Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Reed to Houston confirmed.

"Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m
    Maximum value of Ed Reed's deal with the Texans is $16 million for 3 years. Very strong deal for an older safety, especially in this market "

Dayuumm....

I hope this doesn't overprice Huff...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Where do you get the performance value info from? That's cool.
    www.profootballfocus.com I think they can be biased at times, but their stuff overall is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    "Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m
    Maximum value of Ed Reed's deal with the Texans is $16 million for 3 years. Very strong deal for an older safety, especially in this market "

Dayuumm....

I hope this doesn't overprice Huff...
    Yeah like I said, the Texans will regret this. They'll probably get one solid season out of him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    www.profootballfocus.com I think they can be biased at times, but their stuff overall is pretty good.

Yeah like I said, the Texans will regret this. They'll probably get one solid season out of him.
    could be all the deal is really for. front loaded in the first year, nothing guaranteed after that. be interesting when terms come out.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    could be all the deal is really for. front loaded in the first year, nothing guaranteed after that. be interesting when terms come out.
    Very true. I'm very curious to see how it is structured.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the Texans will end up regretting signing Reed.

4. Ed Reed, Baltimore Ravens

2012 Cap Hit: $8.5m
    2012 Performance Based Value: $2.0m
    Value Differential: -$6.5m

The second straight former Defensive Player of the Year on this list (and third in the Top 4 spots), Reed finds himself here for a different reason than Polamalu. Starting every game in 2012, he was tied for fourth among all safeties with four interceptions and added a further seven pass break-ups. Still, his play deteriorated compared with seasons past, with him finishing tied for second at his position with five penalties. His struggles to tackle properly were well documented — Reed ended with 15 misses in the regular season and a further six in the playoffs.
    This performance value stuff doesn't take into account the intangibles, like how he could take away half the field just by his presence, or how opposing quarterbacks claimed they always had to know where he was. The Texans didn't sign him for his tackling abilities. That being said, I think it was too much money for the Ravens to come close to. No Raven's fan wanted to see Reed playing for another team, but at least its easier (than Boldin or Pollard) to understand why we let him go.

Decided to read some of the Houston fan forums to gauge their reaction. From what I gauge, they are more excited than we are disappointed. Lots of enthusiasm mixed with some people saying "geez, how old is he? no thanks." http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99269

I like this quote from that Texans' thread, Post #1749:

>>
    Where is everybody getting the idea that Reed is going to be effective roaming over the top? He was an OLB, and apparently they're converting him. Why? Has he done anything to suggest he knows what he's doing? This is a completely different role and people are just assuming he's going to flourish.
    <<

This will always give me chills. I agree that we should not have paid him all that $$ and it was time to move on, but missing a player like Ed, hurts bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_f1GzmwHo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whibbley-O! View Post
    Decided to read some of the Houston fan forums to gauge their reaction. From what I gauge, they are more excited than we are disappointed. Lots of enthusiasm mixed with some people saying "geez, how old is he? no thanks." http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99269

I like this quote from that Texans' thread, Post #1749:

>>
    Where is everybody getting the idea that Reed is going to be effective roaming over the top? He was an OLB, and apparently they're converting him. Why? Has he done anything to suggest he knows what he's doing? This is a completely different role and people are just assuming he's going to flourish.
    <<

wow... I can understand confusing lesser known players but possibly the GOAT FS?... just wow.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    wow... I can understand confusing lesser known players but possibly the GOAT FS?... just wow.
    No kidding.

If Edwants to play iam happyhegota contract. I hope his last contract is for $1 so he can retire a Raven.

The business end of this sucks, but it is what it is. No profitable business sinks money into investments that don't pay off, nor does somebody walk away from a significantly larger offer on the table. Made sense for both sides.

Somewhat related topic - what is up with the IQ of Facebook posters? I was reading on my mobile app some of the comments left on the Ravens 24x7 posts and...sheesh...utter ignorance.