Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Rematch

Blog Entries
    What's so conveniently forgotten is that if it weren't for the two returned TDs, we wouldnt have gone into OT, and would have won the game in convincing fashion. We were the better team both sides of the ball. I know that special teams is part of every game, and we won some games that season purely because of STs, but if everyone wants to talk about flukes and how we were lucky, they need to remember that they were only in the game because of two huge lapses on our ST coverage in the first place.

Re: The Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    "Damn it Rahim! Sickens me every time I see that backpedal. I still remember my thought process, "What an awful throw, we win... wait... WHY... NOOO... [Expletives]!!!!!""

By far my favorite comment. Hahaha
    i just made another one
    hate denver, because of how they conspired w nfl and irsay.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    One thing I never understood is how Moore playing the ball poorly means we didn't deserve to win.
    I mean Peyton and Brady has abused players being out of position for years, but Joe does it and it's a fluke. Hell most big plays happen when one player messes up big time.
    Look, Moore ended up 50 yards from the line of scrimmage and it was NOT far enough BECAUSE Joe saw him flat footed (his quote) and knew he had Jacoby sprinting down the sideline. He not only threw it on the move over 50 yards, but it was a cannon shot that dropped almost straight down on arrival.

I would think, that a number of NFL quarterbacks can throw it 60 yards...but to throw it while evading TWO rushers, one from each side and then stepping up, all the while, looking downfield, making the right decision in a split second, putting it right there...over that distance. Maybe Rivers could have earlier in his career. But that pass was simply awesome.

There is NO DOUBT, if it had been Brady or Manning or Ryan or Kaepernick who makes that throw, they would be glorified for it throughout every single news station and media outlet in existence. They won't give him his due to them already labeling him not good enough.
    To change would be admitting they were wrong, and they hate to do that.

And finally, Jaws has been saying for sometime now, that Joe maybe the best deep thrower the league right now and they all mocked him and laughed at him.
    Then Joe throws one of the greatest deep ball passes in NFL playoff history and IT BURNS ALL OF THEM UP!

Well HE was right, they all were wrong and they can all cry and whine about it BUT it doesn't change history. They have to deal with it somehow. That's their problem.

We will be able to recall that play and that impossible run FOREVER!
    AIN'T THE BEER FREAKING COLD!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What's so conveniently forgotten is that if it weren't for the two returned TDs, we wouldnt have gone into OT, and would have won the game in convincing fashion. We were the better team both sides of the ball. I know that special teams is part of every game, and we won some games that season purely because of STs, but if everyone wants to talk about flukes and how we were lucky, they need to remember that they were only in the game because of two huge lapses on our ST coverage in the first place.
    Even if had they won that game, there's reasons to pause from being so cocky and certain of victory as they are now. Lots of excuses, nobody considers the Ravens are actually a good football team.

They need another lesson
    If it doesn't happen on opening day then the playoffs again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I feel that Flacco has the strongest arm in the league. Which 2 QBs do you think may have been able to make that throw? I can't name them.

Moore certainly deserves criticism for not playing deep enough, but some of that is because he thought there was no way someone could throw it that far. Even Jones had briefly slowed down, fortunatley, his momentum was already going down field so he was easily able to speed up to catch it. Moore got caught flat-footed.
    Well, Kyle Boller is obviously one...

I'd say a lot of QBs could probably make that throw. Cutler, Locker, Roethlisberger, Griffin, Luck, Newton, Rodgers, maybe Romo, maybe Bradford, maybe Tebow (just kidding). Several guys have the raw arm strength to attempt it. But that doesn't make it any less impressive.

I had to remind people of this today. No one talks about how "lucky" Denver was to even be in the game.

-Imanu

Quote Originally Posted by ravens44 View Post

we will be able to recall that play and that impossible run forever!
    Ain't the beer freaking cold!

damn right!!!
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

This starts to go down a rabbit hole that nobody needs to go down. The Broncos had those points because the Ravens played poor special teams. If somebody says "The only reason you won was because of Rahim Moore fell" then I say - " OK, but he did fall. and the Ravens did score." Then they went on to beat the patriots and the 49ers and win a Superbowl. This is the reality. People can rationalize all they want and "feel" that the Broncos should have won the game but it is irrellevant. Taking everything into consideration, the Ravens won and that is the only fact that matters. How they might have done in an alternate reality where the Ravens make some special teams tackles or Rahim Moore was 4 yards deeper is conjecture, fantasy and sour grapes from Broncos fans.

What's so conveniently forgotten is that if it weren't for the two returned TDs, we wouldnt have gone into OT, and would have won the game in convincing fashion.
    Not singling you out leach.... just quoting you because you just wrote it... many have said, including me. But, guys! I agree that we were the better team that day. But we absolutely CAN NOT discount the two return TD's... Yes it kept them in the game, and it was the reason we were so close to losing in regulation time. It's PART of the game. To discount those 2 scores is as bad as discounting the Jacoby Jones TD that tied the game. We'd like to think that that play was much more than pure luck and also more than a simple mistake by their corner. Give credit where credit is due.

Also, we will have to try and stop Trindon Holliday again in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgsNRavens2052 View Post
    I don't think I have been more pumped for an opening game for the season than this one..... Their fans are the most delusional besides Pittsburgh. I cant wait to beat them in their own house again.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...26-The-Rematch!
    I trolled the site a bit and reviewed their game thread. page after page of 'stop running the ball' in the 4th qutr / ot; of course we remember what happened when they did throw the ball...
    they were severely ticked at the officials.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Well, Kyle Boller is obviously one...

I'd say a lot of QBs could probably make that throw. Cutler, Locker, Roethlisberger, Griffin, Luck, Newton, Rodgers, maybe Romo, maybe Bradford, maybe Tebow (just kidding). Several guys have the raw arm strength to attempt it. But that doesn't make it any less impressive.
    It's not just the arm strength. You need the pocket presence to be able to avoid the rush and step up in the pocket. Then, fire a ball 50 some yards down the field with accuracy. Flacco was almost sacked on that play if he didn't slide and step up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I feel that Flacco has the strongest arm in the league. Which 2 QBs do you think may have been able to make that throw? I can't name them.

Moore certainly deserves criticism for not playing deep enough, but some of that is because he thought there was no way someone could throw it that far. Even Jones had briefly slowed down, fortunatley, his momentum was already going down field so he was easily able to speed up to catch it. Moore got caught flat-footed.

After thinking about it some more the only other QB beside Flacco imo that would have had a chance is Rodgers. He has the arm strength (although I think Flacco's arm is stronger) and accuracy necessary for that throw in those conditions. There are several others that might have the arm strength (Cutler, Stafford, Freeman, Vick, etc.) but I doubt any of the the others are accurate enough. What people forget about that throw was the angle - not just the distance or the weather conditions. The angle was the single biggest factor why Moore misjudged it and it's what made that throw an even higher degree of difficulty.