Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Any Interest in Ben Ijalana?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Itt's 24 hours, so claims must be placed by today. There should be news by 4:00 today.
    If he clears waivers and I was Ozzie, I'd be all over that. Offer him a 2-3 year deal worth vet minimum. Let him IR and rehab this season and haul ass next spring/summer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

So we cant just IR Streeter without risking losing him? or anyone else under 4 years for that matter
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    A player who is placed on IR does not count toward the roster limit, but non-vested veteran (less than 4 years of service time) must be 'waived - injured' and must pass through waivers before being placed on IR. This rule is in place to make teams think twice about using IR to stash young players on IR.

If the Ravens (or any team) claims a player off of injury waivers and wants to keep him, they must keep him until the 1 st cut down at which time injury waivers no longer applies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    So we cant just IR Streeter without risking losing him? or anyone else under 4 years for that matter
    First i think they need at least somewhat plausible injury before we go IRing but this was my first concern as well. After first cuts it doesnt apply? So last cut it seems safe to put him on IR without risk of losing him. I guess the problem is that they needed the roster spot now and couldnt wait until first cuts to do it safely. Kind of a gamble and honestly there has to be somebody else worth cutting before losing out on a young talent like that. Not sure i understand the thinking here.
    -JAB

Unless he is REALLY injured, Streeter will make the cut - and be on the final 53

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    We can once the first cutdown date arrives. If they want a replacement in they have to go through this same waiver claim process. Honestly is getting an arena league player in for camp worth losing a 2nd round draft pick? Guess the Colts think so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If he clears waivers and I was Ozzie, I'd be all over that. Offer him a 2-3 year deal worth vet minimum. Let him IR and rehab this season and haul ass next spring/summer.
    My understanding is that if he clears waivers he's going to stay with the Colts on IR. Teams need to place a waiver claim to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    First i think they need at least somewhat plausible injury before we go IRing ......,
    Correct. There's been far less stashing over the past couple of years, although the McAdoo to IR last Sept was a pretty obvious IR stash.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

For a Devil's Advocate point of view on Ijalana, here's a tidbit from one of the Dolts' blogs:

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/8/1...og-ben-ijalana

Some conjecture and speculation, perhaps, but one gets the impression Indy was disappointed with Ijalana even apart from the injuries.

Did anyone grab him off waivers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    Did anyone grab him off waivers
    No

Paul Kuharsky ‏@espn_afcsouth
    #Colts OL Ben Ijalana cleared waivers, reverts to Indy IR.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

I would assume that Caldwell was able to provide some valuable insight into Ijalana

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I would assume that Caldwell was able to provide some valuable insight into Ijalana
    Good point.