Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Government Shutdown

Forget what I said...will be working for free! Yay me!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Sorry, but I view this as a good thing.

I know Dade is effected and I have family that's also effected. But anytime the Govt isn't dicking with us, it's a win for everyone.

Blog Entries

80% of my department is furloughed.

I'm still waiting to hear if I'll be furloughed or not.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sorry, but I view this as a good thing.

I know Dade is effected and I have family that's also effected. But anytime the Govt isn't dicking with us, it's a win for everyone.
    I really hope that this wakes America up a bit.

The 2 party system continues to fail heavily and it won't matter who is in the Presidency...when you don't have a Congress that is willing to work with each other, nothing gets done.

At this point, it isn't even about Obamacare or whatever. It is about ego.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The 2 party system continues to fail heavily and it won't matter who is in the Presidency...when you don't have a Congress that is willing to work with each other, nothing gets done.

This.

I quit the Dems in 1996 and the GOP in 2006. Been Libertarian for about three years now.

Countries with multi party systems tend not to have these issues (save Greece).

Blog Entries

Its been long since this was a country where the government is for the people. When shit goes bad, people tend to want to point blame elsewhere. when the blame game starts they forget that working together leads to the best results because its shared blame/success. its like a bunch of children.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I know a lot of people are affected and it sucks, bad.

But the representatives are doing what we elected them to do. Obamacare was passed illegally via procedural tricks. No one wanted it then and no one wants it now. The law is a disaster and I hope my representative stands strong to defund it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.

I quit the Dems in 1996 and the GOP in 2006. Been Libertarian for about three years now.

Countries with multi party systems tend not to have these issues (save Greece).
    Yep.

I've never really aligned myself to one party or the other.

I'm pretty much libertarian though.

I think the current government system is far too big, far too costly, and has far too much power.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

But the representatives are doing what we elected them to do. Obamacare was passed illegally via procedural tricks. No one wanted it then and no one wants it now. The law is a disaster and I hope my representative stands strong to defund it.
    They're never going to repeal it.

If we've learned one thing about Obama is that he doesn't know how to work with anyone. He truly is the type of person where it is his way, or no way.

He's even said that he'd veto anything that passed through Congress and involved negatively impacting the ACA.

Blog Entries

They're never going to repeal it.

If we've learned one thing about Obama is that he doesn't know how to work with anyone. He truly is the type of person where it is his way, or no way.

He's even said that he'd veto anything that passed through Congress and involved negatively impacting the ACA.
    So the people we elected to do what their doing shouldn't do it because he won't work with them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

its one of Obamas biggest points in the election todo health care reform. less than half of the population doesnt want it or he wouldnt have been voted back in the second time. Its that "its not what I want so we should stop it" thats the issue. Until we have a system where we vote by issue instead of by representative its going to be hard to argue with those results. At this point the smaller percentage has a voice that can overcome the majority. Thats where the system isnt working.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    its one of Obamas biggest points in the election the do health care reform. less than half of the population doesnt want it or he wouldnt have been voted back in the second time.
    Oh JAB. 11 million people who voted in 08 didn't vote this time around. Many people didn't vote for Romney cause they didn't believe in him repealing it.

Not only that but you can't gauge the country on JUST the Presidency. There were gains made in the amount of house seats and governors in the last election for Republicans..