What did the Texans do wrong that we won't?

I'm not entirely sure what to take from the Texans game since they looked entirely outmatched. But what did you take from that game as the biggest mistakes?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Re: What did the Texans do wrong that we won't?

Staying in in their base 3-4/5-2 when the Patriots were constantly flexing their LBs/RBs out against their unathletic LBs. We'll be in Nickel most of the game. They also kept trying to run power plays into Vince Wilfork and Brandon Spikes. They finally adjusted with outside runs, but it was too late. Caldwell will challenges those slow LBs to move laterally with tosses, sweeps and other outside runs.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Staying in in their base 3-4/5-2 when the Patriots were constantly flexing their LBs/RBs out against their unathletic LBs. We'll be in Nickel most of the game. They also kept trying to run power plays into Vince Wilfork and Brandon Spikes. They finally adjusted with outside runs, but it was too late. Caldwell will challenges those slow LBs to move laterally with tosses, sweeps and other outside runs.
    Question being are our LBs athletic enough to cover them? Ray and Ellerbe definitely have issues in pass coverahe

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Question being are our LBs athletic enough to cover them? Ray and Ellerbe definitely have issues in pass coverahe

Probably not, but if we're in nickel, they try to run the ball anyway (see last year's AFC CG). Hopefully our front 6/7 can stop it.

I hope so. I think our defense is going to determine the outcome of this game

Blog Entries

Our defense is smart enough to not give Brady free shots. I think we only had one breakdown in week3 where welker was left open.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Our defense is smart enough to not give Brady free shots. I think we only had one breakdown in week3 where welker was left open.
    Different game different d. Webb was too cool for school