Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How does Pee's react?

If in fact Suggs misses the entire season and guys like Kindle, Kruger and Upshaw don't step up and adequately fill his shoes then you better believe Pees will dial back the pressure and exotic schemes. Everything is now predicated on whether these guys step up. Even more of a reason for the offense to step up it's game.

Blog Entries

Just so everyone knows, Dean Pees had a pretty successful career in New England as the DC. In each of his seasons, the Patriots defense ranked in the top 10. I'm not really sure what sort of blitz schemes he used to use, but I know that the Patriots pass rush was always pretty good between 2006 and 2009, and that was working with a less talented defensive team than what the Ravens have right now, even without Suggs.

I think they held him back last year so he could learn the playbook better and make sure he was totally healed. I just hope he doesn't shy away from hitting bc of the head injury. They probably figured it was no rush bring him back since they had players at OLB anyway
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Idk, this may just be me but even if this was Kindle rookie season i find it hard to think that once OTA's, Training Camp and Preseason is done that they wouldnt have him up to speed enough to at least rush the QB 10 to 15 snaps per game. No assignments or reads...just go get the QB. If he proves he can handle more fine but he should at least be able to go after the QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Idk, this may just be me but even if this was Kindle rookie season i find it hard to think that once OTA's, Training Camp and Preseason is done that they wouldnt have him up to speed enough to at least rush the QB 10 to 15 snaps per game. No assignments or reads...just go get the QB. If he proves he can handle more fine but he should at least be able to go after the QB.
    Those snaps were taken by Kruger last year because Kruger was behing JJ.

Now that JJ's gone and Kruger is likely going to be starting those 10-15 snaps of just "get get'em" can go to Kindle.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Those snaps were taken by Kruger last year because Kruger was behing JJ.

Now that JJ's gone and Kruger is likely going to be starting those 10-15 snaps of just "get get'em" can go to Kindle.
    My thoughts exactly, and i dont think thats too much to ask. The physical is there, hopefully this offseason will get him up to speed on the mental. And thats not to say he doesnt know what he's doing, to some extent im sure he doesnt but if your playing behind Suggs, JJ and Kruger and your a meh ST player then you will have trouble getting on the field. You put him on a team that doesnt have as much talent maybe he's already a sub package rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I agree totally but I am more worried about him not going all out bc of he head injury. There are ways around the hearing isssue
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Here's Jamison's opinion as to changes in scheme this year
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-without-suggs

In general, I think he's right on. The Ravens will have one of the deepest CB units in the league next year and Ed Reed on the back end. Leverage that and blitz, blitz, blitz.

Bigger issue will be how they play the run. With Suggs, the Ravens could stop most teams running even in the nickel (except the Pats in the Championship game but at that point Ngata was likely quite injured). Without Suggs, you have to think teams are going to be able to matchup a lot more effectively against the Ravens personnel. 2 CBs pass, 3 CBs run it. Silver lining might be that in their base package, JJ had become a pass coverage liability which hopefully will be tightened up depending on who takes over for him.

Either way, time for the young guys on the front 7 to step up.

Blog Entries

I may be alone in this thought, but IMO the guy who needs to step up the most is not Kindle or Kruger or Upshaw. It's Art Jones.

When Corey Redding was out there on the field and able to really get into it and generate pass rush the entire defense played a lot better. Jones is bigger than Redding, but he's pretty damn athletic too. He'll likely be a starter with McPhee working in behind him.

Art Jones could really be a major catalyst for opening things up along the DL for Ngata, Cody, Kruger, Upshaw, and whoever else.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I may be alone in this thought, but IMO the guy who needs to step up the most is not Kindle or Kruger or Upshaw. It's Art Jones.

When Corey Redding was out there on the field and able to really get into it and generate pass rush the entire defense played a lot better. Jones is bigger than Redding, but he's pretty damn athletic too. He'll likely be a starter with McPhee working in behind him.

Art Jones could really be a major catalyst for opening things up along the DL for Ngata, Cody, Kruger, Upshaw, and whoever else.
    Your definetely not alone, im pushing for Jones to start in place of Redding...thus keeping Mcphee in his role as a pass rusher while he also evolves and gets more snaps. I think it would be the best way to utilize both players.

Art has been putting serious work in the offseason with his brother, he's another guy I'm excited to see consider (if not for injury) he could have been drafter much higher.

Is Michael McAdoo going to bring anything, this year?