Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Steelers offensive line is going to struggle a lot this season (again)

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pittsburgh will be fine if they can stay healthy. However, that seems to be an issue for them.
    The offseason has been an unmitigated disaster for them so far. They have no depth due to a top heavy roster with salary,missed draft picks, and question marks all over the place on both sides of the ball.

If Jen can stay upright they will probably be 8-8 at least, but anyone who thinks this team is one of the best in the AFC has a screw loose.
    Last edited by TheJoeFlaccoShow; 08-26-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    If Jen can stay upright they will probably be 8-8 at least, but anyone who thinks this team is one of the best in the AFC has a screw loose.
    I would like to agree with you, but I have written them off so many times in years past, only to have them figure out a way into the playoffs.

All I heard all offseason was how good their line will be. Now we see Adams is a long ways away and Decastro is done for the year. Same lame Oline. Last night almost every pass play they were getting pushed back into Ben. Outside of Rainey I don't think they have a back who runs a sub 5 second 40. All their backs look slow. Better get Wallace back or they will battling the Browns for 3rd. Love it.

2006 they didn't get in the playoffs. 2009 they didn't get in the playoffs.

It just isn't a given that the Steelers will get in every single year.
    Especially with their cap situation handcuffing them this offseason, and an injury list a mile long. And we haven't even played a real fame yet.

Not only are they not better at any position from last year, they got worse at a number of them. Much worse, due to injury and completey unproven players being relied upon to start or play significant snaps.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Interestingly, NFL.com is reporting that he did tear his ACL and is done for the season.
    NFL.com has now clarified its story to be in-line with Schefter's.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

No ACL tear (which would have definitely ended his season). As it is, he is apparently going to miss a lot of time.

Blog Entries
    Torn mcl could potentially be the rest of the season too. Not as bad as acl, but still bad.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

"Well, I just saw him, (and his) spirits are high," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime Saturday night. "We don't obviously know -- well, I don't know what the official word is. This is a great field, but it's FieldTurf, and it's just killing guys because they can't get their feet out of the ground, and it's just another reason we should get rid of FieldTurf.
    So Roethlisberger is bitching about FieldTurf when Heinz Stadium has arguably the worst field in football and has accounted for countless injuries?

Blog Entries
    You'd think he would want the field turf so he can claim all sorts of new injuries he can "tough out" on the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Source: DeCastro is expected to miss 3-5 months
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
    David DeCastro

We’ve gotten some clarity regarding the knee injury suffered by Steelers guard David DeCastro. And it’s not good.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, DeCastro is expected to miss three-to-five months with various injuries in his right knee. Though the official diagnosis will come via a Monday MRI, we’re told that DeCastro currently is believed to have a torn MCL, a dislocated kneecap, and a partially torn patellar tendon.

Ouch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-3-5-months/

Blog Entries

Hate to see injured players, but i show no love for the stealers we will route them again this season no doubt we have surpassed them, Ravens own the afc north!! Book it!!

Closer to 7-12 months for an Olineman to be game shape ready. Only thing worse would have been the unhappy triad for an injury. Wifes a PT and told me that one. There a test for ya's if you know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Source: DeCastro is expected to miss 3-5 months
    Posted by Mike Florio on August 26, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
    David DeCastro

We’ve gotten some clarity regarding the knee injury suffered by Steelers guard David DeCastro. And it’s not good.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, DeCastro is expected to miss three-to-five months with various injuries in his right knee. Though the official diagnosis will come via a Monday MRI, we’re told that DeCastro currently is believed to have a torn MCL, a dislocated kneecap, and a partially torn patellar tendon.

Ouch!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ut-3-5-months/
    If that is true he is headed to IR.

Even if they went with the best case scenario, they have so many injuries elsewhere they could not hold a spot for him if they wanted to.

Oh and BTW, anyone seen Mike Wallace yet? Thought he was supposed to report this weekend. By my watch we have about 3 hours left and haven't heard a peep out if Western PA in regards to him.