Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im saying ive had worse cuts by going through a briar patch but yet thats being thrown about as proof he was about to die.
    That must have been quite the briar patch ....

gz2.jpg

gz1.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

gz2.jpg

gz1.jpg
    The ones on his head... yeah. broken nose, no i havent broken my nose in a briar patch.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

gz2.jpg

gz1.jpg
    Just showed this to a co-worker who made an interesting comment. "Looks like he got he ass kicked. Must not have been in a fight before if he feared for his life cause of an ass kickin'."

Just some food for thought.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Good thought it was a dog attack at first. does that make his less convincing?
    He thought it was a dog fight before he went out and looked. She went out and looked and couldn't tell if it were men or women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Just showed this to a co-worker who made an interesting comment. "Looks like he got he ass kicked. Must not have been in a fight before if he feared for his life cause of an ass kickin'."

That comment doesn't really make sense. At least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That comment doesn't really make sense. At least to me.
    Maybe its our twisted sense of humor.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Maybe its our twisted sense of humor.
    or maybe its all relative?

Ive seen a lot worse results from a fight that didnt end with somebody getting shot for fear of their life. including one that a gun was drawn but never used. so when i say ive gotten worse from a briar patch, its said in jest but also true. that doesnt mean that Zimmerman didnt fear for his life, but in the same situation somebody else may not have.

I dont know how that really relates to the case unless maybe the jurors have similar experiences, which id say is doubtful.
    -JAB

I understand where he's coming from, but there's a lot wrong with this line of thinking.

First, at what point does just "an ass kickin" turn into one blow away from being fatal? One awkward blow to the head and he could have been paralyzed, sent into a coma, or any number of things. Secondly, this is entirely moot, since Zimmerman stated he feared for his life, and there is no one, true, objective account of when it is acceptable to fear for your life.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I understand where he's coming from, but there's a lot wrong with this line of thinking.

First, at what point does just "an ass kickin" turn into one blow away from being fatal? One awkward blow to the head and he could have been paralyzed, sent into a coma, or any number of things. Secondly, this is entirely moot, since Zimmerman stated he feared for his life, and there is no one, true, objective account of when it is acceptable to fear for your life.
    Thats the thing...its all very subjective. One right (or bad) blow in any fight can cause threatening injuries or even death. But not every fight does. Zimmerman feared for his life...but someone else can look at the situation and say "No way he should've feared for his life."

This is why I think its either gonna end in a hung jury or a not guilty verdict.

It really comes down to being mounted, imo. In a standing/scrambling fight I don't see any way how Zimmerman could "reasonably" claim justified deadly force here. But if you assume he could not extricate himself from the fight, then the fear can be "reasonably" defended, imo. Even if the injuries sustained are considered minor (and I do consider them to be minor), the helplessness of the situation makes it hard to dismiss the claimed fear. As has been said, one hard smack of the skull to pavement in one half-second of time instantly makes the injuries go from minor to great.

And as for whether he was mounted, I don't see any real evidence that this was not the case. All we have are Zimmerman's word and semi-conflicting (but slightly favoring corroborating) testimony from other witnesses on the subject.

Blog Entries

I agree Haloti being mounted changes ever blow from minor to HOLY CRAP GET ME OUT OF HERE.

And the thing what I think is getting over-looked a bit is that these where the injuries up and until the shot was fired. So while those injuries the we see may not be life -threating had those same exact injuries continued it's possible the could have been deadly.

One question I have is... Did Zimmerman shot Martin while lying on his back, or did he manage to get to his feet first, or even a couching position? I don't recall Zimmerman ever saying what position he was in when he pulled the trigger.