Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who was YOUR top players from 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Did they look good because they are good or because MJD made them look good? I am going with the latter. The Jags gave up 44 sacks last year. That's not much less than the Bears. I think the Jags have so many issues on offense, that the OL gets ignored but their OL isn't very good either. We'll see this season.
    I was meaning more in run blocking than pass protection, they where pretty solid as a run blocking group IMO. We can go back and fourth on who we think is the better back, but at the end of the day when you're discussing the top 5 backs in the league, you can make fair arguments for each one being the best in the league. Lets just say both are absolute beasts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Did they look good because they are good or because MJD made them look good? I am going with the latter. The Jags gave up 44 sacks last year. That's not much less than the Bears. I think the Jags have so many issues on offense, that the OL gets ignored but their OL isn't very good either. We'll see this season.
    How many of those sacks were because of the OL and how many were because of Blaine Gabbert?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    For TE's I would have to go
    TE:
    10. Jerimichael Finley, Green Bay
    9. Owen Daniels, Houston.
    8. Jermaine Gresham, Cinci.
    7. Antonio Gates, SD
    6. Jason Witten, Dallas
    5. Aaron Hernandez, New England.
    4. Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta.
    3. Vernon Davis, San Francisco.
    2. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans.
    1. Rob Gronkowski, New England.
    Fair enough.

I think Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL right now. He's a hell of a blocker and is just as good of a receiver as Jimmy Graham and Gronk. I think Vernon could go to New England or New Orleans and put up numbers like Gronkowski and Graham.

I don't have Jermichael Finley on my list because even though he's explosive as a receiver he's really not a good blocker at all and he drops a lot of passes that he shouldn't be dropping.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Didn't Forte also miss a good chunk of the season? It wasn't just missing some time it was a bunch of games. Anyone remember when he ended up in the IR?
    He went on IR around week 8 or 9 I think.

That's why I didn't include him or Kenny Britt or Peyton in my top 10 at their respective positions. I tried to go for players who played the entire season and/or didn't miss much time.

Mario Williams was another one I snubbed because of that.

Blog Entries

Overall id say eli manning was the best player in the game last year. How many 4th qtr comebacks did he have...i know it was a lot. He is even starting to look like his brother making no name wr's look like all pros. The second ring puts him in the discussion of best qb's of his era, imo.

Calvin Johnson is getting ready to put his stamp on nfl history i think....2012 could be one for the ages if he, and his QB, stay healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fair enough.

I think Vernon Davis is the best TE in the NFL right now. He's a hell of a blocker and is just as good of a receiver as Jimmy Graham and Gronk. I think Vernon could go to New England or New Orleans and put up numbers like Gronkowski and Graham.

I don't have Jermichael Finley on my list because even though he's explosive as a receiver he's really not a good blocker at all and he drops a lot of passes that he shouldn't be dropping.
    Yeah, I think this is the first year Davis played up to his potential. When he put's 100% into it he's a beast.

I think I'm a little biased towards Gronk and Graham because I had them both on my fantasy team when you start a TE and are able to use one as a flex if you want. :D
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Fair enough.

If we are going off last year alone like i think we are then there should be noone at the number 1 TE position unless his name is Gronkowski. If im not mistaken he set a NFL record for most Receiving yards and touchdowns for a TE. In his second year in the league. Yea maybe Davis could do that in NE but he didnt. Gronk did. Hes the best TE in football, last year anyway. Its was proven further in both the AFC hampionship and Superbowl when Gronk was obviously hurt, and the offense struggled because of it. Just my opinion however

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Yeah, I think this is the first year Davis played up to his potential. When he put's 100% into it he's a beast.

I think I'm a little biased towards Gronk and Graham because I had them both on my fantasy team when you start a TE and are able to use one as a flex if you want. :D
    i think davis has better years each of the last 2 seasons, more YPC,Receiving yards, and TDs. i think hes a great player but 3rd at best at his position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    If we are going off last year alone like i think we are then there should be noone at the number 1 TE position unless his name is Gronkowski. If im not mistaken he set a NFL record for most Receiving yards and touchdowns for a TE. In his second year in the league. Yea maybe Davis could do that in NE but he didnt. Gronk did. Hes the best TE in football, last year anyway. Its was proven further in both the AFC hampionship and Superbowl when Gronk was obviously hurt, and the offense struggled because of it. Just my opinion however
    Which QB does Grontkowski have throwing him the ball again? That 6th rounder from 2000?

If I was a tight end I'd take him over Alex Smith any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Which QB does Grontkowski have throwing him the ball again? That 6th rounder from 2000?

If I was a tight end I'd take him over Alex Smith any day of the week.
    thats not Gronks fault. Of course his numbers are great cuz he has Brady. Dosnt mean hes not talented. Jermicahel Finley has Rodgers and he dosnt put up them stats. Dallas Clark didnt do that with Manning. No TE before Gronk had those stats with Brady. Does Brady help Gronk yes, Would Gronk be an elite TE with Other QBs like flacco or Schaub or even Smith? Yes probably would be

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tucking View Post
    thats not Gronks fault. Of course his numbers are great cuz he has Brady. Dosnt mean hes not talented. Jermicahel Finley has Rodgers and he dosnt put up them stats. Dallas Clark didnt do that with Manning. No TE before Gronk had those stats with Brady. Does Brady help Gronk yes, Would Gronk be an elite TE with Other QBs like flacco or Schaub or even Smith? Yes probably would be
    Grontkowski is one of the best TE's in the game right now don't get it twisted, I think he's awesome, and he is in a different league to Finley right now, but I just think Vernon Davis is something special as Wicked said, IMO he is currently the best TE in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Grontkowski is one of the best TE's in the game right now don't get it twisted, I think he's awesome, and he is in a different league to Finley right now, but I just think Vernon Davis is something special as Wicked said, IMO he is currently the best TE in the game.
    thats fair, i think Vernon is one the the best imo its 1. Gronk 2. Graham 3. Davis.. Then after that noone is close. The season we saw from Gronk last year you may not ever see again, thats why i have him at 1