Page 137 of 333 FirstFirst ... 135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,633 to 1,644 of 3987
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

The two other players he heard them talking a lot about was Desmond Trufant and Quinton Patton.

He said that they think Patton is easily a solid 2nd round pick and could be the 3rd or 4th best receiver in this draft.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The two other players he heard them talking a lot about was Desmond Trufant and Quinton Patton.

He said that they think Patton is easily a solid 2nd round pick and could be the 3rd or 4th best receiver in this draft.
    Patton reminds me of Reggie Wayne

Blog Entries

The Ravens are clearly interested in centers in the offseason (most likely to push Gino for next season). I looked into this, and the Ravens have added former Iowa center Reggie Stephens to the PS lately, and have signed three centers to future/reserve deals, they have also had meetings with two centers at the senior bowl (one of them being very impressive at the game).

My money is on Gino starting there next year, but do not be surprised to see Gino have some legit competition in the offseason. Nothing is handed to anyone in the Ravens organization.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens are clearly interested in centers in the offseason (most likely to push Gino for next season). I looked into this, and the Ravens have added former Iowa center Reggie Stephens to the PS lately, and have signed three centers to future/reserve deals, they have also had meetings with two centers at the senior bowl (one of them being very impressive at the game).

My money is on Gino starting there next year, but do not be surprised to see Gino have some legit competition in the offseason. Nothing is handed to anyone in the Ravens organization.
    Depth is a good thing.

I have us trading back from the first with Arizona for their 2nd and 3rd. They pick fisher in round 1 and are looking to IMO ahead of jax and make sure buffalo and the likes don't jump ahead of them for a QB. If I'm right denver gave a 2 3 4 for tebow trading up from around 10 in the second round to 25. So I feel a 2 and 3 is about right with what I think will be great completion to trade up.

In the early second we take Matt Elam. Don't need to explain this.

We then trade our own third and our fourth for a second round pick used on Arthur brown. Don't need to explain this one either.

We use our fifth to move up in the second a few spots and snag Brandon Williams from Missouri southern. His stock has rose greatly from the senior bowl. He has great athleticism for a big guy.

With the third we acquired from Arizona we draft chris Faulk who is a developmental left tackle behind the resigned McKinnie.

We get a fourth comp pick we use on David Quessenberry, OT/G/C, San Jose State. We love versatile oline players and we def need the depth on the inside. He could push oher and gino in training camp.

We then move too our two fifth round comp picks. TE Williams from bama and Mathieu as a cb/s and immediate special teamer.

6th round we have one pick and a comp pick. Brian Schwenke, C/G, California. Again another versatile player. This would solidify our oline depth. McKinnie, ko, gino. Yanda, oher. With Reid, quessenberry, Schwenke, Faulk. We kept 9 linemen last year, we do the same this year.

With our other 6th round pick maybe look at a full back if leach isn't back, and I'd like maybe a Renfree from duke as a pocket passer for comp with Tyrod.

Seventh doesn't matter much

Blog Entries

I like that Arnie, I would like all of that a lot.

I actually have us taking Kyle Justzczyk out of Harvard in the 4th round with one of our compensatory picks to replace Vonta Leach, Justzcyk is more than just a fullback.

I actually have us taking Kyle Justzczyk out of Harvard in the 4th round with one of our compensatory picks to replace Vonta Leach, Justzcyk is more than just a fullback.
    isnt a fourth a little high? There is probably only a handful of teams that use fullbacks, and Vikings have one. Who would be or competition?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    isnt a fourth a little high? There is probably only a handful of teams that use fullbacks, and Vikings have one. Who would be or competition?
    He actually lines up in the slot as a receiver, he's almost like an extra TE as a receiver, and is a classic H back. Atlanta used a fifth round on a FB last year, we also used a 4th round pick on LeRon McClain back in 2007. Maybe it is a little high though, the 6th round may be more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I have us trading back from the first with Arizona for their 2nd and 3rd. They pick fisher in round 1 and are looking to IMO ahead of jax and make sure buffalo and the likes don't jump ahead of them for a QB. If I'm right denver gave a 2 3 4 for tebow trading up from around 10 in the second round to 25. So I feel a 2 and 3 is about right with what I think will be great completion to trade up.

In the early second we take Matt Elam. Don't need to explain this.

We then trade our own third and our fourth for a second round pick used on Arthur brown. Don't need to explain this one either.

We use our fifth to move up in the second a few spots and snag Brandon Williams from Missouri southern. His stock has rose greatly from the senior bowl. He has great athleticism for a big guy.

With the third we acquired from Arizona we draft chris Faulk who is a developmental left tackle behind the resigned McKinnie.

We get a fourth comp pick we use on David Quessenberry, OT/G/C, San Jose State. We love versatile oline players and we def need the depth on the inside. He could push oher and gino in training camp.

We then move too our two fifth round comp picks. TE Williams from bama and Mathieu as a cb/s and immediate special teamer.

6th round we have one pick and a comp pick. Brian Schwenke, C/G, California. Again another versatile player. This would solidify our oline depth. McKinnie, ko, gino. Yanda, oher. With Reid, quessenberry, Schwenke, Faulk. We kept 9 linemen last year, we do the same this year.

With our other 6th round pick maybe look at a full back if leach isn't back, and I'd like maybe a Renfree from duke as a pocket passer for comp with Tyrod.

Seventh doesn't matter much
    I like a lot of the players you mentioned, but I just don't see it playing out like that at all.

The problem with this scenario is that I just don't think the Ravens are going to be able to get those kind of value picks in trade. Although it's not a fool-proof standard, the trade value chart suggests that Arizona would be overpaying with their 2nd (520 pts) and 3rd (235 pts) to move up six spots (590 pts), so if I were the Ravens I would probably make that trade, too, considering Arizona's 2nd (520 pts) and 4th (88 pts) are more than the value of the Ravens' 1st (590 pts) - 2nd and 3rd would be a steal. Also, the Ravens' 3rd (116 pts) and 4th (44 pts) combined aren't worth anyone's 2nd rounder (last pick in 2nd is 270 pts). The Ravens' draft picks have to essentially be looked at as one round lower, because in reality that's about where they are drafting. I would love for the Ravens get that kind of trade value for picks, but I just don't see it.

If somehow we get Elam and Brown I'm going to be doing cartwheels up and down the streets

Blog Entries

Henry Hynoski who seems to be the most obvious comparison to Justzczyk was undrafted. I like this kid too but I doubt he goes before the 6th round.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Henry Hynoski who seems to be the most obvious comparison to Justzczyk was undrafted. I like this kid too but I doubt he goes before the 6th round.
    :word