Blog Entries

DAMN, OBY trades 5 top Taliban for AWOL soldier

Talk about a hornets nest. OBY really means good by this but can't even come off well when trying to do the right thing.

He just traded 5 top Taliban Commanders from Club Gitmo which he has been trying to close since day 1 for a soldier accused of being AWOL.

The Army thought he was kidnapped in the beginning and sent a platoon out to rescue him but they were wiped out. A surviving member was on TV and livid about going after him saying he deserted his post.

Some vids from Afghanistan say he is disillusioned with an American and being a US soldier. He walked off.

Then OBY makes the announcement in the Rose Garden with the soldier's parents and his father does some Allah praises which infuriated a lot of Americans. He was appealing to the Muslims and hasn't seen his son in two years.

This is a real hornets nest. Experts say the released prisoners will be back on the battlefield within the year while others say we will just get them again but this is a slap in the face to the CIA operatives that caught them in the beginning.

OBY is trying to do the right thing by bringing the American home but he's gonna be facing court martial charges once he's home.

BTW, if he did turn, why are they trading him? Why have then kept him under wraps all this time?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...dier-Gone-AWOL

Blog Entries

Re: DAMN, OBY trades 5 top Taliban for AWOL soldier

My only hope is that each one of those Taliban now has a honing beacon implanted in them for a droid attack. Based on what im hearing being true of course.

It is possible he went temporarily insane, wouldnt be the first soldier to gain a mental disorder at war. In which case hed still be suspect to punishment but bringing him home and getting him help would still be the "right" thing to do, despite the treason. If he is just a sympathizer than he deserves whatever he gets, 6 fold.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Yes, it's possible. Nobody knows. The pressures of combat causes people to do strange things like the Mi Lie-sp Massacre in Vietnam.

I was thinking of the TV series, Homeland, when they turned SGT Brody vs the country after he was captured and imprisoned for 8 years. That was just a show but this crap really happens over there.

Bringing him home is the right thing but the cost is way too high unless they implant a tracking device in the Talibans bodies. There is a chip that can be placed inside one's skin. It doesn't hurt at all. In the future children could be wearing these chips with so many disappearing every year. The chip will tell authorities exactly where the child is anywhere in the world.

They will get them again no matter what. They'll find any of us if they wanna.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-04-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    My only hope is that each one of those Taliban now has a honing beacon implanted in them for a droid attack. Based on what im hearing being true of course.

It is possible he went temporarily insane, wouldnt be the first soldier to gain a mental disorder at war. In which case hed still be suspect to punishment but bringing him home and getting him help would still be the "right" thing to do, despite the treason. If he is just a sympathizer than he deserves whatever he gets, 6 fold.
    Anyone who doesn't think a drone is following them back to their buddies is only kidding themselves.

I could care less about this story. Seems like a kid who became disillusioned with the military and the war...and made a very poor choice. As far as the exchange...the US has a long history of trading money, weapons, hostages, prisoners for POWs. The whole "we don't negotiate with terrorists" has never really been a policy. More like a clever line for movies.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

They know it too.

This trade is like FDR swapping Rommel and Hitler's top 4 generals for a lowly sargeant. Would never happen and POWs stayed locked up for the entire war and for over 8 years in Nam.

What amazes me is that the administration seems to have been surpised by the backlash. It takes an incredible amount of tone deafness and a cocooned existence to believe this political "move" was going to be applauded, and yet it appears the administration was expecting just that.

Then again, the administration has enjoyed an unprecedented level of partisan support from the media to the point that multiple would-be administration-threatening scandals for past presidents have barely scratched this administration. Perhaps this was just a case of a bridge too far.

When Susan Rice (of all people) went on the Sunday talk shows and claimed Bergdahl served "with honor and distinction" despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary (and evidence that was absolutely known to the administration), I was dumfounded by the chutzpah.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    What amazes me is that the administration seems to have been surpised by the backlash. It takes an incredible amount of tone deafness and a cocooned existence to believe this political "move" was going to be applauded, and yet it appears the administration was expecting just that.

Then again, the administration has enjoyed an unprecedented level of partisan support from the media to the point that multiple would-be administration-threatening scandals for past presidents have barely scratched this administration. Perhaps this was just a case of a bridge too far.

When Susan Rice (of all people) went on the Sunday talk shows and claimed Bergdahl served "with honor and distinction" despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary (and evidence that was absolutely known to the administration), I was dumfounded by the chutzpah.
    Truth.

This is quite an odd sort of story...

How "funny"(not haha, odd, weird) would it be if the Military court marshalls this guy and deems him fit for the firing squad...

It just seems like Obama has his chest puffed out proclaiming victory getting this guy back, and the military doesn't seem enthused to get him back. It sort of seems to me like that Cat that brings the dead bird/mouse home to you to proudly proclaim victory, just for you to toss it in the trash and find it "disgusting".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Obama being Obama. Last term, what does he care. Guess a money swap was not being considered. The no man left behind needs to be rethought. Losing more soldiers to recover bodies or other soldiers missing has been costly. This recovered soldier has a lot of explaining to do and won't go quietly into the night. Guess we'll have to stay tuned and see what happens.