Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: "Experts" pick Giants

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    This.

I don't know why some of us are acting so indignant about doubt from the media.
    The problem is that you're being so one-sided about it. The Giants have collapsed too, yet a lot of people here try to pretend that they haven't.

The giants are big ern, and the ravens are going to get munsoned.

For everyone clamoring that the experts have jumped off the Ravens bandwagon because they've played shit football all season except for the first half of the first quarter of the first game of the season then why aren't the Giants and Steelers being treated the same way?

Both teams especially the Steelers have played pretty crappy all year but (cue Kevlar and company) they are champions and the Giants turn it on this time of year and the Steelers are unbeatable with Ben blah blah blah bullshit.

The Ravens have been to two AFC title games and to the playoffs each of the last 5 years and 6 of the last 7 largely with this same core. They've won big games and are proven so why aren't they being given some chance to succeed? Oh that's right the Steelers, Washington and Denver throttled them and showed that the Ravens belong in the bottom third of the league. Wait a minute, someone's telling me that the Ravens led by 10 in the fourth qtr. against Pitt and 8 in the final minutes against Washington. That can't be true but it is correct that Denver beat them so badly that the Ravens quit and said fuck the season, right?

The bottom line is this, the media will always lean towards the National and big market teams. As a Raven fan, I am not saying be a blind homer but realistically look at this team and at least given them a chance tomorrow versus completely flushing them down the toilet like the shit you dump in the porcelain commode in your house.

If you look at two of the last three games the Ravens killed themselves not the other team. Denver outclassed them and realistically the Ravens only had a small chance of winning that game against arguably the most complete team in the league led by arguably the greatest QB of all time. Fuck the Donks won 8 games with no QB to speak of last year. Now look at them.

The Ravens are what they are which is a good team that's horribly flawed on both sides of the ball but so is the other team they are facing on Sunday at M&T.

Now if you want to say the Ravens are going to the SB then I'd tell you to pass the weed cause it must be good.

The Gnats aren't that good. They caught lightening in a bottle and benefited from a dropped punt by a backup in the NFCCG and a an overthrown Brady pass to WW in the SB. They caught ALL the breaks, its a game of inches. They are 17-13 over the past 2 years. Not great, but have been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is acting like the Giants are some great team that's gonna come whoop our ass. Their corners stink and they don't defend the run that well.

This should be a game we can win. It all comes down to protecting Joe. Joe can produce when he is protected. It was just two weeks ago that he threw 3 TD's in the first half of a game.

If we can run the ball effectively we will win. If not I don't see it. The key is Caldwell being willing to compromise extra receivers (Pierce, Leach, Rice, Pitta, Dickson) for extra blockers in the passing game.
    Of their last 3 losses, the Ravens should have won 2 of them...only the Broncos game were they outclassed, and even there much of the damage was self-inflicted.

Yes, the Giants are a flawed team and very beatable...but that implies that the opponent makes enough plays, or more to the point, doesn't make that many mistakes on their own, to win.

And frankly, the Ravens have been far from that team for about a month now. Could that change today? Sure, I just wouldn't expect it to.

Rich Eisen on game day morning:

"Joe Flacco has been a piñata behind that offensive line, he's also been a piñata for Ravens fans"

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    The problem is that you're being so one-sided about it. The Giants have collapsed too, yet a lot of people here try to pretend that they haven't.
    They have. They've also put together some very impressive games against very good teams (Packers and 'Niners).

They're a very schizophrenic team. The Ravens are very banged up. It doesn't look good.

But I'm not waving the white flag. You still have to go out and play, and if they correct some things they definitely have a chance. In all three losses, there were big mental lapses on offense and defense that contributed to the loss. Reed and Johnson were caught gambling. Flacco's had his mistakes, and so has the rest of the offense.

On the bright side, I though Caldwell called a better game than Cameron has all year, especially given our o-line woes. Flacco was hurried and hit a lot in the first half against the Broncos, but he wasn't sacked. He had a lot more quick opportunities to get rid of the balll, which is why he wasn't sacked. In the second half, facing a big deficit and having to force things, the sacks picked up. But if the players do a better job executing what Caldwell was calling, the Ravens will be able to stay in the game.

If Flacco had put a little more air under that pass to Boldin and led him towards the pylon, that might have made it 10-7 Broncos with the Ravens getting the ball right back for the second half. It could have been a very different game.

When you're banged up this bad, it's even more imperative you play sound, fundamental, disciplined football. I hope Harbaugh and the coaching staff have been preaching that all week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    Rich Eisen on game day morning:

"Joe Flacco has been a piñata behind that offensive line, he's also been a piñata for Ravens fans"

USAToday article on which Team should take Tebow. "Baltimore Ravens - they already have a non-elite QB"

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    USAToday article on which Team should take Tebow. "Baltimore Ravens - they already have a non-elite QB"
    HA.

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

It seems that the experts with their NY-tinted glasses could not see the obvious once again. The Giants are an average team that just happened to catch lightning in a bottle last January. The Giants are not as bad as they looked these past two weeks, but the Ravens are much better than they looked the past few weeks. And at home they are a much better team than the Giants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    It seems that the experts with their NY-tinted glasses could not see the obvious once again. The Giants are an average team that just happened to catch lightning in a bottle last January. The Giants are not as bad as they looked these past two weeks, but the Ravens are much better than they looked the past few weeks. And at home they are a much better team than the Giants.
    All true but after last week I couldn't blame anyone for picking the Giants. The Ravens were that putrid against the Broncos. I don't think it has anything to do with a NY bias. If there was a bias it was a Super Bowl Champion bias.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If there was a bias it was a Super Bowl Champion bias.
    You must have missed the "lightning in a bottle" part.