Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: From the top down.

They gave Harb a new contract last year so he's going to be here a while, especially considering that they're consistently among the best AFC teams under him. He has the right to pick his assistants and decide the gameplans so we're going to continue to get some conservative mindset. I believe that would be true even under a new OC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Part of my concern though is how slow it seems for Joe to get rid of the ball. There are times that he seems to look for the WR to make a cut or get separation before he lets it go. For a quick pace you need to let it go before the receiver moves so that his separation is just as he changes his pattern. To wait is to give the defender the chance to close. And to not hit the receiver in stride means that he has to slow up and close the gap too. He sometimes seems to be in slow motion, which leaves him vulnerable for the sack/strip.
    Look at the routes... They force Joe to hold onto the ball waiting for the receivers to get open. Plus, Cam's system wants receivers to round routes off. You can't exactly throw a ball to a receiver before he cuts if the receiver is rounding routes. That's a recipe for an easy pick when the corner recognizes the route and drives on it.

The thing that tells me everything I need to know is that Flacco plays his best when the clock is against us and we are down. That is probably because we are running the no-huddle and Joe is directing the offense. He is obviously running plays that he is comfortable with. The question is that even if the coaches don't want to turn the whole thing over to Joe, then why not at least call plays that he has shown he is comfortable with, and very successful at?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    The thing that tells me everything I need to know is that Flacco plays his best when the clock is against us and we are down. That is probably because we are running the no-huddle and Joe is directing the offense. He is obviously running plays that he is comfortable with. The question is that even if the coaches don't want to turn the whole thing over to Joe, then why not at least call plays that he has shown he is comfortable with, and very successful at?
    :word

It's mind boggling. It seems like the coaching staff doesn't want to fully commit to running a no huddle, and they pulled the plug as soon as they hit a bump in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Then, they need a TE that can block his tail off and looks to knock someone's head off.

Not sure if you can hit the page below, but would you trade a 4th or 5th for one? ...because there's no clear dual skilled TE in the draft this year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...cy-tight-ends/

Then again, if you re-tool the OL do you still need that blocker? But even if you don't, could you low tender Dickson (hoping to get a bite) and then draft Gavin Escobar in the early/mid 3rd? (a certain upgrade).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZm7M3PoO8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFJfwdPUk6A

The NEXT 4 games are going to be a bigger bump in the road than anyone at 1 Winning Drive has ever imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    :word

It's mind boggling. It seems like the coaching staff doesn't want to fully commit to running a no huddle, and they pulled the plug as soon as they hit a bump in the road.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Look at the routes... They force Joe to hold onto the ball waiting for the receivers to get open. Plus, Cam's system wants receivers to round routes off. You can't exactly throw a ball to a receiver before he cuts if the receiver is rounding routes. That's a recipe for an easy pick when the corner recognizes the route and drives on it.
    Philip Rivers gets his share of picks also but he has had some great years / games in that same system. I think part of it is the 'gunslinger mentality' of just throwing the damn thing. Yes it leads to more INTs but it leads to more receptions too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Ex, totally agree with you here in regards to the Oline. If we're going all in on Joe, we need to give him better protection and improve the run power scheme that worked so well from 08 to 09.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The NEXT 4 games are going to be a bigger bump in the road than anyone at 1 Winning Drive has ever imagined.
    What W-L record are predicting for the last 4?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We should be 0-16 according to him, I question his loyalty as a Ravens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Did you really need to know the obvious answer?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    They gave Harb a new contract last year so he's going to be here a while.
    Three year extension signed in Feb 2011 IIRC, which means he's got little more than a year left. Bisciotti dropped Billick right after he'd signed him to an extension, so if he wanted to make a change, that wouldn't stop him. Not that I expect he will...