Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corey Graham

Re: Corey Graham

He would start on most teams, the Bears fans wanted him to start this year. Had 3 picks in limited duty last year and 1 in his first start tonight. Secondary played well as a whole. The PI on Williams was very ticky tack to say the least.

Blog Entries

In the offseason I thought Graham was our best signing. Obviously that's been Jacoby Jones but Graham has been everything you could have asked for so far

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    He has been a great pickup. Let Carey walk next year, keep Graham. At least he looks for the ball once in a while. That ball that hit Williams in the back, I mean...C'MON MAN!!!!
    Cary's leaving regardless but he played well (save for the PI). He trailed Mike Wallace all over the field and really contained him. BTW, he is really fast in person.

Blog Entries

Speaking of next man up, Ellerbe again earned some props as well. Two broken thumbs and the guy seemed to be in on every tackle.

I know everyone is down on Cary, but he did have a tough assignment tonight and played pretty well. In fact he seems to be getting strong every game, which tends to make me think he was/is still recovering from his surgery on some level. Id see how the end of the season goes, and what he gets on the market. Clearly DB depth is something that well continue to need going forward.

without those players stepping up big for injured guys we wouldnt have won that game. In Ozzie we trust.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Speaking of next man up, Ellerbe again earned some props as well. Two broken thumbs and the guy seemed to be in on every tackle.

without those two players stepping up big for injured guys we wouldnt have won that game. In Ozzie we trust.
    Ellerbe has been a stud this year, no way around that, and he needs to be resigned this year, McClain needs to be released. Draft CJ Moseley and put him next to Ellerbe, and your set at ILB for the next decade. Hopefully get Ray Lewis to coach the LB's too.

It really is quite amazing that we are still winning big games being down to our reserve players on defense.

Overall last night was a great win for Ozzie and shows just how important picking up the right players through Free Agency is in adding depth.

All of the players who made the difference making plays last night were FA pick ups- Jacoby Jones, Johnson, Corey Graham, Pollard and Ihedigbo. Even Justin Tucker, who's field goals were the deciding points, was a UDFA.

None of these were players that broke the bank either and last night was full vindication for Ozzie's 'Right player, right price' mantra.

You could also throw in the trade for Anquan Boldin, which whilst obviously more expensive than the above players it was moving the chains performances like last night (in the first half at least) against teams like Pittsburgh that he was brought in for.

Blog Entries

great ST signing ;) glad he got his chance to play and made the most of it. Fine job

Love seeing these ST guys making an impact.

Blog Entries

I know everyone is down on Cary, but he did have a tough assignment tonight and played pretty well. In fact he seems to be getting strong every game, which tends to make me think he was/is still recovering from his surgery on some level. Id see how the end of the season goes, and what he gets on the market. Clearly DB depth is something that well continue to need going forward.

without those players stepping up big for injured guys we wouldnt have won that game. In Ozzie we trust.
    He almost had a pick too.

Prob would have if it were not for his thumbs.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Kind of unrelated, but anyone notice how much better Cary was while in press coverage? The play that the ball hit him in the back, was perfect coverage. Takes a lot of balls to press on of the fastest WR's in the NFL. Hopefully we see more of this, because I thought he looked better.

I think its clear that Suggs' return has had a major impact on improving this defense. If Cam Cameron survives again to return in 2013 it will only be because of the Raven's defense. It doesn't matter how much offensive talent you give Cam he doesn't know how to use it in a 21st century NFL offense.

Regarding Cary he has gotten a little better with every game. I saw him press a couple of times and was shocked. Perhaps he couldnt press because of his slow recovery from hip surgery because when you press you better be ready to move those hips.