Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6364656667 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Ed Reed to Houston

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think he pulls a Searcy, but he won't play until he's 100% so who knows when that will be. I am absolutely of the belief that he does only one year there and calls it a career. Something tells me his heart won't be in it.
    i was going to write the same thing

Blog Entries
    No problem with him getting that last payday but it would've been nice if he had gone out as a Raven with Ray.
    Also no problem if he goes on IR and takes their guaranteed money.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Texans are still in the dark about Ed

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2222/ed-reed

According to the Houston Chronicle, "nobody has any clue" when new Texans FS Ed Reed (hip surgery) will be healthy and ready to play.

Despite optimism from Houston's front office, pretty much all signs point toward Reed being damaged goods. It appears the Texans were #Ozzied. Reed himself has been wholly noncommittal on his return timetable. Turning 35 in September, there's a legitimate chance Reed is the Texans' next version of Ahman Green

WOW I thought this thread was old, so it looks like Mike Pringle's brother works at Rotoworld. I still don't like hearing someone bad mouthing future HOF Ed Reed, but I hope Ed is OK from all the punishment he took those years playing with the Ravens.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Texans are still in the dark about Ed

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2222/ed-reed
    Ravens fans knew this was coming. Reed has been playing hurt for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houston fans are having a mixed reaction...most say it doesn't matter as long as he's healthy for the playoffs. Other say they signed another veteran who won't live up to their contract.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100505
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

If local sports talk radio is any indicator, lots of Texans fans are pissed.

I don't blame them either. Reed went from saying he's be ready for camp, to ready for week one, to missing A game to now possibly missing multiple games.

The ones that are saying "as long as he's ready for the playoffs" are kidding themselves. One, he won't be football ready. Two, that's a dreadful investment on their part.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Blog Entries

Reed will end up on PUP. He'll come back mid way and be effective. We saw the exact same thing happen here. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a player like that but I doubt this will be like Tony Boselli or Ahman Green was for the Texans.

Blog Entries

I'll say it again: Ed Reed picked the Texans....................pockets.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    No problem with him getting that last payday but it would've been nice if he had gone out as a Raven with Ray.
    Also no problem if he goes on IR and takes their guaranteed money.
    I've wondered if possibly Ed did not want to do that. His career he has been spoken of as the best to play the position, but it's always been Ray's Team, Ray's Defense, Ray's the general, etc. I know Ed is not the type to really want a ton of attention, but I wonder would he really want to share his HOF induction with Ray too? Might that have been part of the reason for his signing elsewhere even if he knew or at least highly suspected he wouldn't be ready to play?

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    I've wondered if possibly Ed did not want to do that. His career he has been spoken of as the best to play the position, but it's always been Ray's Team, Ray's Defense, Ray's the general, etc. I know Ed is not the type to really want a ton of attention, but I wonder would he really want to share his HOF induction with Ray too? Might that have been part of the reason for his signing elsewhere even if he knew or at least highly suspected he wouldn't be ready to play?
    I love Ed, but with him, you never know.
    Maybe Ed doubted his ability to even perform at his "age 30+" level of play. Since the neck, shoulder and hip problems, that is. And if he was also thinking about his on-field legacy this spring then maybe he thought it best to get out of [this] town with his still preserved. Doesn't really explain why he just didn't retire though, so maybe you're on to something BPF2.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'll say it again: Ed Reed picked the Texans....................pockets.
    LOL! Very true