Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He did get rid of the ball quickly. The pass rusher was quicker. He started throwing as soon as he hit the end of his drop. It doesn't get any quicker than that.
    Both times he tried getting the ball out. First Oher got beat so bad and fast nothing would've mattered, although Joe should've known and stepped up(Strip sack), the second time KO got beat so badly(INT) and even on that Joe had no chance, nowhere to go he couldn't step up because Birk was in his lap.

The third was the DB coming unblocked, THAT one I fully blame on Joe he should've audibled out and into a run, or a bootleg away from the DB's.

Wow. Spent the day moving into my apartment and eating Schnitzel and drinking beer. Took a nap and woke up to the news.

This has been a long time coming. It looked to me that the past 2 weeks Harbs finally got fed up with Cam. Especially at the end of the half.

I said it in the off season that when Jim was brought in, that he was Cam's replacement. I don't like the timing. It would have been perfect during the bye week.

I know Jim has never been a OC. But he did work with/for Peyton during his prime. He should know how to use the middle of the field. I'm confident he'll at least be able to call creative plays, use all of the route tree and trust Flacco.

Flacco hasn't liked Cam for a few years now. Remember when Zorn was let go and how unhappy he was about it.

Moving forward this season will be very telling for Joe and this offense. How do they respond to a coaching change in week 14? Will they player harder knowing jobs are on the line, even for a winning team? Will the offensive production change dramaticly?

Are good questions IMO that we all are very eager to find out the answers.

After Sunday's loss I was very emotional. I think I posted "fuck this team. fuck them all". While I would never want my team to lose out like some. There was a feeling that I've had enough. Had enough of the under performing, bad clock management, bad play calling, scheme etc. There's just too much inconsistency week to week quarter to quarter. I have huge doubts about this team going forward, even with this coaching change. If anything changing OCs now could possibly make the offense more inconsistent. The Ravens are a virtual lock to make the playoffs...but I have huge doubts about what this team is capable of and how far their go.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Wow. Spent the day moving into my apartment and eating Schnitzel and drinking beer. Took a nap and woke up to the news.

This has been a long time coming. It looked to me that the past 2 weeks Harbs finally got fed up with Cam. Especially at the end of the half.

I said it in the off season that when Jim was brought in, that he was Cam's replacement. I don't like the timing. It would have been perfect during the bye week.

I know Jim has never been a OC. But he did work with/for Peyton during his prime. He should know how to use the middle of the field. I'm confident he'll at least be able to call creative plays, use all of the route tree and trust Flacco.

Flacco hasn't liked Cam for a few years now. Remember when Zorn was let go and how unhappy he was about it.

Moving forward this season will be very telling for Joe and this offense. How do they respond to a coaching change in week 14? Will they player harder knowing jobs are on the line, even for a winning team? Will the offensive production change dramaticly?

Are good questions IMO that we all are very eager to find out the answers.

After Sunday's loss I was very emotional. I think I posted "fuck this team. fuck them all". While I would never want my team to lose out like some. There was a feeling that I've had enough. Had enough of the under performing, bad clock management, bad play calling, scheme etc. There's just too much inconsistency week to week quarter to quarter. I have huge doubts about this team going forward, even with this coaching change. If anything changing OCs now could possibly make the offense more inconsistent. The Ravens are a virtual lock to make the playoffs...but I have huge doubts about what this team is capable of and how far their go.
    hey man I was there too I couldn't imagine this Ravens team being so gutless, thats one thing I prided myself asa raven fan was that we were never a gutless team but from pees and cam we have became very fuckin gutless something had to be done, pees better watch his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Both times he tried getting the ball out. First Oher got beat so bad and fast nothing would've mattered, although Joe should've known and stepped up(Strip sack), the second time KO got beat so badly(INT) and even on that Joe had no chance, nowhere to go he couldn't step up because Birk was in his lap.

The third was the DB coming unblocked, THAT one I fully blame on Joe he should've audibled out and into a run, or a bootleg away from the DB's.
    I dont blame KO on the Int. He had TWO guys to block. The problem was no TE and worse no RB in backfeild to chip. If their was a RB in backfeild likely no blitz at all, but RR was spit wide Right at the SIDELINE. Never go empty backfeild with no TE's. On 3rd and 5 you have a back to keep defense honest, and block or use as release valve. JUST AWFUL PLAY CALL.

Blog Entries

They need to fire Cam Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Okay. The point is there are teams who have played well despite being decimated by injuries. You said there weren't any, asked for "a" defense that still played well despite injuries. I gave you one, maybe two.

Pees may not be making this unit perform very well, I don't think that alone would be grounds to fire him.
    Still, both the Packers and the Giants can't be compared to what you are saying.
    For the Packers, some of their defensive injuries actually brought in players that were awfully good.
    Their big loss on defense was MLB Barnett.
    The other players not so much of an impact.
    The Packers had playmakers all over that defense that were not injured.

The Ravens have loss their ONE rusher (NFL Defensive player of the year), their leader in Ray, their best cover corner, another young corner, a defensive lineman, AND then add in the losses in free agency.
    We lost Redding, Jarret Johnson, and both backup safeties.
    That's a lot of turnover AND playmakers in critical spots.
    The losses on the Dline enable everything else to happen.
    Every team has all day to throw, which makes the backend look even worse.
    But they can run all day because we ahve no body that can hold their ground AND Ngata has been playing hurt.
    We now have backups of backups playing at linebacker.

None of that was the case for the Packers.
    But the Dline trouble is similar to the Giants.
    The Giants stunk up the field on defense UNTIL their starters on the Dline came back.
    Then they had a 4 man rush where anyone of them can get to the QB in a hurry.
    If everyone got healthy, we still don't have any kind of rush like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Never underestimate the power of schnitzel!!!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Never underestimate the power of schnitzel!!!
    Schnitzel is now my lucky food. Eating it before every game.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    They need to fire Cam Cameron.
    Never happen. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    hey man I was there too I couldn't imagine this Ravens team being so gutless, thats one thing I prided myself asa raven fan was that we were never a gutless team but from pees and cam we have became very fuckin gutless something had to be done, pees better watch his ass.
    I agree. Just seemed like the offense would get a led and then play scared...like lets not mess this up. Very rarely do they step on everybody's throat.

Any of you that think Harbaugh had anything to do with Cameron being fired today are dreaming. Harbaugh has about the same level of authority as you or me.
    He is a glorified cheerleader.

sent from my 'who gives a shit'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I dont blame KO on the Int. He had TWO guys to block. The problem was no TE and worse no RB in backfeild to chip. If their was a RB in backfeild likely no blitz at all, but RR was spit wide Right at the SIDELINE. Never go empty backfeild with no TE's. On 3rd and 5 you have a back to keep defense honest, and block or use as release valve. JUST AWFUL PLAY CALL.
    He let the DE come across his face so fast he couldn't react. It was a bad angle on his part.