Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 32 seconds til the half, 3 time outs, and you're kicking away to open the 3rd quarter. What do you do?

I don't know the exact answer to any of these things that happen behind close doors, that's for sure, I can only guess.

But here is something you can count on.
    IF Boldin is not here next season, I would bet you, we will hear what is going on between the coaches and the players from him. While he is here, he is not saying anything. He tries to get Cam to listen but it doesn't sound like he listens much. I was surprised he finally took Boldin's word about what San Diego was doing defensively and actually implemented it.

As much as I could jump on this pile, there is the MORE pressing need to design plays to gain natural separation for our receivers. Every other team in the NFL and MANY teams in college do so.
    Why not the Ravens? What is it that Cam doesn't understand?
    Do ANY of our coaches see other teams' receivers running free and ask themselves how is that happening?
    And let's at least look at the film afterwards to at least figure it out then?
    And maybe WE should do THAT? rubs and triplets criss crossing all over the field, running free.

I believe THAT is the single, biggest problem of this team.
    For if our receivers were running free and open by almost 3 yards or more, I believe Joe would have a field day and his confidence would grow with every completion and so would the entire organization and fanbase.
    And our entire team would benefit with an offense that could move the ball up and down the field and keep our defense on the sideline. The talent on offense is there at the skill positions.

Blog Entries

Re: 32 seconds til the half, 3 time outs, and you're kicking away to open the 3rd quarter. What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    What if he fumbles? Then the Steelers have an opportunity to get points and get the ball to start the 2nd half. I have no issue with Harbaugh playing it safe there.
    If that's what our mindset is, with Ray Rice fumbling less than any other running back in NFL history (or close to that), then they were playing like bitches.

Blog Entries

I think he really needed to go to the bathroom so he had em run out the clock

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    If that's what our mindset is, with Ray Rice fumbling less than any other running back in NFL history (or close to that), then they were playing like bitches.
    A fumble is just an example of what could have happened.

You're up against the #1 total defense, #1 pass defense, and #5 run defense in a close game. You really think the Ravens are going to be able to get in a position to score? Why take that risk in a game that you know is more than likely going to come down to a FG?

Now of course there's a small chance some plays are made an the Ravens get some points. It just wasn't worth the risk IMO.

A fumble is just an example of what could have happened.

You're up against the #1 total defense, #1 pass defense, and #5 run defense in a close game. You really think the Ravens are going to be able to get in a position to score? Why take that risk in a game that you know is more than likely going to come down to a FG?

Now of course there's a small chance some plays are made an the Ravens get some points. It just wasn't worth the risk IMO.
    But aren't we the same fan base that complains Ray Rice is our best offensive player and we don't give him the ball enough? But we not trust him in this situation? What if Rice busts through for a long gain?

I think if Rice is supposed to get the ball, that is a situation he gets it on.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

a team playing to win calls the timeout with a minute left on 3rd down and if they convert the still have a long ways to go to score. If they don't convert, which they didn't (and they probably would have ran to make us use another timeout and in all likely hood not gaining enough for the 1st and you get the ball back with 40+ seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But aren't we the same fan base that complains Ray Rice is our best offensive player and we don't give him the ball enough? But we not trust him in this situation?
    It's not about not trusting Rice in that situation(I was just using him as an example). It's about knowing your opponent and what they've done to you defensively in the 1st half.

What if Rice busts through for a long gain?
    Again, what if he fumbles the ball? I know it's not likely, but breaking off a big run against the #1 defense isn't likely either.

I would have had no issue if Harbaugh decided to try and get points. I'm just pointing out the other side of the argument.

It's not about not trusting Rice in that situation(I was just using him as an example). It's about knowing your opponent and what they've done to you defensively in the 1st half.

Again, what if he fumbles the ball? I know it's not likely, but breaking off a big run against the #1 defense isn't likely either.

I would have had no issue if Harbaugh decided to try and get points. I'm just pointing out the other side of the argument.
    It's another example of how Bi-polar this offense is.

We go conservative at the end of the first half by just taking a knee... and we spend the whole second half throwing with a lead.

Preface: I'm in no way saying that I agree with this......

....but, my take is that they felt they were going to be able to control Batch and Pittsburgh's O in the 2nd half and were satisfied with a 7-point lead.

Therefore, they weren't willing to take a chance and risk putting Pitt in position to be able to score again before the half.

I don't think they felt that Batch could beat them and were satisfied with playing it conservatively.

........and, they were wrong.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Preface: I'm in no way saying that I agree with this......

....but, my take is that they felt they were going to be able to control Batch and Pittsburgh's O in the 2nd half and were satisfied with a 7-point lead.

Therefore, they weren't willing to take a chance and risk putting Pitt in position to be able to score again before the half.

I don't think they felt that Batch could beat them and were satisfied with playing it conservatively.

........and, they were wrong.
    Playing not to lose......

cost them an important game!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Playing not to lose......

cost them an important game!
    Yup.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Rice has fumbled three times total in the past three years (48 games). "What if he fumbles" isn't a valid argument for sitting on the ball there, in my opinion.
    Over his regular-season career Rice has fumbled 7 times in 1,157 carries, i.e. once in every 165 rushes. Going into a shell in fear of something that happens less than 1% of the time isn't prudence, it's catatonia.