Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns...

Blog Entries

Re: Guns...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I made that comment with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, JAB. ;)

It's a common mistake, thanks to Hollywood, that folks who do not know anything about guns make often. Those of us who know the difference make fun of it just as equally often.
    sorry, went right over my head as clearly im one who doesnt know.

still begs the question, if the law is written about "clips" which he keeps referring to and arent commonly used anyway, can they really enforce it for "magazines"? Its a technicality but maybe could be beneficial. Also could be taking an action without really intending to do anything. Ive seen a few articles pointing out that his previous "committees" were pretty much put together to pacify the public outcry without actually accomplishing anything. maybe thats wishful thinking on mine and others part.
    -JAB

aaaannnnddd, much ado about not much.

Have a Glock 19 Gen4 on hold until this afternoon, when my wife's waiting period will begin. Trijicon Night Sights ordered...

Thanks for the help guys, i just came back to where I started.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    still begs the question, if the law is written about "clips" which he keeps referring to and arent commonly used anyway, can they really enforce it for "magazines"? Its a technicality but maybe could be beneficial. Also could be taking an action without really intending to do anything. Ive seen a few articles pointing out that his previous "committees" were pretty much put together to pacify the public outcry without actually accomplishing anything. maybe thats wishful thinking on mine and others part.
    Assuming a law makes it's way to the President, it would then depend on how the law is written. Often, there will be a definitions page to the legislation and if they define "clip" to also mean a "magazine" then yes, it can be enforced.

If the President goes the way of EO, he's going to find himself in even larger legal soup.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    aaaannnnddd, much ado about not much.

Have a Glock 19 Gen4 on hold until this afternoon, when my wife's waiting period will begin. Trijicon Night Sights ordered...

Thanks for the help guys, i just came back to where I started.
    Great weapon. My wife and I have both have a 19G4 and it's my primary concealed carry weapon (thanks to my small hands).

Blog Entries

Kinda off topic but not really. Just some facts about guns and violence...

Great weapon. My wife and I have both have a 19G4 and it's my primary concealed carry weapon (thanks to my small hands).
    I have a 19G3 on my hip as I type... thanks to the advice from a few months ago.

Upon finding an available Glock semi Locally, I just took the plunge and decided a bit more parctice and technique work will get her where she needs to be. The interchangeability of ammo, clips(lol, magazines) helped as well.. . Unlike last time, in this instance I had my choice of Gen 3 or Gen 4, and that $50 seems well worth it for the extra mag, removeable backstrap and double recoil spring, all of which, SHOULD IMO make it a superior firearm for my wife as compared to my own Gen3. Now I can keep a mag loaded with defensive rounds for each of us, and still have 3 range mags. Being a weapon that will be kept at home, the Trijicons seemed a nice upgrade.

Good stuff, NC ....

Pretty much destroys the theory of "Less Guns, Less Crime".

Upon finding an available Glock semi Locally, I just took the plunge and decided a bit more parctice and technique work will get her where she needs to be. The interchangeability of ammo, clips(lol, magazines) helped as well.. . Unlike last time, in this instance I had my choice of Gen 3 or Gen 4, and that $50 seems well worth it for the extra mag, removeable backstrap and double recoil spring, all of which, SHOULD IMO make it a superior firearm for my wife as compared to my own Gen3. Now I can keep a mag loaded with defensive rounds for each of us, and still have 3 range mags. Being a weapon that will be kept at home, the Trijicons seemed a nice upgrade.
    If you want a semiautomatic handgun that will bang every time, nothing beats a Glock.

The double spring in the Gen 4 is what did it for me. Such a smooth action and lesser recoil. I am back on target much faster than with the single spring.

Kind of a non sequitur but pretty funny ....

If you want a semiautomatic handgun that will bang every time, nothing beats a Glock.

The double spring in the Gen 4 is what did it for me. Such a smooth action and lesser recoil. I am back on target much faster than with the single spring.
    Does it happen to be easier to rack the slide back? That would be nice as a nice added bonus.

Does it happen to be easier to rack the slide back? That would be nice as a nice added bonus.
    It will break in as all springs will but, no, it wont get noticeably easier to pull back. The slide needs a relatively taught spring in order to propel the slide forward and seat the next round properly.

If you lose that, rounds will not fully seat in the breach, thus wont fire.

It's important she get the strength to work that action in case of jams.

It will break in as all springs will but, no, it wont get noticeably easier to pull back. The slide needs a relatively taught spring in order to propel the slide forward and seat the next round properly.

If you lose that, rounds will not fully seat in the breach, thus wont fire.

It's important she get the strength to work that action in case of jams.
    I was more specifically speaking Gen3 vs Gen 4?

My 19 is looser after 1000 rounds then the new in case gun.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-10-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: oops ... hit edit by mistake