Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed to Houston?

Well Ray shopped himself around and made a big show of being interested in signing other places before finally accepting a deal to stay in Baltimore. What Ed's doing is very similar and at a similar stage in his career - his last contract.

I remember that the Jets chose to sign Bart Scott for $48 million and passed on Ray, who they could have had cheaper. Lucky for us.

Does Ed have two tickets to Baltimore? Stay tuned, only eddie money knows.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Does Ed have two tickets to Baltimore? Stay tuned, only eddie money knows.LOL

You mean the Houston owner wouldn't fly him back to Baltimore on his personal plane?

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Source says Texans were closer to $5 million per year with Ed Reed, not $6 million to $7 million avg. he's looking for. Talks to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Source says Texans were closer to $5 million per year with Ed Reed, not $6 million to $7 million avg. he's looking for. Talks to continue.
    If this is the case, than I doubt Ozzie is looking at $5 million, or Reed would be on his way back here.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    If this is the case, than I doubt Ozzie is looking at $5 million, or Reed would be on his way back here.
    Perhaps they could do a 3 year deal with him?
    (hoping they can cut him/he'll retire in year 3..but still finish his career a Raven)

Like 3/17.5 9 guaranteed, and a 1.5 base (this cap stuff is not my strong suit)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

I love the guy but Ozzie isn't giving him 5m, no way. For years Ed has pulled the bait and switch off season drama on us to the point where we've grown a thick skin and just stopped listening to him. This year is an improvement, he's taken it on the road and created grief and drama for the Texans. He might as well make this one his best performance since it's likely his last act. Eventually he shows up ready to play like nothing happened. This year though it doesn't look like it will be in Baltimore.

Ed's eating a bit of humble pie tonight.

I think you can count Houston out at this point.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ed's eating a bit of humble pie tonight.

I think you can count Houston out at this point.
    why

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Could be that Ravens were willing to go 2 yrs/$8Mil, the Texans offered 2yrs/$9Mil, and Ed is still hoping to find someone that'll pay him $10-$12.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    why
    Rarely do you see a player leave a city without a deal then sign with that team later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Rarely do you see a player leave a city without a deal then sign with that team later.
    Yeah, I'd imagine they spent all that tie trying to sell him on everything else since they could get there on the money.