Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Terrific Ozzie article

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/12/ozzie-...timore-ravens/

Great read here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Terrific Ozzie article

That article lays out why The Wiz is the best in the business. Really great read. I enjoyed every word.

Blog Entries

Outstanding "read" for a man that I have 100% respect for... Bc

Blog Entries

good read Ozz is the best in the Biz, hands down..

Blog Entries

Great article. Thanks for posting.

If anyone is interested in this subject there is an America's Game on NFL Network that's about the Belechick years in Cleveland. You get to see a young Ozzie along with Pioli, Schwartz, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Kokinis and even Kevin Byrne. It's very enlightening. They said that Bill was looking for another Bill. The only one who ever ended up that way out of the whole group was Ozzie.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

If anyone is interested in this subject there is an America's Game on NFL Network that's about the Belechick years in Cleveland. You get to see a young Ozzie along with Pioli, Schwartz, Dimitroff, Savage, Mangini, Kokinis and even Kevin Byrne. It's very enlightening. They said that Bill was looking for another Bill. The only one who ever ended up that way out of the whole group was Ozzie.
    bouy Cleveland had it all at one point didn't they?

Blog Entries

I think that it speaks volumes for him to speak about Billick the way that he did. Friends are not always going to agree on everything and the story about Billick trying to buck Ozzie in front of Art was amazing. To see Art learn from the 96' draft and recognize that Oz is running the show, and make it clear to everyone in the room, was heavy. It would not surprise me in the least if that wasn't the last time that he and Billick disagreed, but he recognized that the 5-11 season wasn't all Billick's doing alone and owned it in front of everyone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm struck by Ozzie's even keel patient approach to everyone. Great Great read. While a lot of us here are fuming and hitting th e panic button I can just picture Ozzie quietly sitting back and saying "What part of I've got this don't you understand" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

Cleveland ’95: A Football Life
    agree -a great show

Blog Entries

This speaks to how Ozzie has landed many of his key Free Agents. Steve McNair not being allowed in the Titans training facility. Denver wanting to get Dumervil to take a pay cut. Anquan Boldin, Daryl Smith, the list goes on.

It really shouldn't surprise anyone anymore, because Ozzie has even admitted that they keep an eye on these type of situations throughout the year. People make it seem like Ozzie lucks up, but he actually anticipates many of these situations.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I'm struck by Ozzie's even keel patient approach to everyone. Great Great read. While a lot of us here are fuming and hitting th e panic button I can just picture Ozzie quietly sitting back and saying "What part of I've got this don't you understand" LOL
    Exactly. Ozzie doesn't panic.

Blog Entries

I read a power ranking that ranked Oz 2d best in the NFL. It was written before last
    year's draft and SB and listed Seattle's GM as the best with the talent JOe Schneider and Pete Carroll have brought in. They haven't been to the SB yet and Seattle lost their only appearance in one years before Pete and Joe arrived when Holmgren ran things.

Ozzie had a ring from over a decade plus heading to 5th straight playoffs,
    more than any other current team at the time of this article.

Then Oz wins the SB after this article was written.

He should have been number 1. Bellicheat made the top 5 but said he's been
    losing it the last few years, especially with his second round picks.

SF was made list with their GM and Jim Harbaugh at #3. They should be listed before Seattle.

Here's the list but great comments on Ozzie like getting Pitta in the 4th round and
    Yanda in the 3rd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...st-at-drafting
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 09-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.