Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    Agreed. I find the clamoring for Gruden to be similarly unrealistic.
    And Billick

Re: Jay Glazer: Harbaugh helped Cameron hang on for as long he could until he was finally let go

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    No one is trying to say Harbaugh is or will be better than Belichick. The point is everyone starts somewhere. Belichick didn't walk into the league and become a Superbowl winning coach right away. He took his lumps first, a lot of them. Just like Harbaugh is doing now. If you would have told people that Belichick would end up being one of the best coaches in the NFL nearly 20 years later, Cleveland fans would have laughed you out of the fucking stadium. We don't know where Harbaugh's career is going. To pretend to know is simply silly.
    Belichick was an accomplished DC before becaming a HC. Harbaugh isn't closed to Belichick's resume.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And Billick
    lets see... 80 hours a week and constant pressure and critisim or 20 hours a week, steak dinners, wine, travel and watching film? no brainer

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Belichick was an accomplished DC before becaming a HC. Harbaugh isn't closed to Belichick's resume.
    MEANINGLESS in terms of their performances as head coaches. Harbaugh has, through year 5, outperformed Belichick through year 5.

You're basically arguing that even though Ray Rice has outperformed Felix Jones years 1-5, Jones is the better player because he was a much more successful collegiate athlete.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    MEANINGLESS in terms of their performances as head coaches. Harbaugh has, through year 5, outperformed Belichick through year 5.

You're basically arguing that even though Ray Rice has outperformed Felix Jones years 1-5, Jones is the better player because he was a much more successful collegiate athlete.
    When Bisciotti was asked what he thought was the reason for the Ravens success over the past 5 seasons, he said "Joe Flacco". He did not mention Harbaugh. Do you believe that Harbaugh is a major reason for the Ravens success, or has just been very fortunate to land in a good situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    When Bisciotti was asked what he thought was the reason for the Ravens success over the past 5 seasons, he said "Joe Flacco". He did not mention Harbaugh. Do you believe that Harbaugh is a major reason for the Ravens success, or has just been very fortunate to land in a good situation?
    I don't think any roster in the NFL has so much talent that they can be consistently successful with a bad or even mediocre coach. Similarly I don't think there are any coaches out there who can consistently win with bad or even mediocre talent. The fact that we win consistently tells me that both of them are big pieces of our winning. Trying to make it as binary as "Flacco does it" or "The defense does it" or "Harbaugh does it" is like asking if a car starts because of the key or the gasoline, it not only ignores that both are needed, but it simplifies the process to the point of absurdity.

ETA: Also, confusing an owner providing a sound bite praising the biggest pending free agent in team history with actual analysis of an analysis of who deserves credit for team success is a great way to inject meaningless fluff into a discussion.
    Last edited by ActualSpamBot; 12-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If this is true, and it really sounds like what we all thought, this is not good. Regardless of how badly Cameron needed to go, you can't let the inmates run the asylum. That's one reason Billick got fired and why Rex wasn't hired...
    That doesn't make any sense. Obviously the inmates WEREN'T running the "asylum" because Harbaugh didn't fire him until Bisciotti told him to. As for the points scored vs Denver. Really?? A shit storm of a perfect "What can go wrong does go wrong" game against a top defense in the league and u want to make comparisons- in a game where we were without Yanda and Torrey Smith left with a concussion?? Come on man.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    lets see... 80 hours a week and constant pressure and critisim or 20 hours a week, steak dinners, wine, travel and watching film? no brainer
    And he is damn good at it, too.