Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Should Troy start?

Should Troy start? Yes. Start packing his bags, that is.

Before we start totally knocking him, my husband was wondering the same thing. He was in an accident last year which resulted in a deep thigh/hip contusion - and he could barely walk. Granted, they're shooting Joe up with some good stuff, but there's no way he can step into his throws and that's why they're sailing. That being said, I don't thing Troy should start. Joe's the man. His run Sunday to get that first down shows how tough he is. BUT our receivers have got to step up, and I mean step up. We saw how Mason and Clayton had to go up to catch those balls and there's no reason why Williams didn't come down with his. When you get two hands on the ball, catch the freaking ball. I think the secret to this game is really no secret. We've got to control the line of scrimmage and the time of possession. The longer Peyton is on the bench, the less time he has to do damage. When he does have the ball, secondary has got to be on Clark and Wayne.
    Sick and tired of transplants. If Pissburgh is so great, carry your black-lung asses back there.

lol Tell me how you REALLY feel!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    lol Tell me how you REALLY feel!
    What did you expect when you started a thread about bringing in a backup QB to start over our franchise QB. Please never do this again!
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by octscotts View Post
    I think the secret to this game is really no secret. We've got to control the line of scrimmage and the time of possession. The longer Peyton is on the bench, the less time he has to do damage. When he does have the ball, secondary has got to be on Clark and Wayne.
    Exactly right -- which is why -- perhaps, the Flacco injury isn't as big a problem as it could be.

Really, we don't want to get in a shootout with them. We want long drives with lots of runs, mixed with occasional safe passes to pick up a 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 5, etc. We don't really benefit as much as we might think from hitting a 60 yard TD pass because that just puts Indy right back on the field and lets their O get in a rhythm.

That said, there was a game this yr (Miami I think) where Indy had the ball like 16 minutes all game and WON. So TOP is critical, but amazingly, doesn't guarantee anything. But the Ravens D is a lot better than Miami's, so if we can control the clock, we win. Joe just needs to hit passes like that quickie to Mason to convert the 3rd down, and the one to DWil that shoulda been caught, and the Ravens should have the running game to do the rest.

I would gauge it at halftime and make a decision. Troy Smith is pretty bad and has not taken enough snaps in game to really be ready.

I like Troy a lot , but Joe is the man.................If Joe had some targets to throw to we would be serious Super Bowl contenders , as of now we are still pretenders ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a few quality personel decisions by Ozzie would go a long way to helping Joe become the premier q-back we need ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Worst. Thread. Ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spy007 View Post
    I like Troy a lot , but Joe is the man.................If Joe had some targets to throw to we would be serious Super Bowl contenders , as of now we are still pretenders ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a few quality personel decisions by Ozzie would go a long way to helping Joe become the premier q-back we need ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    We get it, you don't like Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Ravens View Post
    Worst. Thread. Ever.
    Pretty much.

That said, a package where we spread their "D" out and bring him in to run for a 1st-down on 3rd and short I'd be OK with...

Not even close to the worse thread that's ever graced this board.

And the answer is NO. Troy shouldn't start.

But I'll be damned if he shouldn't be in the bullpen warming up against Indy.

Flacco is gonna have his hands full with Freeney and Mathis and if his performance mirrors the dreck of the past 6 weeks and he's getting hammered, a change of pace may be needed at some point during the game to give us a chance to make it to the AFCC.

Let's hope this doesn't happen, however and Joe gets back on track.

11. Re: Should Troy start?

I really hope this thread is some sort of joke.

The short answer is no....Joe is the starter...period. But I expect to see some wildcat formations with Troy in there because he can be more mobile in the pocket.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998