Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: If the Defense had forced a few more three and outs...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    The obvious what? Brady wasn't as HOT today as he usually is. He missed some easy throws/receivers drop some passes, 2 of which would've been FOR touchdowns. The D got some help and the final score/stats don't tell the whole story.
    Brady was about as hot as he usually is against the Ravens. While he's now 7-1 against the Ravens, statistically he performs worse against them than anyone else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Now you know he had a bad game. Did we know that coming in? Did we know in the 2nd half he wouldn't return his normal self and slice and dice us like he does every team? The D played him honest which allowed them to run on us as they did. The D played well enough to win which is what would have happened if Evans would have protected an easy catch.
    But Evans (and God KNOWS I'm NOT trying to defend him) wouldn't have BEEN in that situation if the Defense had forced a few more 3 and outs. Hell, the Pats kneeled going into halftime with a minute and time outs left! That should've told them right there Marcia wasn't really feeling 'it' today. I guess I just get tired of people always giving this 'vaunted D' excuses when we lose but always pile it on everybody else.

What else did you want the D to do? The last two patriots possessions, they got a interception, after Joe gave one up and then they got a 3 and out. The Offense blew a chance to go up 8 after the fumble, when Joe missed a wide open leach.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    What else did you want the D to do? The last two patriots possessions, they got a interception, after Joe gave one up and then they got a 3 and out. The Offense blew a chance to go up 8 after the fumble, when Joe missed a wide open leach.
    I think the last three and out was simply the Patriots playing conservative with the lead and little time left to play. Bele-whatever knew that a mistake at THAT position of the field would've killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Brady was about as hot as he usually is against the Ravens. While he's now 7-1 against the Ravens, statistically he performs worse against them than anyone else.
    But somehow he always gets enough points to beat us if the game is close.
    Al

Blog Entries

We needed 7 after that fumble recovery on the kickoff. I knew it would bite us in the ass.

I told everyone around me all week that we'd have to score 28 points to win.

You can't expect to hold that offense down every drive...they have one of the greatest QB's to ever play and had constant mismatches with their TE's on virtually every play.

Our D did a hell of a job today.

Evans and Cundiff just couldn't finish.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

You can't expect to hold that offense down every drive...they have one of the greatest QB's to ever play and had constant mismatches with their TE's on virtually every play.

Our D did a hell of a job today.

Evans and Cundiff just couldn't finish.
    I understand that, but the Pats last TD drive was pretty much ALL on their RBs shoulders and it didn't seem like the D had any interest in stopping it. That's what pisses me off the most. A play here or there I can understand, but to give up an ENTIRE drive (and not to Brady no less) was just vile and vomit inducing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    You were wrong. We only needed 24.

Unfortunately, we only got 20...

330 total yards. Brady with ZERO TD's and a 57.7 rating. Two picks. This from an offense that regularly scores 40+ and gets 450+ yards. The defense did everything needed to win and more. Scoring a crummy 20 points against the #31 defense is what lost the game, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacco flacco flame View Post
    And Brady didn't miss a wide open anyone? QB's sometime miss things but that's a mute point if Evans hangs on to a ball he caught.

I'm afraid this OP doesn't appreciate a good defense when he sees one. Given what kind of offense we were facing and the kind of player Brady is I think it's pretty damn impressive we held them to 23 points.