Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. One Year Anniversary...

Today is the one year anniversary of the greatest game in Ravens history from a year ago. The Miracle in Mile High! I can't believe it's already been a year. I don't think I'm ever going to come off of cloud 9 from winning that game!!!

Blog Entries

Re: One Year Anniversary...

3. Re: One Year Anniversary...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    HA! I could only imagine how crazy Gus would be going if he called that game. Dan Dierdorf and Greg Gumble were sleeping through the whole game...and of course talking more about how Denver lost the game rather than us winning it.

Which reminds me...why did Gus sign with Fox if he knew he wouldn't be able to do tournament games? The NCAA Tournament was good for 3 things: 1. Upsets 2. Blowing money on bracket pools 3. Gus Johnson. Now all he does is call mostly irrelevant college football games (the Missouri bowl game gave us a glimpse of what we were missing!).

Hopefully Fox brings him back as an NFL announcer soon.

Blog Entries

I would have much rather heard that than Diedorks, " how do you let that happen"? Nevermind that Joe and JJ both had to make incredible plays, let's ignore that and focus on the defense. That play should go down as one of the best playoff plays in Nfl history but because of the commentary a lot of people outside of Baltimore see it as a fluke.

Blog Entries

Gerry Sandusky and Q's radio call is forever etched in my mind.

"Denver rushes 3...Flacco...steps up...throws deep....far sideline....Jacoby Jones...HAS IT AT THE 20! (Q: AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!) Jacoby Jones....Touchdown....RAVENS! And the miracle has been answered!"

To hear the unfiltered joy in Q's reaction...that's just awesome.

Lots of fans forget how special last year was. I'll take this year because of what we got to see last year.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    ... Lots of fans forget how special last year was. I'll take this year because of what we got to see last year.
    I sure do too. Nobody should take what the Ravens did in 2012 for granted. So many teams haven't won, or even appeared in, the Super Bowl. We Ravens fans are so fortunate to have gone through the 2000 and 2012 runs through the playoffs on to Championships. IMO, due to our FO's due diligence, we will see more regular season and playoff victories in the near future... Bc

Blog Entries

Its been a year already how time flies. I was in Jacksons sports bar and grill in Wyo with some friends amongst a sea of donkey fans i was being heckled the whole game it was me and maybe 2 other raven fans decked out..nothin like hittin the ray lewis dance in the middle of Jacksons then walking out LOL priceless memory..

I'm too young to have seen the '58 Championship Game, but to me, this was the greatest football game I've ever seen in my lifetime. Dare I could even say that objectively even if I wasn't a Ravens fan. Double OT game with the score tied at the end of each of the first 5 quarters.

And to Ravens fan, the Mile High Miracle has the same type of singular significance as a major world breaking news event. You'll forever know exactly where you were and what you were doing the exact moment Joe connected with Jacoby, 3rd and 3, 44 seconds left from the Baltimore 30, and you know the rest.

I can watch that play over and over again and I will never get sick of it.

Blog Entries

Jacoby Jones owns the Ravens greatest TD catch ever!

Blog Entries

And the hay is in the barn!

Will never forget that game. Great thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    Today is the one year anniversary of the greatest game in Ravens history from a year ago. The Miracle in Mile High! I can't believe it's already been a year. I don't think I'm ever going to come off of cloud 9 from winning that game!!!
    I still get goose bumps when I think about it.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

This was and will remain, one of the greatest playoff games in NFL history, right there with the "heat bowl" game in the early 80's between Miami and San Diego, the "comeback" game in 92 between Buffalo and Houston, the "Hail Mary" game, "Sea of Hands", and "Immaculate Reception". It is the stuff of legend. I remember thinking after that TD, "Holy Shit, this is the greatest game I have seen in decades, PLEASE win this now so that I can savor it the rest of my life in a good way!". Poor Denver fans, to be on the losing end of a game like this is brutal. Must feel like Cleveland.

The thing I loved about this game was, that it was two heavyweights, slugging it out toe to toe, with two quarterbacks dueling and playing at a high level. The cold weather made it that much more special. Even though Denver was the "favorite", you could tell from early on that the Ravens were their equal, if not even better. The two special teams TD's kept Denver in the game, then Manning took over, only to have Flacco come up with one of the greatest plays in NFL history. The Mile High Miracle was one of the greatest throws you'll ever see. Watching that replay, it's interesting, a year later, you can clearly see that *everyone*, even Jacoby who is playing it as if it's going to be an underthrow, underestimates how far Joe could throw the ball, and Jacoby happens to be the first guy to see that it's going way further than expected. They then key on Jacoby, who suddenly realizes it's going deeper, and sees this first and accelerates to it, leaving the defenders who are now out of position to helplessly watch it sail over their heads and hands. Thank god he caught it!

What a game...