Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Training Camp and Practices for the Public

The Ravens will host 3 training camp practices (free and open to the public) this summer:

Saturday, August 4 - M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD)
    Sunday, August 12 - Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (Annapolis, MD)
    Sunday, August 19 - Stevenson University* (Stevenson, MD)
    *ticketed event; details to be announced later

Each venue will feature interactive fan events, including player autograph signings for children, fun-filled activities designed specifically for youth and cheerleader/mascot meet-and-greets. Times and specifics for each practice will be announced this summer.

Additionally, by entering a lottery on www.baltimoreravens.com, fans in limited numbers will have an opportunity to attend training camp at the team's Owings Mills facility. The Ravens can safely host 200 people on the fields of their practice complex, and fans who are randomly chosen through the drawing will be invited to view approximately 14 of the team's training camp sessions.

For more details, please visit: http://bmob.us/305

Blog Entries

Re: Training Camp and Practices for the Public

Looks like they're at least making a respectable effort to get the fans into training camp.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

3 is pretty weak. Hensley on twitter said they used to have at least 20 every year.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Additionally, by entering a lottery on www.baltimoreravens.com, fans in limited numbers will have an opportunity to attend training camp at the team's Owings Mills facility. The Ravens can safely host 200 people on the fields of their practice complex, and fans who are randomly chosen through the drawing will be invited to view approximately 14 of the team's training camp sessions.
    Getting close to the action was always the best part of a camp visit, so that lottery is a great idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    3 is pretty weak. Hensley on twitter said they used to have at least 20 every year.
    Unless they find another permanent location or get McDaniel College again how can they have that many?

I think they're doing the best they can do without having to move around too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    fans who are randomly chosen through the drawing will be invited to view approximately 14 of the team's training camp sessions.

For more details, please visit: http://bmob.us/305
    will there be 200 fans selected for each practice or just 200 fans selected total

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Unless they find another permanent location or get McDaniel College again how can they have that many?

I think they're doing the best they can do without having to move around too much.
    Nothing was stopping them from going back to McDaniel College. That whole community seemed pretty upset to see them go.

Nothing was stopping them from going back to McDaniel College. That whole community seemed pretty upset to see them go.
    Money and coaches wanting to have access to all the Tech bells and whistles helping prep at Owings Mills.

3 is about what we all expected after they announced Westminster was done.

I live and work in Westminster and was disappointed to see it end. It was great while it lasted, but I will not be able to share that with my grandchildren.

I loved to go there and watch the players and focus on the new ones. I also spent a lot of time looking at parts of the team that I do not follow in the game (the lines, the routes of those not catching, etc.). The best I watched though were the young children running around to see players, racing to try to catch the FG attempts and just staring with wide eyes at the players that they see on TV. I always thought that I could give my grandchildren a real treat in that cozy atmosphere.

I understand the business decision and the impact of the CBA on practices. I just know I will miss it. I may just show up at WMC (it will never be McDaniel to me) on the first day of TC, just to be there.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

But we're talking about practice! Not a game...practice!

(had to get it in on the anniversary) :D

I'm less than 10 min away from Navy's stadium, I'll definitely be there on the 12th.

Blog Entries

I'm from Westminster...this was a tough decision, and for awhile, I was pretty pissed about it...

But nothing was binding the Ravens to do this. Contract was up, it saves money to stay at the Castle, plus it reduces the complexity of camp, as they don't have to coorindate moves, schedules, etc.

My worry was how the Ravens would handle the PR of obviously dissapointing it's fanbase...

1. 3 practices open to the public. I'd love more, but since they are moves again, 3 makes a lot of sense, and they're doing a pretty good job of going to locations which maximize ease of getting fans to a close location. Stevenson covers us Carroll County/Western MD people, M&T covers Baltimore, and Navy covers Annapolis/Southern MD.
    2. The lotto thing is pretty awesome sounding. Sounds to me like it'll just be 200 people who will get the opportunity to go to 14 practices at the Castle, but if it's 200 per practice, that'd be even sweeter, because you could potentially "serve" 2800 fans with a once in a lifetime experience (Seeing the castle plus the closeup of TC)
    3. Even though they had no obligation, The Ravens are making an effort to show McDaniel that there's "no hard feelings". The Ravens are funding a huge renovation to the McDaniel football field/stadium, and they are holding TWO player camps there for youth football. I'm very happy to see the Ravens make those moves.

While TC at McDaniel (or other venue) would've been best for fans, this is the best solution for both parties as a whole.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!