Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213 LastLast

Thread: more QB stats

Re: more QB stats

I do not see BB benching McNair, except for injury! This is just not a Realistic scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I do not see BB benching McNair, except for injury! This is just not a Realistic scenario!
    I see it if McNair does not take control of the basic fundamentals of the offense. The short passes, stretching the field with longer passes, and leading the offense to more first downs. The 3 & outs are killing us as a team, and putting greater demand on our defense to keep us in the game.

With BB at the helm, McNair needs to step into the "phone booth" and come out with the S on his chest to what we all expected him to be when signed by the Ravens.

I simpy do not see BB pulling the plug on McNair - that is totally out-of-character for him to do so. Now, if Steve really stinks up the joint (which, of course, I am Not of that opinion), then maybe. But second half this Sunday, if things are Not going well, No Way.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I simpy do not see BB pulling the plug on McNair - that is totally out-of-character for him to do so.
    He did it once. We'll see, but if the offense is faltering ... This week maybe not, but soon.

If memory serves me, BB pulled the Banster (and deservedly so) after a five game scoring drought. He may have yanked someone else; although, for the moment, I don't recall. He should've pulled Grbac in the Steeler playoff game, but did Not! I'd be willing to give McNair two games without a score before benching him.

If memory serves me, BB pulled the Banster (and deservedly so) after a five game scoring drought.
    Actually it was 3.5 games into that TD-less drought. Dilfer went 1.5 games without a TD himself. And that was after Banks put up a 39 spot on Jax.

Billick pulled the Water Buffalo after 6 quarters, after his leap of faith wore out, than came the great Stony Case, who was yanked for Tony Banks. Who went on to throw for 17 TD's & 8 INT's in 99. Greg is right, after the fireworks from the Jax game, Banks lasted 3.5 games more, & than Dilfer went 1.5 w/o a TD. He then hit Stokley in the Cincinnati game for a TD to break the drought.

I think he'll give McNair 2 more games before he contemplates a change. Remember people, his butt is on the line now & he's coaching to come back next year. He has no one to blame now. It's all exposed.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I think he'll give McNair 2 more games before he contemplates a change. Remember people, his butt is on the line now & he's coaching to come back next year. He has no one to blame now. It's all exposed.
    I don't think he can Jeff. Let's face it, Boller in one game put up numbers we haven't seen all year. But on the flip-side, the entire predication of bringing in Steve McNair was that the offense would immediately be better and more versitile than it ever was before (minus the Grbac year when the same claim was made). If Billick makes that change this year, and benches his $33 million quarterback, then that's admitting he's failed yet again, and will likely still lose his job even if Boller would come in and the Ravens get to the playoffs.

The only out for Billick right now is to cross his fingers that McNair magically "gets it" this week and begins to lead this offense the way he was advertised.

If Billick makes that change this year, and benches his $33 million quarterback, then that's admitting he's failed yet again, and will likely still lose his job even if Boller would come in and the Ravens get to the playoffs
    I don't think so, Bisciotti isn't an idiot, if McNair ain't getting it done he wouldn't think less of Billick for using Boller and then getting into the playoffs with him. Especially if we make some noise. Bisciotti might think less of Billick for sticking too long with the guy.

Billick will make the move he thinks will win games, nothing else.

I don't think so, Bisciotti isn't an idiot, if McNair ain't getting it done he wouldn't think less of Billick for using Boller and then getting into the playoffs with him. Especially if we make some noise. Bisciotti might think less of Billick for sticking too long with the guy.
    But at the same time Bisciotti has to be looking at the stats and seeing his offense still ranked at the bottom and wondering how it is the check he just signed to bring in McNair, because that was going to be the difference in our offense, is sitting as the currently third worst QB in the league.

While the rest of us continue to see the offensive line as the need they should have filled instead of yet again rotating quarterbacks, Bisciotti was sold a bill of goods on Steve McNair. I think sitting McNair down at any point this season is going not going to make him happy.

That's why I said, the one way Billick gets out of this mess is for McNair and this offense to start playing like one.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    ..currently third worst QB in the league..
    He may be currently the third worst QB in the league, but if the Ravens keep winning, Biscotti would be Insane to have him replaced. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here; remember, they are still 4-2, in first place, and hopefully will move to 5-2 after this weekend.

He may be currently the third worst QB in the league, but if the Ravens keep winning, Biscotti would be Insane to have him replaced. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, here; remember, they are still 4-2, in first place, and hopefully will move to 5-2 after this weekend.
    Here's the problem joe. The Ravens won't be 5-2 or keep winning if McNair keeps playing the way he has. It's just not going to happen. McNair can't lead this team to wins by throwing costly picks and not moving the chains. McNair this week needs to come out of this funk he's in, and his offensive line needs to f'ing protect him from here out.

And a small correction, because once in a while I look to see what broken record stuff comes out of oldtex.

The Ravens players are not going to suddenly have new found confidence in Boller getting the job done
    In addition to not watching the games, you also don't get local radio. Casey Willet on WNST told Bob Haynie yesterday that in fact Boller's teammates on offense HAD gained some valuable confidence in him after the Panther's performance. In fact, Casey said that his teammates never fully lost faith in him, but knew it would be a good thing for Kyle to have a Steve McNair in Baltimore to help him grow.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, Casey reports from One Winning Drive and talks to the players. ;)

Just wanted to point out yet another fallacy.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 10-27-2006 at 12:46 AM.