Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Coincidence or Conpiracy?

Getting ready for the games yesterday I thought it was odd the New England was playing @ 4:25 against a team already out of the playoffs,

Now Denver I get playing 4:25 as the are out west.

But is is just a coincidence that New England game got flexed and not Houston so both New England and Denver could go into their games knowing what they're playing for?

Methinks it was setup since the NFL would LOVE to have Brady vs. Manning at least one last time in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see a few ticky tack calls go NE and Denver's way next round (whether we're in it or not).

Re: Coincidence or Conpiracy?

That tin foil hat bothering you again, huh?

Blog Entries

It just ratings. Patriots are a big draw no matter who they play. The Texans and Colts aren't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's just a little itchy...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It just ratings. Patriots are a big draw no matter who they play. The Texans and Colts aren't.
    I don't know about that. IN a meaningful game, probably. But not against the Dolphins. Knowing they had to win and playing in Foxsboro, who honestly thought that game would be close?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Getting ready for the games yesterday I thought it was odd the New England was playing @ 4:25 against a team already out of the playoffs,

Now Denver I get playing 4:25 as the are out west.

But is is just a coincidence that New England game got flexed and not Houston so both New England and Denver could go into their games knowing what they're playing for?

Methinks it was setup since the NFL would LOVE to have Brady vs. Manning at least one last time in the playoffs. I would not be surprised to see a few ticky tack calls go NE and Denver's way next round (whether we're in it or not).
    The move was obvious and actually had to be made. That way both NE and Denver had something to play for making the games meaningful for the players on the field, fans in the stadium and those watching the game.

Blog Entries
    It's just a little itchy...

I don't know about that. IN a meaningful game, probably. But not against the Dolphins. Knowing they had to win and playing in Foxsboro, who honestly thought that game would be close?
    Pats/Dolphins are usually very good games. This was the exception. If you are CBS and you are looking for ratings that's where you go.

Blog Entries

Well, how about this than.

A benefit of not moving the Texans/Colts (or not moving either of them) is both Denver and NE knew what to play for.

Regardless of that, I do think the NFL would love for the Brady vs. Manning match up and we might see a few calls go their way, and before anyone thinks I'm wearing a tinfoil hat (HR) lets not pretend we've never seen that happen.

I'm sorry, but the idea Refs make certain calls to help certain teams is absurd.

It's all about ratings. Nothing more.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but the idea Refs make certain calls to help certain teams is absurd.

It's all about ratings. Nothing more.
    Really?

You don't remember 2005 Colts vs Steelers playoff game? That game was over 5 or 6 times if not for bad calls, most obvious is the Troy Polamalu interception, that wasn't.

OR do you not remember the Steelers vs Seahawks Superbowl. there is no way that many bad calls are just happen in one game.

Really?

You don't remember 2005 Colts vs Steelers playoff game? That game was over 5 or 6 times if not for bad calls, most obvious is the Troy Polamalu interception, that wasn't.

OR do you not remember the Steelers vs Seahawks Superbowl. there is no way that many bad calls are just happen in one game.
    Come on man. Really?

Blog Entries

Come on man. Really?
    Not only yeah, but hell yeah!

I remember that Colts/Steelers game and was talking to a friend on the phone, 3 or 4 times we hung up and called back becuase it was over and then the Colts got calls that kept the game going.

And that non-interception (that took several minutes to decide it wasn't) was either the worst call ever by a good official or clearly trying to keep the game going.

And lets not get started on that SuperBowl. I'll just ask this, what is the likley hood that many missed or wrong calls happen in one game for one team?

EDIT: I also forgot this:
    Polamalu's overturned interception wasn't the only unusual call. Earlier in the game, when the Steelers were preparing to go for a fourth-and-inches from the Pittsburgh 48, two Colts defensive lineman ran across the line of scrimmage, pointing at the Steelers as if one of the linemen moved.

The officials stopped the game, but called no penalty.

Replays appeared to show Alan Faneca barely flinched. But Steelers coach Bill Cowher argued the Colts made contact with the linemen, which would have forced an offside call and a first down. Instead, Ben Roethlisberger ran a quarterback sneak for a first down, which allowed Pittsburgh to use another 5:02 before punting.

I find that putting on a watch cap first and THEN the tin foil helps me!

It's those Damned black helicopters I can't seem to shake!