manning success rate rarely mention the poor divisions they took advantage of.

Now of course NE and IND contributed to those other teams woes, but those other teams were bad regardless. Bills haven't made the playoffs in 14 years.

Since the realignment is believe the AFCN has sent the first or second most teams to the playoffs.
    Plus, let's consider how awesome it is that we compare ourselves to the Pats and the Manning Colts. Maybe we don't measure up. But let's compare ourselves to the Lions. Or Jags. Or Cards, Browns, Bengals, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Redskins -- let's just say there are twenty-five or so franchises that would aspire to be us. If you're a Ravens fan, there are very few franchises you can envy.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

2008- Ravens, Steelers
    2009- Ravens, Bengals
    2010- Ravens, Steelers
    2011- Ravens, Steelers, Bengals
    2012- Ravens, Bengals.

That's five consecutive years of sending two or more teams into the postseason, with a sixth still possible.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I didn't have any problem with the audible call on 4th down. The call of the immobile QB roll out on 3rd after spitting Rice out wide, not even giving the hint of a run play was just dumb though. Especially if you know you're gonna go for it on 4th.