Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cundiff bitter... Carroll County Times says maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Cundiff hasn't been told he's kicking for his spot on the team. He needs to be told this in straight-forward fashion. Let's see how each performs under that kind of pressure. All it takes is for Harbs to say, "The kicker's position is a wide open battle between two kickers. We will keep the best kicker no matter what their salary is." That's it. That's all he needs to say.
    If he does I would be elated. Tucker has earned a real shot at the job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    If he does I would be elated. Tucker has earned a real shot at the job.
    I listened to 105.7 today, for the first time in awhile to get the local spin and the the afternoon guys, (Vinnie and ........), said no way Harbaugh and the staff goes with a rookie kicker. Their logic was; too much at risk to trust an unproven player.

I didn't get their logic if the known player is a bigger question mark, (statistically and with actual big game misses) To make it worse they agreed fans shouldn't feel bad for Tucker because his Ravens training camp performance will ensure him a spot on another team.

What am I missing? Will Tucker have a lower a FG percentage, make the Ravens take 50 plus yarders out of the playbook, might miss a kick that could have SB consequences; that's what Cundiff offers and somehow that less risk? I don't get it.

Re: Tucker hitting "extreme angle" field goals from "slidelines"

The thing that will decide who is the kicker is how does Billy do on the road because last yr all his misses came on the road so when we go to Stl that will be the test.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    I listened to 105.7 today, for the first time in awhile to get the local spin and the the afternoon guys, (Vinnie and ........), said no way Harbaugh and the staff goes with a rookie kicker. Their logic was; too much at risk to trust an unproven player.

I didn't get their logic if the known player is a bigger question mark, (statistically and with actual big game misses) To make it worse they agreed fans shouldn't feel bad for Tucker because his Ravens training camp performance will ensure him a spot on another team.

What am I missing? Will Tucker have a lower a FG percentage, make the Ravens take 50 plus yarders out of the playbook, might miss a kick that could have SB consequences; that's what Cundiff offers and somehow that less risk? I don't get it.
    This. *head explodes*

Blog Entries

No need to tell Cundiff he's in a real competition.

If Tucker's still on the roster after the first cutdown that will send the message loud & clear: You haven't shown us enough compared to this kid yet.

That's what you earn when you fold like a busted flush under pressure: More pressure.

And I'll tell you precisely when we'll know he's lost the competition: When he misses one & puts the blame on the snap or the hold or the field conditions. (I don't really expect that to happen in StL--dome after all--but ya never know.)

6. Re: Cundiff bitter... Carroll County Times says maybe?

If the Ravens cut Tucker or place him on the practice squad, he's as good as gone. Someone's going to pick him up quicker than roaches bolt when the lights turn on in the middle of the night..

Mark Zinno on 105.7 the Fan said he's never kicked with the pressure while playing in front of thousands of NFL fans But didn't he play in the S.E.C. in front of over 100,000 fans in Texas?

And what if Cundiff misses an easy FG, some fans (I am one of them) are going to be pissed! Give the kid a chance and know that he's going to miss a few, but that's OK, there are going to be growing pains...However, you never know, we may have our next Matt Stover

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    If the Ravens cut Tucker or place him on the practice squad, he's as good as gone. Someone's going to pick him up quicker than roaches bolt when the lights turn on in the middle of the night..

Mark Zinno on 105.7 the Fan said he's never kicked with the pressure while playing in front of thousands of NFL fans But didn't he play in the S.E.C. in front of over 100,000 fans in Texas?

And what if Cundiff misses an easy FG, some fans (I am one of them) are going to be pissed! Give the kid a chance and know that he's going to miss a few, but that's OK, there are going to be growing pains...However, you never know, we may have our next Matt Stover
    Big 12, but yes, he did kick in a stadium that regularly packs over 100,000 screaming fans in it.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

zinno is a fucking idiot i am 100000% convinced the only reason he is on the air is because he is told to be controversial to increase ratings...every time he reads a text every single person disagrees with him

9. Re: Cundiff bitter... Carroll County Times says maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post

zinno is a fucking idiot

Blog Entries

This to me speaks volumes of who the Ravens should keep. If we let Tucker walk we will never see him again. If we let Cundiff walk, does anybody think he won't be around for emergency duty if we need him?

11. Re: Cundiff bitter... Carroll County Times says maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This to me speaks volumes of who the Ravens should keep. If we let Tucker walk we will never see him again. If we let Cundiff walk, does anybody think he won't be around for emergency duty if we need him?
    :word

Blog Entries

Not to change the subject but did anyone see our old pal Haushka-sp
    kick a FG for Seattle last night?

Pete Carroll was jumping up and down.

Is he the same Haushka that lost the Minn game a few years ago and we were all pissed. I think it was.

He beat out a hot shot kicker from Fla State. We all wanted him. His name was Graham, I think.

He ended up in Vegas in the World League and then then Zorn signed him for the Skins and he had a broken foot no one knew about.

Anyway, we got stuck with Billy.