Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 'Skins Fire Williams?!

The one thing that will be interesting to see is how big a salary Williams and Saunders get with their new team. With the Redskins, they had been the highest paid assistants in NFL with monsterous contracts (Gregg Williams was 8 mil over 3 years, don't know the financials on Saunders' contract but he was #2 in the NFL). I wonder if that's going to inflate their ego any when they go to catch on with a new team.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    some how cowher name will re enter the picture
    That's because Danny boy thinks money answers all questions...He thinks he can probably drown him in money to the point he "forgets" his promise to his daughter.

Danny is going to try the same thing with Josh McDaniels of the Patriots. Any way you look at it, this coaching search is not going well for them...the only candidates that would be impressive hires are Jim Schwartz and Steve Spagnuolo, and Spagnuolo is a risk because he's only 1 year as a DC.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

3. Re: 'Skins Fire Williams?!

Not only are they now as bad as the orioles (hiring coaches before the head coach can hire his own staff), Now the city they are named for wants them back in their city!

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/15131681/...ss=dc&psp=news

Isnt that stadium only 7 years old? what a waste of money and resources if they move back to DC.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

4. Re: 'Skins Fire Williams?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    hilarious.
    fire snyder (who will fire him? he owns the damn team)
    fire fassel (hasn't even been signed yet.. they won't even give him a shot)

Fassel did take a team to the Super Bowl (only to be eaten alive by our team)
    ..but it's not the worst hire.
    That guy wants to blame Fassel for our offensive woes as if they didn't exist before and after Jim came to town.

What an idiot.. Slurs

:greece!

Wink Re: 'Skins Fire Williams?!

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    Not only are they now as bad as the orioles (hiring coaches before the head coach can hire his own staff), Now the city they are named for wants them back in their city!

http://www.nbc4.com/sports/15131681/...ss=dc&psp=news

Isnt that stadium only 7 years old? what a waste of money and resources if they move back to DC.
    That stadium is going on 12 years old. It opened in 1997 (remember the 20-17 win that wasn't as close as the score, played before 30,000 empty seats in the rain? I sure do -- it was my first Ravens away game).

Who is going to cough up a billion dollars? How could Snyder benefit? 10,000 more obstructed view and nose-bleed seats? I would be extremely pissed if Federal funds were used. Or if Snyder uses this as a threat to Maryland to get his retractable dome over FedEx Field -- that is, unless Bisciotti could also parlay a retractable dome for our stadium out of the deal.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Or if Snyder uses this as a threat to Maryland to get his retractable dome over FedEx Field -- that is, unless Bisciotti could also parlay a retractable dome for our stadium out of the deal.
    No Domes! leave that for the arena leagues.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

ABSOLUTELY NO DOME STADIUMS! Am I the only one that loved those two playoff games in Green Bay this year?! What with the snow, and ice bowl two - it does Not get any better than that!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

I agree...it was damn cold at the Pats game, but that made the experience that much better. Plus I like the weather forcing teams to change their gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe
    Am I the only one that loved those two playoff games in Green Bay this year?!
    I loved them, but I loved them from the comfort of my living room. Sorry, four below zero would be too much for me.

But that Green Bay-Seattle game in the snow really was fun to watch. The Browns had a game this year in the snow that was pretty cool-looking too. Very picturesque.