Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Bobby Rainey named NFC offensive player of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Here's some perspective: Rainey was a 4th stringer who ran against the NFL's 26th ranked defense that's going through this season with it's tail between it's legs don't be so quick to anoint him as the next big RB.
    And Rainey has been cut twice this season.

Blog Entries

I thought cutting Rainy was a huge mistake. He broke more tackles in his touchdown run in the 4th pre season game than Ray Rice has all year. I thought he stood out last year as well in camp and pre season games. They cut him, keep Traywick, who then proceeds to run over Jacobe in the 1st game. When have the Ravens ever gone into a season with only 2 RBs. There's always been an Anthony Allen etc at the ready. Then, when Cleveland released him, i thought we were lucky to get a 2nd chance at signing him, but the Ravens passed. I guess Harbaugh was blowing his usual smoke when he originally said they had plans of bringing Rainy back and placing him on the practice squad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    To be fair, he only had 8 carries (5.6 yd avg), and a TD (the game winner) in the Fins game...plus an 11 yd reception in his only pass target. That's a lot of production for being the secondary RB... Bc
    Against Miami, he didn't have that consistent burst. Hell, we beat Miami for our only road win w/o him. Rice scored a TD running over Wagner's ass so Bobby wouldnt have even been playing and especially not vs GB.

Against ATl, he was going vs the 26th ranked defense as posted. Also, Rice
    had his breakout game in Chicago Sunday with 46 yds in the first qtr alone
    and 131 yds total including a 47 yard run that set up a TD plus yardage receiving
    and under very distressed circumstances like a tornado coming his way that delayed a game for a long time.

Bobby wouldn't have been playing in that game either. Let's watch the rest of the season play out before saying the Ravens made a big mistake but I think not.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4645/ray-rice
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-21-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Blog Entries

I think Rainey will be a player in this league...So in that respect, sure in hindsight it was a mistake...

But, agreed with above sentiments that Rainey in this offense would've done about as well as Pierce and Rice. Only reason we signed Draughn was as depth at KR, initially anyway. Scott, may have just been a bit of a reactionary decision to lighten up Rice and Pierce's practice workload. In any case, clearly the 3rd RB is going to be inactive here.

Rainey's REAL value would've been filling in for Jacoby as a returner after Trawick's boner in Denver. As it stands, Doss stepped up at PR.

Also, didn't read every post, but Ravens didn't have a shot at getting him between Cleveland and Tampa...TB had a higher waiver spot than we did and put in a claim on him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Why would the Ravens even want him back after Leaveland cut him?

They tried to sneak Derek Anderson thru waivers and that back fired. The only reason Leaveland took him was because Phil Savage was sitting in his coach's office when Derek called him to say he was going on waivers. The coach told Phil he was the real deal so PHil grabbed him really upsetting fans.

Leaveland cut him later too.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 11-22-2013 at 08:18 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Here's some perspective: Rainey was a 4th stringer who ran against the NFL's 26th ranked defense that's going through this season with it's tail between it's legs don't be so quick to anoint him as the next big RB.
    That also looks past how good he looked against the 17th ranked Miami defense. Id be cautious to, because their OL dominated ATL, but at the same time, he made some nice plays on occasion by himself. I think the reasons Bmorecareful laid out are exactly why it was a mistake, as well as Wicked pointing out that we ended up spending more money on a similar player without knowledge of the system. In retrospect it was a mistake, maybe not by production but by cost and future potential alone. Degree of mistake is certainly debatable, but it certainly doesnt make sense then or now.
    -JAB

I love how fans jump up and down over marginal 53rd guy/PS players who leave here and might have a good game or two. I still remember the uproar over Danny Gorrer. Look Rainey is a good football player, but he's not as good as the two guys in front of him. You guys are all pissing and moaning about the run game being bad. Did you see what happened when RR actually had some holes to run through??? NCRaven and HR are spot on. The running issues here are with the o-line. Period.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Wicked-
    Burfict was a Prisoner of War????

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Look Rainey is a good football player, but he's not as good as the two guys in front of him.
    More to the point...he's better -- and cheaper -- than anyone the Ravens brought in to replace him. Period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I love how fans jump up and down over marginal 53rd guy/PS players who leave here and might have a good game or two. I still remember the uproar over Danny Gorrer. Look Rainey is a good football player, but he's not as good as the two guys in front of him. You guys are all pissing and moaning about the run game being bad. Did you see what happened when RR actually had some holes to run through???
    But he can't fake em out anymore.

His legs are banged up.

He's finished.

He's too old.

He should be cut.

:grbac:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    More to the point...he's better -- and cheaper -- than anyone the Ravens brought in to replace him. Period.
    How do you know? You haven't seen the replacement play yet.
    Do you even know his name?

He can't crack the lineup either but playing behind a better line
    and vs the 26th ranked D, I'm sure he would do well too.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He can't crack the lineup...
    I stopped after reading that...I was just laughing too hard to even see the monitor.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 11-22-2013 at 02:26 PM.