Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

I'm fairly certain that PSL holders will find out sometime this week if they get selected to purchase 2 Super Bowl tickets. From what I remember, face value last year was $800 & $1,000.

Assuming we win next week, if anyone gets selected in the lottery and cannot go, PLEASE let me know. There would be nothing better than for me to take my son to the Super Bowl.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Re: Super Bowl Ticket Lottery

Drawing is tomorrow. Letters start going out on Weds. Winners also notified by email by end of week.

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    Assuming we win next week, if anyone gets selected in the lottery and cannot go, PLEASE let me know. There would be nothing better than for me to take my son to the Super Bowl.
    Hey Fred: you know that I really like you and your son, so I am not going to get into a public bidding war with you. However, note to any of you who win the lottery: if I don't win a pair myself, I will pay at least as much as Fred does for a pair, and then I will raise it by a few bucks!!!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Hey Fred: you know that I really like you and your son, so I am not going to get into a public bidding war with you. However, note to any of you who win the lottery: if I don't win a pair myself, I will pay at least as much as Fred does for a pair, and then I will raise it by a few bucks!!!
    I'll pay what Mista T would and I'll raise that a few bucks plus a dozen doughnuts and a Ravens Repeat 2001 car flag.

If it's Ravens/Niners, I'm going. Period.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    I'll pay what Mista T would and I'll raise that a few bucks plus a dozen doughnuts and a Ravens Repeat 2001 car flag.
    I highly suspected I would start a bidding war.

Mista T - Even though I like you, I'm going to trump you - I'll provide a gift card to either Hooters or Tilted Kilt!!!
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Crunched some numbers. Lucas oil stadium can hold up to 70000 roughly equivalent to the ravens stadiums 71008. Last year the NFL distributed 17.5% of the tickets to each of the participating teams. Assuming about 3000 tickets won't make it to the lottery (players families, gifts, Tyrod Taylor, whatever...) that leaves 9250 tickets in the lottery. Assuming the average number of seats for a PSL holder is around 3 there are 24000 possible people that could wind up in this lottery with (9250/2) 4625 possible winners. So with all of these back of the envelope calculations you have a 17% of winning in the lottery.

Edit: Just read that there are two lotteries, one for club and one for regular and it looks like they distribute over each equally. assuming that's right then each group gets 2075. Using the above same assumptions there are 8196 club level seats which would represent (8196/3) 2732 owners so you have an amazing 84% chance of winning in the lottery. The rest of us (62812/3) 21000 owners have a paltry 11% chance of winning.

Edit Again: Each suite can purchase 8 Superbowl tickets. There are 119 suites which would remove 982 tickets from the available pool. This reduces available lottery tickets for each group to 2067 making club level percentages 75% and the rest of us at 10%.
    Last edited by MyTurn; 01-16-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Bad math

For SB XXXV, I refused to pay brokers' fees and decided to go to Tampa with $4,000 stuffed in Mrs T's bra. Son and son-in-law got in via bribe-the ushers scam (along with many of you who are reading this but won't admit to the illegality of the actions). Because she is Mrs-goody-two-shoes who won't break laws, my choices were to go into the game while leaving her alone outside the stadium in a big city, or watching the game with her and a couple dozen Giants fans on a 12 foot screen projection TV a few blocks away in a Tampa Park. I chose the gallant approach, and therefore missed the opportunity.

Not this time! I already have air travel and hotel secured. If I don't win the lottery and cannot outbid my good friend Fred, I will succumb to paying broker's fees. I have one already lined up.

Just win at Foxborough, and I will live the dream of every Ravens fan! I may spend the rest of my life paying off these tickets, but: WTF? I would be worth it to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    Assuming the average number of seats for a PSL holder is around 3 there are 24000 possible people that could wind up in this lottery with (9250/2) 4125 possible winners. So with all of these back of the envelope calculations you have a 17% of winning in the lottery.
    OK, but your 17% only tells part of the story. Adjust the numbers in two ways:

- Suite holders get one SB ticket for each seat in their suites. 100 suites x about 24 average per suite = 2400 removed from everyday fan calculation

- Club seat holders get a higher % of winning. I don't know what it is, but, just for discussion, assume 1:4 chance x 8,000 club seats = another 2,000

Now recalculate.

I stopped learning math many years ago, but would not be surprised to see the odds for general admission around 5% to 10%.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-16-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

The saddest part of the suites getting the tickets. Most of them are of the WINE and Cheese crew that only goes to be something... Not the Fan that lives in the NFL world.

That is the sad part!!

-
    Now recalculate.

I stopped learning math many years ago, but would not be surprised to see the odds for general admission around 5% to 10%.
    It's probably closer to 3%.. Seriously.. I heard a rumor that the Club Level drawing was weighted at 8-1 prior to them having two separate lotteries.. Now, if they have the same 8:1 chance, that might leave 2000 seats (1000 "winners") in the general lottery pool.

OK, but your 17% only tells part of the story. Adjust the numbers in two ways:

- Suite holders get one SB ticket for each seat in their suites. 100 suites x about 24 average per suite = 2400 removed from everyday fan calculation

- Club seat holders get a higher % of winning. I don't know what it is, but, just for discussion, assume 1:4 chance x 8,000 club seats = another 2,000

Now recalculate.

The suite owners don't get 24 per suite. They get 8. My buddy's company split suite last year with another company. They weighted the tickets for the suite 16 for one company 8 for my buddies. They also divided the super bowl tix if they win at 6 and 2. I saw the contract. Not sure if its different for other suites, but thats what it was for a 24 person suite on a 5 year suite lease.
    still doesnt make the numbers much better, but helps a little..

Blog Entries

Speaking of tics, a lot of you know Fan Man, the ultimate fan from Nest 1. He was down there too but didn't have any tics at all. Thousands of Ravens fans went just for the parties. That would have killed me, being so close but unable to get in.

So Fan was just walking along in his outfit and was spotted by a TV crew. A local TV station was looking for contestants for a trivia game. The winner got 2 free
    tics to the SB game.

He went on vs some chick from down there. The questions were really easy and even I got them all right but the gal missed one and Fan Man got two free tics.

What a fan.