Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I'd be happy with swope or Barrett jones. If we got jones we could kick out ko to lt and plug jones in at guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Day 3 BPA's by position

I think theres fewer WRs than OL so we probably hit that next, unless they have one of the OL ranked much higher. so much talent left. these really are the money rounds of this draft where youre getting guys that could be 2nd rounders in the 4th. picking at the end will be a little harder but having two probably makes up for that.

4-32, 4-33. 5-35, 6-32, 6-35, 7-32, 7-35... plenty of talent left for these.
    -JAB

Wy is every one in love with swope when Patton and Rodgers are still there?

Blog Entries

My hope for the next two picks is Barrett Jones and Da'Rick Rogers/Ryan Swope/Quinton Patton.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Wy is every one in love with swope when Patton and Rodgers are still there?
    All three would be excellent additions.

I can't speak for everyone, but what I like about Swope is his balance. He has really outstanding balance, which helps when he goes up for a pass and is getting hit at the same time. Even though he isn't the biggest receiver, he's not easy to take down.

Plus, you have to love his speed and route running. Definitely nice things to have.

Finally, and this is something I look for as well from college receivers, I noticed that when he is catching sideline passes he makes an effort to drag both feet rather than just one. That is a small thing, but it is something that collegiate receivers have to get used to in the NFL. He already does it. Just one less thing he has to learn.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My hope for the next two picks is Barrett Jones and Da'Rick Rogers/Ryan Swope/Quinton Patton.
    I'd be amazed if we can swing that...

I don't think most of them will make it to our pick. Then again, everytime I've predicted that, I've been proven wrong. So...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Okafor is the BPA in my opinion. Doubt he makes it much farther, but you have to wonder if we go with another defensive player if he still is.

Okafor
    Swope
    Barrett Jones
    Patton
    Rodgers

My top 5 wish list
    We have to stick to BPA, but if we draft a 4th D player without any offense, Caldwell may just take a swing at Ozzie.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I am hoping the Ravens take one of the top WRs and Top OTs left with the pick. Would love Patton, Da Rick at WR. Would love to see Fragel or Bahktari. If they wait a round for OT I really like Marqardt as a developmental LT. Guy missed a year but has the size and athleticism.

Round 5 or 6 I like Fauria at TE. He is good blocker and decent receiver. He would be a great compliment to Pitta.

Late round pick would be Jamoris Slaughter at S. He was injured this year. He would be a great guy for nickel and dime.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Beat me to it. Jones and Rogers are the two on my wish list.

We're getting into the territory where it will be depth guys I've never heard of, though.

What I think the FO will do...

4-129 Chris Harper WR
    4-130 Earl Watford OG
    5-168 Xavier Nixon OT
    6-200 Ryan Otten TE
    6-203 Steve Beauharnais ILB

Only Beauharnais is a "my guy", but that's a pretty good take IMO.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post

QB - TYLER BRAY (maybe, if he interviewed well)

RB -- ANDRE ELLINGTON, ..... anyone for MARCUS LATTIMORE?

OL- Barrett Jones, Brian Schwenke, Oday Aboushi, Jordan Mills, Reid Fragel, Alvin Bailey, Ricky Wagner, J.C. Tretter, Chris Faulk, David Quessenberry, Travis Bond, Xavier Nixon, Luke Marquardt, DAVID BAKHTIARI

WR- Quinton Patton, Da'Rick Rogers, Denard Robinson, Ryan Swope, Ace Sanders, Josh Boyce, Kenny Stills, Mark Harrison, Marquess Wilson, Chris Harper, Cobi Hamilton, Conner Vernon, COREY FULLER

TE- Dion Sims, Michael Williams, Ryan Otten, Nick Kasa, Levine Toilolo, Joseph Fauria, Ryan Griffin

Defense-

CB- Jordan Poyer, B.W. Webb, Mike Edwards, Tharold Simon, Steve Williams, Adrian Bushell, GREG REID (another "Honey Badger", in many ways, but without the hype?)

S- Shamarko Thomas, Tony Jefferson, Earl Wolff, Bacarri Rambo, Duke Williams, Phillip Thomas, John Boyett, JOSH EVANS

DT- Jesse Williams, Akeem Spence, Kwame Geathers, T.J. Barnes, Everett Dawkins

DE-Alex Okafor, William Gholston, Joe Kruger, Malliciah Goodman, Quanterus Smith, John Simon, Michael Buchanan, Mike Catapano

ILB- Khaseem Greene, Kevin Reddick, A.J. Klein, Steve Beauharnais

OLB- Chase Thomas, Jelani Jenkins, Gerald Hodges, Cornelius Washington, Sean Porter, Trevardo Williams
    Nice list... I just added a few names in CAPS and threw in my vote/2 cents for some of the guys on the list by bolding, underlining etc. The more emphasis, the more I like the player. Marquess Wilson would be my most coveted player here, but the way the draft is going, the Giants will take him, because they're taking everybody I wanted us to take. On NFL .com the fans have graded their draft a "C" -- insane! They might have gotten Pugh later, they might not. I love all three players they've taken. I like our guys so far, but I'd trade drafts with NYG right now in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Nice list... I just added a few names in CAPS and threw in my vote/2 cents for some of the guys on the list by bolding, underlining etc. The more emphasis, the more I like the player. Marquess Wilson would be my most coveted player here, but the way the draft is going, the Giants will take him, because they're taking everybody I wanted us to take. On NFL .com the fans have graded their draft a "C" -- insane! They might have gotten Pugh later, they might not. I love all three players they've taken. I like our guys so far, but I'd trade drafts with NYG right now in a second.
    Nice additions.

Color me inane but I want Denard Robinson.