Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Largest loss in team history at home

Quote Originally Posted by jjmccraven View Post
    This coaching staff are some of the most hard-headed most stupid in the NFL.
    The irony in this post is delicious.

I guess the 2 TDs on turnovers at the end gave them the "record".

The game was still, somewhat competitive, into the 4th quarter. Personally, I remember a couple other blowouts (Jaguars in 1998 and Colts in 2007) that felt much worse. Those games were over by half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I guess the 2 TDs on turnovers at the end gave them the "record".

The game was still, somewhat competitive, into the 4th quarter. Personally, I remember a couple other blowouts (Jaguars in 1998 and Colts in 2007) that felt much worse. Those games were over by half-time.
    But the Ravens quit last night. You could smell it on the coaches and players and see it in their body language. They.. just... QUIT!! I've never been more ashamed of my team because even when they got blown out in the past, it was because they were just going up against a far more talented team with more to play for.

This was the GAME OF THE YEAR for the Ravens AND they had a talent edge on a Patriots squad that was decimated by injury and playing in one of the most hostile road environments of the year. Yet the PATRIOTS were the ones who came out with a chip on their shoulder, ready to play, and ready to win. The Ravens came out like it was a preseason game, they got outcoached yet again, and as soon as Pitta dropped the ball into the Pats' DB's hands you could SEE the air go out of the Ravens.

You could see the stench of quitting start wafting off of them. Harbaugh trying for the FG down 3 scores stunk of quitting, of trying to protect his legacy by not getting shut out at home. He looked so terrified and confused for most of the game while Belichick was cool, calm, and in control.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    But the Ravens quit last night. You could smell it on the coaches and players and see it in their body language. They.. just... QUIT!! I've never been more ashamed of my team because even when they got blown out in the past, it was because they were just going up against a far more talented team with more to play for.

This was the GAME OF THE YEAR for the Ravens AND they had a talent edge on a Patriots squad that was decimated by injury and playing in one of the most hostile road environments of the year. Yet the PATRIOTS were the ones who came out with a chip on their shoulder, ready to play, and ready to win. The Ravens came out like it was a preseason game, they got outcoached yet again, and as soon as Pitta dropped the ball into the Pats' DB's hands you could SEE the air go out of the Ravens.

You could see the stench of quitting start wafting off of them. Harbaugh trying for the FG down 3 scores stunk of quitting, of trying to protect his legacy by not getting shut out at home. He looked so terrified and confused for most of the game while Belichick was cool, calm, and in control.
    I am not the most knowledgeable person. I guess when I saw Marshall Yanda trying to run down the pick 6, it didn't seem like they were quitting. Or Jacoby trying to return it 110 yards. Or Harbaugh (foolishly, IMO) challenging plays under 2:00.

But then again, I am admittedly not the most knowledgeable fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

They fought most of the game. The deal was sealed when the Pats went up 27-7. At that point it was hopeless. If you want to say they quit after that fair enough but to suggest they quit for 3 1/2 quarters is way off base. They just got outplayed by a better opponent.